Chapter 247.

The songs for this chapter are:

 Flawless- The Neighbourhood

She is- The Fray

She will be loved - Maroon 5

Hardin's POV.

"Are you going to wake him up?" Kimberly asks Tessa when I enter the kitchen. It's a little past eight and Tessa is fully dressed.

Shit, it's Monday already. She has to go to work and I have to drive back to Pullman. I'll miss today's classes but I couldn't care less. I'll have my diploma in less than two months.

"I'm up," I groan, still groggy from sleep. I slept more peacefully last night than I have all week. My first night here we were up nearly the entire night.

"Hey," Tessa's smile lights the dim room and Kimberly covertly slides off of the high stool and leaves us alone in the kitchen.

For once, she doesn't annoy me.

"How long have you been up?" I ask her.

"Two hours. Mr. Vance said I could have an extra hour since you weren't awake."

"You should have woken me up earlier." My eyes greedily rake down her body. She's dressed in a deep red button down shirt tucked into a solid black, knee length pencil skirt. The material hugs her hips in a way that makes me want to bend her over the stool, push her skirt up to reveal her lace panties underneath, and take her right here, right now..

"What?" She calls me out from my thoughts. The front door closes and I'm relieved that we are finally alone in the massive house.

"Nothing," I lie and walk over to the half-full coffee pot. "You'd think they would have a Keurig, rich bastards."

Tessa laughs at my remark, "I'm glad they don't, I hate those things." She leans on her elbows on the kitchen island and her hair falls down to frame her face.

"Me too." I glance around the spacious kitchen and back to Tessa's chest as she stands up straight. "What time do you have to leave?" I ask her. She crosses her arms in front of her chest, blocking my view.

"Twenty minutes."

"Damn it," I sigh and we both bring our coffee mugs to our mouths at the same time."You should have woken me up. Tell Vance you're not coming in."

"No!" She blows at the steaming cup of coffee in her hand.

"Yes."

"No," her voice is firm, "I can't take advantage of my personal relationship with him,"

Her choice of words sends an unwelcomed annoyance through me.

"It's not a personal relationship. You're staying here because you are friends with Kimberly and ultimately because I introduced you to Vance in the first place." I remind her, knowing just how annoyed she gets when I bring that up to her.

Her gray eyes roll back dramatically and she strides across the deep hardwood flooring, her heels clicking loudly as she passes me. My fingers hook around her elbow, halting her dramatic exit and I pull her to my chest.

"Where do you think you're going?" I press my lips against the base of her throat.

"To my room to grab my bag," the heavy rise and fall of her chest completely contradicts her cool tone and cooler gaze.

"Tell him you need more time." I demand, barely brushing my lips over the flushed skin below her neck. She tries to appear unaffected by my touch but I know better, I know her body better than she does.