๐๐„๐“๐„ ๐๐Ž๐ˆ๐‘๐„ | sasuke...

By shisuistan

โ†’ ๐€๐”โœจ BรŠTE NOIRE: bet-หˆnwรคr (n.) a person or thing that is particularly disliked and avoided; an object of... More

Prologue
I
Nee-chan
Surprise Entry
The Testing
Little Treasures
Sakura and Haku
With Shisui
Naori
White
Doctor Yakushi
Cheat Sheet
The Project
First Night
Focus
Deception
Kekkei Genkai
Blood, Sweat and Tears
Fear
Author's Note
Body
Bombarded
Tera-chan
Itachi
Soon
Arrival
Name?
Mission
Journey
You
Freedom
My Love
What to Do?
Return
Home
First Night
News
Sora
Some Nights
Loyalty
Run
Purity
Heart to Heart
Goodbye
Memory
Shizuka
Welcome!
Meeting
Dinner
Regrets
I Want
Yukata
Matchmaker
Crush
Co-Parents
Update
Shijima
Birthday
Release
Ayumi
Supervisor
Separation
Changeover
Reunion
Inspection
Yuta
Princess
August
Picnic
All Left
Shisui
The Last
Rebirth
The Babysitter's Club
Decisions
Awake
Change
Breathe
Attack
Prepare
Vessel
Go
One Call Away
Collision
Rage
Alliance
Origin
Tear
Remembered
Yuujin
Preparation
Darkness
End
I Confess
In Between
Surprise
Switch
Be My Last
Home Sweet Home
Bedridden
Fairy Tale
Starcrossed
Break Up
Child-free
Begin
Adrift
Moving
Necklace
Safety
Treason
Terms and Conditions
Icha Icha
Canon
Headquarters
Death
Success
Anguish
Serious Talk
First Shift
A New Beginning

Nerves

3.4K 187 126
By shisuistan

"Why the hell do we keep running into each other here."

Sasuke's voice was cold as he stared at his cousin who stood before Tera's bedroom door, looking like he was about to go in. Slightly surprised, Shisui turned away from the room and straightened up, raising an eyebrow at Sasuke.

"Why are you here?" he asked bleakly, looking thoroughly confused at his superior's appearance. Sasuke shot him a poisonous scowl, eyes narrowed at him as if daring him to step any closer towards the door.

"Why are you here?" snapped back Sasuke harshly, making Shisui frown at his discourtesy. "You've only barely returned from your mission- who reinstated you as Tera's escort?"

Shisui's eyes bored into Sasuke's own, reading him carefully.

"Your father did, actually," was his swift reply, shutting down Sasuke at once. "I swung by your house yesterday to visit aunty and Ayumi. I met him on my way out, and he told me so himself. According to him, you have bigger things to focus on. Congratulations on you and Tera's second child, by the way. I'm sure you're thrilled."

The twinge of disdain in Shisui's voice made his cousin's scowl deepen, and he stepped closer towards him in a show of intimidation.

"Look, Shisui," growled Sasuke possessively, hands balled into fists at his side. "I don't care what my father told you. If I wasn't alerted personally, then this arrangement does not change. Leave. Now."

Stretching his neck, Shisui stood fearlessly before his cousin.

"Sorry, Sasuke. But I can't do that."

With a small grin, he patted Sasuke on the shoulder.

"I don't see why it matters so much to you anyway. You were never a stickler for the rules, and I doubt you care much about Tera or Ayumi either. Just go back to doing your duties as a higher up. I'm sure you get more excitement doing that sort of work rather than just babysitting, don't you?"

Irritation prevalent on his face, Sasuke spoke through gritted teeth.

"I'm not the only one expecting another child," he said in a dark voice, flexing his hands. Immediately, Shisui's posture changed, and he eyed out Sasuke suspiciously.

"And your point is?"

"Does Tera know? I'm certain that if she knew about you, she wouldn't be so friendly and amicable towards you."

"My friendship with Tera is based off of more than what we each do when we're not together," was Shisui's cold reply. "Nothing changes."

Sasuke smirked in triumph, knowing he was finally pushing Shisui's buttons.

"What are you two doing?"

Just as tensions between the pair were beginning to heat up, a familiar figure emerged from the stairwell behind them.

Arms crossed and looking like he'd heard enough, Itachi was frowning and shaking his head at his brother and cousin, dressed cleanly with his crisp, white button up shirt tucked into his navy blue trousers.

"What are you doing here?"

