Endings Are New Beginnings (B...

By CharlotteCarol

Bambi Raye's life was normal. Well, as normal as any teenage girl's life can be, when they're going through p... More

Copyright
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59 Part 1
Part 59 Part 2
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Epilogue
Questions and Answers
Photos of the Characters
Book 2 is out!

Part 47

6.8K 321 116
By CharlotteCarol

I'm so sorry for the long wait. I've been writing a long update!! So here it is!!

Time seems to freeze. I want to move my feet, but they seem to be ignoring my commands. I feel like I'm getting shorter, because everything around me is rising up. When I feel arms come under me I realise that it's not because I'm getting shorter, it's because I have fallen towards the floor. My gaze is unfocused as I look up at the person holding me up.

Half of me doesn't understand why I have reacted so badly to the sound, anything could have happened. The other half of me pipes up giving an explanation, I have grown to care about all of the guys and it's the fear of one of them being hurt that has me in a wreck.

Jesse pulls me up onto my feet, making sure I am stable. He looks my face over, before clicking his fingers in front of my face. This causes my sight to refocus and my mind to gather itself together. I start to hear screams. I blink rapidly before looking back to my car. Before I can get a glimpse of what is happening Jesse steps in front of me. I look around for Ashton but he is no longer here. He must be with the others.

"We have to go and see if they're OK." I rush out.

"First of all, are you OK?" He asks. I nod.

"I'll be fine, they won't if they've been shot." I tell him, looking around. I see everyone staring horrified at my car, some of them are running away, while others are moving closer, to get a better look. "Please Jesse." I plead with him. He sighs, and moves out of my way.

He reaches for my hand. I start to walk forwards when he pulls me back by my hand. I narrow my eyes back at him.

"Whatever we find, everything will be OK. We'll deal with whatever happens and pull through it." He tells me walking so he is beside me. I breathe in shakily, squeezing his hand. My mind goes to Sophie, Sam and Jinx, wondering what they will think. I start to pull Jesse with me as I walk quickly towards my car. As I get closer, I see the guys in a frenzy. My heart starts to beat quicker. I let go of Jesse's hand and run the rest of the way.

I arrive at the car to see Ryder and Ashton leaning into the car. I flick my eyes around the scene taking it all in. Trystan is on the phone, with Colton nearby on his own phone. Storm is running around the car and back towards the beach. Brody sees me, he runs towards me pulling me back the way I came. He looks to Jesse and gives him a slight shake of the head. I quickly count the guys I saw and realise Levi wasn't one of them. I look to where Ryder and Ashton are leaning into the car and see it is on the passenger's side, where Levi took my place. I hear a scream, and realise it is coming from myself. Tears start to stream down my face, when I hear sirens getting closer and closer. Colton is off the phone, and I realise he must have called them. Trystan however is still on his phone. I look back to Brody, choking out the big question.

"What happened, is Levi OK?"

"We're not sure yet, he was shot in his left thigh after a scuffle with the gun." He lets me know.

"Oh my god." I let out breathily. "Where's Tanner?" I ask, feeling anger start to replace my worry and sadness. Brody looks down.

"He got away. We tried to stop him, but he still had the gun." He explains, moving his eyes so he is looking at Jesse.

"I'm going to see him." I tell them, walking around him and towards the car. Brody runs backwards and in front of me.

"I don't think that's a good idea. It's not a pretty sight." He tells me. I stare at him for a moment before carrying on around him. I run to the passenger side, and see that Ryder and Ashton are trying to give him medical help. I look down at his leg, and see that is bleeding profusely. Suddenly all the breath is knocked out of my body. I bring a shaky hand up to my mouth, I haven't known them for long but I feel like I've known them for an eternity. It's probably because they've helped me through some tough times. Levi looks up and sees me. He gives me a weak smile. Ryder looks over his shoulder, he motions that I can take his place. As he moves out of the way, I squeeze past him and fall onto my knees next to Levi. He reaches down for my hand. I clutch it with both hands.

"It's all my fault you were shot." I say tearfully. He shakes his head.

"Don't blame yourself." He says, weaker than usual. He lets out a sound of pain, which has me clutching his hand tighter.

