After 3

By imaginator1D

The passionate story of Tessa and Hardin continues as family secrets, deep betrayals, and career opportunitie... More

After 3
Chapter 200.
Chapter 201.
Chapter 202.
Chapter 203.
Chapter 204.
Chapter 205.
Chapter 206.
Chapter 207.
Chapter 208.
Chapter 209.
Chapter 210.
Chapter 211.
Chapter 212.
Chapter 213.
Chapter 214.
Chapter 215.
Chapter 216.
Chapter 217.
Chapter 218.
Chapter 219.
Chapter 220.
Chapter 221.
Chapter 222.
Chapter 223.
Chapter 224.
Chapter 225.
Chapter 226.
Chapter 227.
Chapter 228.
Chapter 229.
Chapter 230.
Chapter 231.
Chapter 232.
Chapter 233.
Chapter 234.
Chapter 235.
Chapter 236.
Chapter 237.
Chapter 238.
Chapter 239.
Chapter 240.
Chapter 241.
Chapter 242.
Chapter 243.
Chapter 244.
Chapter 245.
Chapter 246.
Chapter 247.
Chapter 248.
Chapter 249.
Chapter 250.
Chapter 252.
Chapter 253.
Chapter 254.
Chapter 255.
Chapter 256.
Chapter 257.
Chapter 258.
Chapter 259.
Chapter 260.
Chapter 261.
Chapter 262.
Chapter 263.
Chapter 264.
Chapter 265.
Chapter 266.
Chapter 267.
Chapter 268.
Chapter 269.
Hessa Valentine's Day
Chapter 270.
Chapter 271.
Chapter 272.
Chapter 273.
Chapter 274.
Chapter 275.
Chapter 276.
Chapter 277.
Chapter 278.
Chapter 279.
Chapter 280.
Chapter 281.
Chapter 282.
Chapter 283.
Chapter 284.
Chapter 285.
Chapter 286.
Chapter 287.
Chapter 288.
Chapter 289.
Chapter 290.
Chapter 291.
Chapter 292.
Chapter 293.
Chapter 294.
Chapter 295.
Final Author's Note!

Chapter 251.

8.3M 110K 53.2K
By imaginator1D

Songs for this chapter are:

You and me - Lifehouse

How to save a life- The Fray

Tessa's POV.

"If we aren't going to talk about the wedding, I'm going to go shower. Kimberly wants to leave at eight and it's already seven." I tell Hardin. He's sitting on the edge of my bed with his elbows resting against his knees.

"You're still going?" He scoffs.

"Yes. I told you before remember? That was the whole reason you wanted to come here, so I didn't go alone." I pull open my dresser drawer and dig out clean panties and a matching bra.

"That's not the only reason I came," he defends. I raise a speculative brow at him and he rolls his eyes. "I didn't say it's not a reason, but it's not the only one."

"You still want to come right?" I ask.

"No, I never wanted to come but if you're going, so am I."  

I nod and leave the room with my clean clothes in hand. He doesn't follow me to the bathroom. It surprises me that I wish he would this time. I don't know where we stand at the moment. I know he's pissed about Zed and I'm upset that he's hiding things from me again but overall I'm thrilled that he's here and I don't want to waste our time fighting.

I wrap a towel around  my hair to keep it dry, I don't have the time to wash and dry it before we leave. The hot water relieves some of the tension in my shoulders and back but doesn't help clear my head. I need to be in a better mood within an hour. Hardin will be brooding all night, I'm sure. I want us to have a nice time out with Kimberly and Christian, I don't want any awkward silence or public fighting. I want us to get along and I want to be in a happy mood, both of us. I haven't had a Seattle nightlife experience since I moved here and I want my first to be as fun as possible, I don't know how possible that is after the time I spent with Zed and the way it made Hardin feel.

My guilt refuses to subside, but I'm relieved when my irritation and irrational thoughts slide down the drain, along with the scolding water and suds of soap.