"Little brother, you're so out of the loop," sighed Itachi, striding past the two and making his way towards Tera's bedroom door. "Shisui's taking her. I'm just the babysitter. You have some important paperwork up in your office, so I suggest you go and get that done instead."

***

"Itachi!"

I leapt up in excitement as I heard the Uchiha's familiar voice, and rushed to greet him at the door. Behind him I saw Shisui standing with Sasuke, and momentarily, got thrown off guard.

"Uh... what's happening?"

Itachi glanced over his shoulder at Sasuke, who looked at me with a glare. I raised an eyebrow at him in curiosity, and he turned away in anguish.

"Sasuke was just leaving," announced Shisui, patting his cousin's back and sending him on his way. Half confused but not really caring anyway, I nodded hesitantly as Sasuke stormed away from us, leaving Shisui smirking.

"You'd think he'd be sick of me by now," I muttered, noting how he had only barely left my room a few hours ago. Shisui and Itachi both exchanged wary glances, and once Sasuke was completely out of earshot, they stepped into my room and shut the door tightly behind them.

"We leave tonight," said Shisui sternly, making me raise my eyebrows in surprise.

"Huh? So suddenly?! Are you sure you're prepared?" I exclaimed, taken aback at the Uchiha's urgency. Itachi nodded curtly at me, arms crossed as his gaze flickered between me and Shisui.

"Yes," continued Shisui. My doubts weren't fully dispelled, but if Shisui said we were ready... then I guess we were ready.

"Ayumi?"

"We have that sorted," he said, glancing at Itachi. He didn't give any inclination on elaborating on their plan, so I tried to ask.

"How so?"

"I'll be at home tonight with mother, looking after Ayumi," said Itachi. The way he looked at me was slightly unnerving, and I subconsciously stepped away from him and Shisui.

"What will you do?" I asked, this time more forcefully.

"You don't have to worry about it," said Shisui reassuringly, shooting me a bright smile. Not fully convinced by his suddenly cheerful persona, I grimaced, noting Itachi's sudden dark aura.

"Okay, okay... I won't ask any more questions. I trust you."

Shisui held out his arms to me, and I walked towards him for a great big hug.

"Won't people suspect Itachi, though?"

"Don't worry about him. You'll be fine, won't you, Itachi?"

"Hn."

***

The day went by faster than I had hoped. Under the pretense of taking me outside for a walk, Shisui and Itachi updated me on news of the Uchiha's war preparations as I was led around, blindfolded and for some strange reason, cuffed.

"Why am I walking around like a prisoner?" I asked as Shisui tugged on the chain that bound my wrists. "The blindfold I'm used to... but the cuffs? Really?"

"Ever since you came back from Ayumi's retrieval... you've kind of got the whole clan in a tizzy," chuckled Shisui as he walked behind me with Itachi. "Also, they don't seem to trust me alone with you anymore, hence why Itachi's here. But the joke's on them, because he's on our side. Right, Ita?"

"Of course."

"Why don't they trust you?"

"In case I want to secretly train you against their wishes," came his reply. "I've only been reinstated as your escort because Fugaku doesn't want Sasuke to hang around you more than he needs to. Joke's on him as well, because he doesn't know that my little cousin still comes running down to you every night."

"It's only been one night, Shisui," I corrected, rolling my eyes under my blindfold. "I feel like everything right now is turning into a huge, confusing mess."

"Everything will be much, much better when we reach Sunagakure," said Shisui reassuringly.

"How long is it to get there?"

"It should be a matter of three to four days, tops. But, we have to consider the fact that we will be chased, so we need to move fast. I have to know that you will be able to move quickly with Ayumi."

"I will," I said certainly, reminiscing the time I had initially tried to run off with her. "I've done it before."

As soon as I said those words, I remembered that neither Shisui nor Itachi knew about what had happened after I got back Ayumi from Orochimaru.

"Oh," I said weakly, catching myself by surprise. "Surprise! I tried running away with Ayumi after we dealt with Orochimaru."

"What?!"

"Oh dear," came Itachi's voice, making me grin awkwardly.

"Sasuke caught you?!"

"Yes. I should have just keep going- and I would've."

"But? Why didn't you go?!"

"He told me my life wasn't the only one at risk. I didn't care much when he said he and Karin could ultimately be put to death, but you and Itachi as well."

Shisui let out a loud, roaring laugh.

"Sasuke and Itachi, put to death?" he cackled, slapping his thigh. "Right, as if the clan would ever execute the two of them!"

"What about you?"