"Sorry mate." Ashton apologises.

"It is, I left my sunglasses behind. Tanner wouldn't have been able to corner me, and then you wouldn't have felt the need to come and find me." I insist.

"Were you holding the gun?" He asks, wiping my the tears on my face away. I shake my head.

"Then it's not your fault." He says, resting his head on the back of the seat. I feel hands come down on my shoulders, trying to pull me back. I resist, wanting to stay with him.

"Bambi, the ambulance is here. The paramedics need to get to him." Ryder tells me gently. I bite my lip, before giving Levi's hand one last squeeze before standing up and moving away with Ryder. The rest of the guys, except Ashton and Storm, are standing together all looking on at the car. When they see me and Ryder walk towards them, they change their attention onto me.

"Are you OK?"

"Did Tanner hurt you?"

"He won't get away with this, along with threatening you and Sophie."

"I'm OK. No, he didn't. Where is Storm?" I answer their questions and counter with my own.

"He's letting Sam and Jinx know what happened, and is checking that Tanner doesn't go and do anything, like he said he would." I give a small smile before turning back to look at Levi. The paramedics now have him out of the car, and onto a gurney. They were working on him as they walk him quickly to the ambulance. I run after him and follow them to the ambulance. They lift him up into the back.

"Miss, I'm sorry you can ride with us, there won't be enough room." One of the paramedics tells me, before getting into the back with Levi. Colton comes and stands beside me, pulling me closer.

"He's going to be OK, we'll follow right behind them." Colton reassures me. I smile thankfully up at him. Ashton leans down and says something to Levi quietly. Levi nods in acknowledgement, Aston then turns to the paramedics and tells them something before he leaves the ambulance. He gives me a small smile before walking back and talking quickly to Trystan who is still on the phone.

I start to shiver, causing me to cross my arms over my swimsuit and rub them. Colton sees this and passes me his shirt. I thank him and put it on. I look around and see that a couple of policemen are talking to some of the guys, getting their statements. The guys who are talking to them, look back at me and then back to the cops. The policemen also look at me, before making a note. Colton pulls me into a hug, and in the process moves my gaze from the police. I wrap my arms around his neck, thankful for the comfort. I hear the sirens start up again, and then quieten as the ambulance drives off quickly.

Small arms wind their way around our legs and squeeze. I move back slightly and look down to see Sophie. She moves her head so she's looking up at us with a big grin. I clear my throat, and check that there aren't any tears left over on my face. I wipe the ones that I find away and then return her smile. I unwrap my arms, and reach down to stroke her head.

"You OK?" I ask her. She nods, before looking around. I look at Storm who is talking to Sam and Jinx. He catches my eyes, and shakes his head slightly, letting me know that he hasn't told her.

"Mummy, why are there policemen?" She asks her smile fading on her face. I close my eyes, I don't know how to tell her and I never thought I would have to tell her something like this at her age. I move out of Colton's arms and kneel down in front of her. I sigh and scratch the back of my head.

"Something happened, causing Levi to be hurt as a result." I explain.

"I'll kiss it, make it all better." She tells me, looking around for him. I give a small smile.

"He's with the doctors at the hospital right now, but I'm sure he'll love that when we see him."

"Why's he at the hospital?" She asks confused. I let my shoulders drop. I can't keep it from her, I don't want to be pessimistic but what happens if the worst happens and he dies.

"Sweetie, he was hurt badly, so they needed to give him extra help." I tell her. Her bottom lip starts to quiver as tears fall down her face. "He'll be OK. The doctors will make it all better. We'll go and see him as soon as we leave." I reassure her and myself. I pull her into a hug and press a kiss onto the top of her head.

"Look what I have." Brody says. I look up and see he is holding the big teddy bear. I study it and see that it is exactly the way we left it, thankfully. When Sophie sees it, she lets go of me and extends her arms towards it. When I know she is happier with the bear and Brody is talking to her, I excuse myself and move around them to where Ryder and Jesse are walking back from speaking to the cops. Ryder sighs as if exhausted and pulls me into a hug.