 Hardin knocks at the door the moment I shut off the shower. I wrap a towel around myself and take a deep breath before answering.

"I'll be ready in ten minutes. I need to try to manage my hair," I look into the mirror at Hardin standing behind me.

"What's wrong with it now?" Hardin focuses on the frizzy mess.

"It's out of control," I laugh, "It won't take long."

"You're wearing that?" He eyes the uncomfortable black dress. The last time I wore this dress, it led to a disastrous night...well, week.

"Yes, Kimberly said there's a dress code."

"What kind of dress code?" Hardin looks down to his stained jeans and black t-shirt.

I shrug and smile to myself while imagining Kimberly telling Hardin to change his outfit.

"I'm not changing." He tells me and I shrug again.  

Hardin's eyes don't leave my reflection the entire time that I attempt to push my flat iron over my hair. The steam from the shower has made the roots curl in a terrible way, there is no hope for it. I end up pulling it back into a low bun. My makeup actually looks really good, an even exchange for such a bad hair day.

"Are you staying until Sunday?" I ask him.

I want to make sure the tension between us is controlled and we won't be arguing the entire night.

"Yes, why?" Hardin coolly responds.

"I was thinking that Friday we could go back to Pullman and I could see Landon and Karen. Your father too,"

"What about yours?"

"Oh yeah," I momentarily forgot about my father staying with Hardin. "I've been trying really hard not to think about that situation until you can tell me more about it."

"Are you sure you want to come there?" He asks.

"Yes. I don't live there now, I can always leave if I want to."

"I don't know if it's a good idea.."

"Why not?" I miss Landon so much.

"I don't know," Hardin rubs the back of his neck with his hand. "All this shit with Steph and Zed.." he trails off.

"Hardin, I'm not going to see Zed again, and unless Steph shows up at that apartment or your father's house, I won't be seeing her either."

"I still don't think you should."

"You have to lighten up a little bit." I sigh, resetting the bun in my hair.

"Lighten up?" He scoffs as if the idea has never occurred to him.

"Yes, lighten up. You can't control everything."

His head snaps up, "I can't control everything?" He gapes. "This is coming from you out of all people?"

I laugh, "I'm just saying. I'm giving you the Zed thing because I know it's wrong but you can't keep me from Pullman because you're worried that I will see him." 

"Are you done?" Hardin asks, leaning against the sink.

"With the argument or my hair?" I smirk at him.

"You're annoying," he smiles back at me and slaps my behind as I exit the bathroom in front of him.

I know he is still upset about me spending time with Zed but I'm glad he's being somewhat playful. Christian walks out of the living room and into the hallway, he calls Hardin's name.

"I'll be right out, I need to get my purse." I tell Hardin and he follows Christian back into the living room.

I grab my purse and check my cell phone. I have got to call my mother soon, I keep putting it off and she won't stop calling. I have a message from Zed as well.

*Please don't be upset with me about tonight. I was a jerk and I didn't mean to be. Sorry.*

I don't reply. I delete the message and push my phone into my purse. My friendship with Zed has to end now. I've been leading him on this entire time and every time I say goodbye to him I backtrack and  make the situation worse by seeing him again. It's not fair to him or to Hardin. Hardin and I have enough problems as it is. It bothers me as a woman that Hardin forbids me to see Zed but I can't deny that I'm being a huge hypocrite if I continue my friendship with him. I would never want Hardin to be friends with Molly and spent time with her alone, the thought itself makes me nauseous. Zed has made his feelings for me very clear and it's not fair to Hardin to allow him to pursue them. Zed is kind to me and he's been there for me a lot but I hate the way that I always feel like I have to explain myself to him and defend my relationship.

When I enter the living room, Hardin has his hands in his hair.

"Hell  no." He huffs, backing away from Christian.

"Blood stained jeans and that dirty shirt aren't allowed in the club, regardless of your friendship with the owner," Christian pushes some sort of black fabric to Hardin's chest.