"Oh yeah, me and Karin, definitely," snorted Shisui. "I don't understand why you didn't just keep going though! I would've been fine! Did you really think I could be easily killed?"

"I don't know, okay?!" I snapped back defensively, feeling like an idiot about my decision. "I was really scared for you! I didn't want anything bad to happen to you, so I caved and came back!"

It went quiet for a few minutes.

"I really want to hug you right now," Shisui finally said.

"Please don't," begged Itachi.

"Should we go back to the room?"

"Being out and about is the best way to show the clan that we have nothing to hide," said Itachi smoothly, as I continued to walk ahead of the pair with flushed cheeks.

"Everything feels so rushed," I said quietly, trying to wrap my head around the thought of being free from the compound so suddenly. "Something bad is bound to happen. I can feel it."

"If you think like that then something will happen! So don't think like that!"

"Okay, okay. I'll try not to. I trust you, Shisui."

"I'm glad you do, Kohana-chan."

"Okay, here's the plan." I yelped as I was brought to an abrupt halt, hearing Itachi standing behind me.

"After we take you to see Karin, we'll leave you in your room for the rest of the day until dinner. Try to rest as much as you can. Shisui will come to get you tonight, and he'll have all the gear you need for the journey. He'll sneak you out, and you'll pick up Ayumi on your way out. Then, you're going to have to move as fast as you can towards the border. Travel using the moonlight, as well as during the day. Rest only when you absolutely need it. At the same time, you have to be mindful of Ayumi. She's young, so you have to be very careful with her. But the quicker you can make the journey, the better. The next few days are going to be the hardest and the most gruelling of your life, but you have to make them count. I can't make any promises on how long it'll take for the clan to dispatch a retrieval squad, so you have to be swift."

"The words 'retrieval squad' scare me."

"You'll be fine. You'll be with Shisui. He's not known as one of the top shinobi in our clan for no reason, you know."

"Right, right. When is my appointment with Karin?"

"We were actually just going to head off now. Are you ready to go find out that you're pregnant again?"

"I can't wait," I said, voice dripping in sarcasm. I felt Shisui gently grab me by my wrists and lead me back the way we came, Itachi's hushed footsteps walking alongside him.

My stomach was turning, and although I wanted to place a hand over it, I couldn't.

"The last thing I want for you right now is to be stressed," said Shisui softly, his voice soothing my nerves. "I don't care about anything else, except for the wellbeing of you and your children. Mostly you."

"Thanks, Shisui. Please don't turn into a cheesy mess right now. That will definitely stress me out."

"I can't help it."

"Come on, lovebirds, get moving," said Itachi harshly. Seconds later, Shisui let out a cry and exclaimed, "Why did you hit me?!"

"Lovebirds? Really, Itachi?" I said with a small sigh, shaking my head at the pair's immaturity.

"Kohana is clearly infatuated with Sasuke," was his cheeky reply. "I heard that they-"

"Shisui, shut up!"

"Oh? Heard what?"

"Itachi, not you too-"

"Kohana and Sasuke have a very active sex life! I think its become something more! Did you see how annoyed he looked when we turned up at her room this morning?"

"I actually can't argue with that. I've noticed that he's gotten quite attached to Ayumi as well. Did you know this is the most he's ever been back home in a long time?"

"Can't say I didn't know. But-"

"Can we please just go to my appointment?!"

My plea went unnoticed as the pair continued to speak of me behind my back, pushing me forward every now and then.

"-this is the most I've ever seen Sasuke warm up to a kid. Don't you think?"

"I get what you mean. Even when Yuta was little, Sasuke rarely seemed interested in him. Or maybe it's just because it's his kid that he's so invested in Ayumi."

"I can't believe your little brother is finally growing up."

"Neither can I, Shisui. Neither can I."

"You two sound like two old ladies gossiping about other people's kids," I grumbled under my breath, making the pair burst into laughter.

"Ain't that the truth."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 16.7K 60
โ you will ๐™–๐™ก๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™จ have a special place in my heart, and that terrifies me. โž Kohana Akaashi is your basic chip off the block stubborn asshole...
65.4K 3.1K 39
"He's not that boy anymore; now he's a bloodthirsty monster. And you're not his friend either; you're his main target." An uncovered secret. A myster...
1M 28.1K 36
What if Uzumaki Naruto had a sister? That he never knew she existed. Her name is Minako. A Kunoichi, Jinchลซriki and the reincarnation of Uzumaki Mito...
557K 25.7K 76
โ๐™Ž๐™๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ก๐™š๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™›๐™š.โž โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค IN WHICH a...