"Do you need anything out of your car? They'll have to take it in for evidence." Jesse asks me. I think for a moment before answering.

"Sophie's car seat, there should be nothing else." Jesse nods before walking off and retrieving it. Ryder rest his chin on my head.

"We should be going soon, we're just waiting for Trystan to finish on the phone." Ryder lets me know.

"Who's he talking to?" I query. Ryder is silent for a moment.

"Levi's family, he's letting them know what's happened." He finally tells me. Something in his voice, however, makes me think that it's not the whole truth. Jesse comes back with Sophie's car seat in hand.

"Looks like Trystan is finished." He comments. I look to where Trystan and Ashton are walking towards us. I catch the end of Trystan's conversation.

"...OK, we'll see you there... Yes, I've let his family know... OK. Bye." He finishes, bringing his phone down from his ear. I look up at Ryder, who is trying to avoid my gaze and looks like he wants to hit his brother over the head, confused. I keep my mouth shut however. Slowly, everyone gathers in a group and we make plans of who is going in which cars. Sophie, now slightly happier, is hugging the huge bear close.

After everyone is assigned a car, we all finally make our way to the hospital.

*^*^*

I sit in the waiting room, hoping for some news.

After what felt like an eternity, we arrived at a different hospital as to the one in which my mother is in. We walked into the reception and Ashton went to the desk. After a minute he comes back to us, and updates us.

"He's gone into surgery. There is no other news, but we can wait in a waiting room and they'll tell us as soon as they have some."

That was 2 hours ago, and there is still nothing. The guys eventually got hungry, and we all went down to the dreary cafeteria. I hardly ate anything, a feeling of dread present in my stomach. I am resting my head on Storm's shoulder and watching Brody and Colton opposite me, with a smile on my face, trying to cheer Sophie up. Sam nudges me with his arm. I look at him next to me.

"Tanner's a bastard." He whispers. I let out a chuckle.

"Yes he is." I agree.

A phone goes off, causing me to jump. Trystan pulls it out, looks at it, before getting up and leaving the room. I watch him leave curious.

Another half an hour goes by, and Trystan still hasn't come back. I look around at the guys and see that they don't seem curious about Trystan's disappearance. My eyes fall on Jesse and see that he's sitting quietly, staring at the wall opposite him blankly. I get up from where I am sitting, causing Storm to watch me, and sit in the empty seat next to Jesse.

"How are you doing?" I ask him, remembering how he told me he didn't like hospitals. He turns to me, giving me a slight smile.

"I'm OK, my mind is more on Levi than anything else." He admits.

"That's good, well bad that you have to worry about him..." I stop talking, thinking I'm making it worse. He chuckles at me. The door opens and Trystan walks back in, closely followed by a doctor. I lean forwards eager for the news.

"He's just come out of surgery, we thought we would lose him at one point..." He says, causing me to have to swallow the food down that I ate today. "But he's OK. We were lucky, the bullet just missed the femoral artery, otherwise I would be here with different news. You'll be able to see him in 10 minutes." He finishes. A sigh of relief goes around the room. He's OK. I feel myself lose all the tension in my muscles, and I see a lot of the guys relaxing. Ashton stands up and quickly talks to the doctor before he leaves. As the door is just closing behind the doctor, it is pulled back open and a man enters the room.

Here you go! I hope you liked it (or didn't because Levi was shot)! ;)

Who was Trystan talking to on the phone?

Who is coming into the room? Is it anyone important?

Who agrees with Sam about Tanner? I know I do. I had it planned that Tanner was going to miss, but then Tanner shot Levi! I wasn't expecting it!

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following!!

CC ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 4K 35
"So here I am, bawling my eyes out on my bed. I've got mascara streaming down my face, my eyes are red and puffy, I can't breathe, and it feels like...
5.7K 318 23
"Hey Princess." "Wh..at is your problem?! Why are y..you following me?!" "Are you scared of me?" he asked with a smirk on his face. "N..no I am no..t...
1.4M 52.8K 112
I anticipated every breath, and every word. Each day, you could only take an uneducated guess at what he would say. What he would do. My heart tremor...
1.1M 23.8K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...