"I'm not going then." Hardin pouts, letting it fall to the floor at Vance's feet.

"Don't be a baby, just put the damn shirt on."

"If I wear the shirt, I'm keeping the jeans on." Hardin negotiates, looking to me for help.

"Didn't you bring any clothes that aren't bloodied?" Christian smiles, he bends down to pick up the shirt.

"You can wear your black jeans Hardin," I suggest in an attempt to step between the two men.

"Fine, give me the fucking shirt then," Hardin snatches the shirt from Vance's hands and lifts his middle finger to him as stalks down the hallway.

"He could use a haircut too," Christian teases and I can't help but laugh.

"Oh would you leave him alone already. I won't stop him from giving you a black eye," Kimberly jokes with her fiancé.

"Yeah.. yeah.." Christian pulls her into his arms and kisses her mouth.

I turn away just as the doorbell rings.

"That will be Lillian," Kim announces while wiggling out of Christian's embrace.

Hardin walks out into the living room as Lillian comes through the front door.  

"Why is she here?" He groans.

"Don't be mean. She's your friend remember?" My first impression of Lillian wasn't a good one but I've grown to like the girl, even though I haven't seen her since we left the Vacation from Hell.

"No, she's not."

"Tessa! Hardin!" The blue eyed girl greets us with a bright smile. I'm thankful that she isn't wearing the same dress as I am, like she was the first time I met her.

"Hey," I smile back and Hardin curtly nods.

"You look great," She compliments. .

"Thank you, so do you." She is dressed in a simple cardigan and khaki pants.

"Okay, if you both are done.." Hardin complains.

"It's nice to see you too, Hardin." She rolls her eyes at him and he slightly softens, offering her a half smile.

"Smith is upstairs. We shouldn't be gone any later than midnight." Kimberly rushes around the living room to put her heels on and check her makeup in the large mirror above the couch.

"Ready, love?" Christian asks Kim.

"We are driving separately." Hardin announces.

"Why? We have a driver for tonight," Christian tells him.

"I want to drive myself in case we want to leave."

"Suit yourself." Mr. Vance shrugs and Hardin digs out his keys.

I hadn't had time to take in the shirt Christian gave Hardin to wear. It's a black, long sleeved button down, not unlike Hardin's that he usually wears when forced to dress up. The difference is that this shirt is printed with small, barely noticeable animal print...

"Don't say a word." Hardin notices my stare.

"I'm not." I bite my lip and he groans.

"It's a hideous shirt." He says.

I giggle the entire way to the car.

....

Hardin's phone begins the navigation and I sit in the passenger seat while he complains about the shirt he was "forced" to wear.

The jazz club is centrally located in downtown Seattle. The streets are full as if it were a Saturday night instead of Wednesday. We wait inside Hardin's car until a sleek black town car pulls up next to us and Kimberly and Christian step out.

"Rich bastard," Hardin says, squeezing my thigh where his hand is placed.

With a brisk smile the bald man detaches the rope and let's us by. Kimberly leads the way through the dark club. Blocks of gray stone are used as tables and black couches accented with white cushions cover the space. The only color in the entire club are the bouquets of red roses set on each stone top.

"Fancy," Hardin rolls his eyes. He looks painstakingly beautiful under the dim lights. Christian's printed button down shirt along with Hardin's black jeans make for a deadly attack against my hormones.

"It's nice right?" Kimberly turns around, beaming.

"Sure, sure." Hardin replies. The moment we get near the crowded tables, Hardin's arm wraps around my hips, pulling me to walk closer to him.

"Christian is waiting in the VIP section, we have it to ourselves." Kimberly informs us. The soft music playing through the club is relaxing yet stimulating at the same time.

The satin curtain is pulled open to reveal a moderately sized room, the black curtains serve as walls. Four couches line the curtain-walls and a large stone rests in the center covered with bottles of alcohol, a bowl of ice, and finger foods.

I almost miss Max sitting on one of the couches, across from Christian.

Great.

Max rubs me the wrong way and I know Hardin doesn't care for him either. Hardin's arm tightens around me again and he shoots a glare toward Christian.

"Nice to see you again Max," Kimberly smiles. She is the perfect hostess.

"You too, dear," Max grins. He takes her hand in his hand lifts it to his mouth.

"Excuse me," A woman's voice sounds behind me. Hardin and I step to the side and Sasha prances through the small space. Her intimidating height and barely-there white dress help her claim the entire room. 

"Great," Hardin speaks my thought from moments ago.

"Sasha," Kimberly tries to appear pleased to see the woman but fails. One of the flaws when it comes to Kim's open honesty is that it's hard for her to hide her emotions.

Sasha smiles warmly at Kimberly and takes a seat on the couch next to Max. His dark eyes meet mine as if asking for permission to sit with his mistress. I look away as Hardin guides me to the couch directly across from them. Kimberly takes a seat on Christian's lap and leans up to grab the bottle of champagne.

"What do you think of the place, Theresa?" Max's voice is smooth and heavily accented.

"Uhm," I stutter at the use of my full name. "It's nice."

"Would you two like some champagne?" Kimberly offers.

"I don't but Tessa does." Hardin answers for me.

I lean into his shoulder, "If you aren't drinking, I probably shouldn't either." 

"Go ahead, I don't mind. I just don't want any."

"I'm okay, thank you though." I smile at Kim.

Hardin frowns and takes a full glass from the table. "You should have some, you've had a long day."

"You only want me to have some so I don't ask you questions," I whisper, rolling my eyes in the process.

"No," he smiles, amused. "I just want you to have a nice time out. That's what you wanted right?"

"I don't have to drink to have a nice time," when I glance across the space, none of our company is paying any attention to our conversation.

"I never said that you did. I'm only saying, your friend is offering you free champagne that probably cost more than your entire outfit and mine, so why not take a glass and have a nice time," his fingertips dance along the nape of my neck.

"Good point," I lean into him and he places the long stemmed glass into my hand. "I'm only having one," I say.

Thirty minutes later I'm finishing my second glass and trying not to feel uncomfortable while Sasha parades around the small space. She claims she just wants to dance but if that were the case, she could go out to the general area of the club and dance there.

Attention whore.

I cover my mouth as if I've said the words out loud.

"What?" Hardin is bored. Very bored. I can tell by the way he's staring at the black curtain and his hand is dragging lazily up and down my back.

I shake my head in a silent response. I shouldn't be thinking those things about the woman when I don't even know her. All I know about her is that she is sleeping with a married man..

I can't help but dislike her.

 "Can we go now?" Hardin whispers into my neck. One of his arms is draped along the back of the couch and he brings the other to my thigh.

"Let's just wait a little longer." I say to him. I'm not necessarily bored but I would rather be spending one on time with Hardin than avoiding eye contact with Sasha.

"Tessa, come dance?" Kimberly suggests and Hardin tenses.

"I don't really dance, remember?" My thoughts flash back to the last time I went out to a nightclub with Kimberly. I danced with a guy just to spite Hardin even though he was hours away. I was so heartbroken then, so sad, that I could barely think straight. That guy ended up kissing me and I ended up practically raping Hardin in my hotel room after he found Trevor there. It was a huge misunderstanding but when I think back, the night ended pretty well for me.

"Well, come do a lap or something. You look like you're falling asleep." She smiles.

"Okay, a lap." I agree and stand to my feet. "Are you coming?" I ask Hardin and he shakes his head.

"She will be fine, we will only be gone a minute." Kimberly assures him.

He doesn't look pleased about her stealing me away but he doesn't try to stop her. He's trying to show me that he can lighten up and I love him for that.

"If you lose her, don't bother coming back." Hardin threatens Kimberly with a smile.  She bursts into laughter and drags me through the curtains and into the crowded club.

Hardin's POV.

"Where'd she take Theresa off to?" Max asks me.

"Tessa." I correct him. How the fuck does he even know her name is Theresa?

I guess it's a little obvious, but I don't like it.

"Tessa," he smiles and takes a long sip of his champagne. "She's a lovely girl."

I reach for a bottled water from the table and ignore his prodding. I have no interest in talking to the man.

I should have went with them, where ever they went. I'm trying to show Tessa that I can "lighten up" and this is where it gets me.

"I'll be back in a second, the band just arrived." Christian informs me. He tucks his cellphone into his dress slacks and exits the small space. Max stands to his feet and follows him, giving his date instructions to enjoy herself and have more champagne.

They aren't seriously leaving me in here with this chick.. 

"Looks like it's just us two," Stacey says to me, confirming that, that's exactly what they just did.

"Mhm," I spin the plastic lid of the water bottle across the stone table.

"So what do you think of the place? Max says it's been packed every night since the opening." She smiles at me. I pretend not to notice when she tugs at the bottom of her tiny dress to reveal her cleavage.. or lack of.

"It only opened a few days ago, of course it's been packed."

"Even still, it's a nice place." She uncrosses her legs and crosses them again.

Could she be any more desperate? At this point I can't even tell if she's actually trying to come onto me or if she's just a natural at being a whore.

I ignore her and she leans up across the table between us. "Do you want to dance? There is room in here," her long fingernails brush against my sleeve and I jerk away.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" I move to the other side of the couch. This time last year I would have taken her desperate ass into the bathroom and fucked her brains out. Now, the thought makes me want to vomit on her white dress.

"What? I only asked to dance."

"Dance with your married boyfriend." I snap and push the curtain back, hoping to see Tessa.

"Don't judge me. You don't even know me."

"I know enough."

"Yeah, well I know some stuff about you too so I would watch it."

"Do you now?" I laugh.

"Yes, I do." She narrows her eyes at me, trying to intimidate me I'm sure.

"If you knew shit about me, you wouldn't be threatening me right now." I warn her.

"You're exactly like they say.. " she lifts a champagne fluke to her lips and I leave her sitting alone so I can go find Tessa and we can get the hell out of here.

Exactly like who says? Who does she think she is? Christian is lucky that I promised Tessa a nice night, otherwise Max would have to answer for his whore's mouth.

I circle the club in search of Tessa's sparkling dress and Kimberly's bright blonde hair. I'm thankful that this is not the type of place where everyone is swaying around on a dance floor, most of the patrons are seated at tables, which makes my search much easier.

I finally find them standing in front of the bar, talking to Christian, Max, and another man. Tessa's back is toward me but I can tell by her posture that she's nervous. Another guy joins them and as I get closer, the first unknown man seems more and more familiar.

"Hardin! Three you are," Kimberly reaches her arm out to touch my shoulder but I dodge her and move to Tessa. When she turns to me her gray eyes are wary as they lead me to the guest.

"You remember professor Soto right?" She politely smiles.

Are you fucking kidding me?

"Jonah," he corrects her. He pushes his hand into the space between us for a handshake and I'm too thrown off to deny it.

"Small world?" Tessa whispers into my ear and I roll my shoulders. This is going to be a long ass night.

(Don't forget to vote<3 I can't believe this book is halfway over already! Al the mysteries and loose ends will make sense soon, so prepare yourselves:)  I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays so far! ily all! I plan to update again tomorrow, IF you vote :) jk. but just vote please :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161 0 29
Christine gets accepted into college and her lover is moved to another state because of school. Then something bad happened to her . She ends up in...
391 83 15
Rian makes a hard decision in order to get her life on track after everything that happened. She's ready to move on but as tension grows between her...
203K 6.1K 55
Zaryelle has to deal with having a guard tht she can't stand one bit nd he can't stand her. As time passes between them secrets are kept.
2.8K 127 33
Misty falls in love with Kylin and goes through a tough time having to accept everything he had done. Can she sacrifice everything ?