BrEakOut ThE RuLEz Spanking S...

By Psparkle022

Lieutenant commandant Steve McGarrett is the current leader of the well known Hawaii 5-0 task force, dedicate... More

Introducing BTR
Chapter 1: How it all began
Chapter 2: Parenting duties Pt.1
Chapter 2: Parenting duties Pt.2
Chapter 3: The calm before the storm
Chapter 4: Not my daughter but my sister
Chapter 5: The mysterious texts
Chapter 6: How far would you go?
Chapter 7: Dangerous roads
Chapter 8: Paying the price
Chapter 9: Putting the mess behind
Chapter 10: Friend or foe
Chapter 11: Life adjustments
Chapter 12: Dealing with the problem
Chapter 13: It won't lead you anywhere good
Chapter 14: Catching waves and earning a date
Chapter 15: Hiding secrets
Chapter 16: A short walk on the beach
Chapter 17: Opening up
Chapter 18: Early mornings
Chapter 19: First date
Chapter 20: First encounter
Chapter 21: One of many fears
Chapter 22: Broken trust
Chapter 23: Facing fears and a first wave
Chapter 24: That guy
Chapter 25: The boat trip
Chapter 26: Being a guardian
Chapter 27: The threat
Chapter 28: Being sick
Chapter 30: An outfit change
Chapter 31: Occupational hazards
Chapter 32: A reckless moment
Chapter 33: Life changes
Chapter 34: Not going back
Chapter 35: Please don't leave me
Chapter 36: Without her
Chapter 37: The settle
Chapter 38: The trial
Chapter 39: Breaking point
Chapter 40: My babygirl
Chapter 41: The final countdown
Epilogue

Chapter 29: The one in charge

3.5K 45 23
By Psparkle022

Steve's POV

I woke up a few hours after Jill left me sleep for the last time. I had no idea what time was it, but all I knew was that I was hungry as a tiger. I'm no doctor, but I assume that must be a good sign of recovering. I felt more vital now that I had a few hours of deep sleep, knowing Jill was safe in the house and Danny was taking care of our cases, including Brian's. I think I cannot remember the last time I just let time pass by, laid on my bed, staring at the roof. It was quite relaxing actually, I liked it. I didn't feel bad about not be doing nothing, because in Daniel words, "I had nothing to be doing but resting".

There was a time that my stomach started to roar so badly that I decided to get up and see what could I eat. In the precise moment my sister arrived with a plate of soup. Awesome.

-You seem to be reading my mind, I told her with a smile, sitting on the bed.

We were both in a much better mood, since she got what she wanted and me too: she was safe and I rested as I was commanded to by her.

-It wasn't me actually, she said with a shy smile while blushing, Someone thought you'd need this, so he stopped by and left it for you.

-Someone? He? Your boyfriend was here?, I asked again jumping to my first (and more likely) conclusion.

-He ain't my boyfriend... yet. But yes. Zeth stopped by a few minutes ago. Don't worry, we just talked sitting down on the front steps. He said his mother made this for you to feel better.

-Huh. How kind of his part, I said trying so hard not to doubt of his purposes. He seemed like a nice kid, but you never know honestly.

-I know, she said laying on her belly besides me while I was eating. She was wearing that smile, that tells on her all the time she's been with Zeth.

-So what you've been doing all day? I don't even know what time is it, I asked her as she glanced at her watch. How many she has of those? I swear she's been wearing a different color for like a week now.

-It's exactly... 5.37 pm. I know it's early for dinner, but you seem hungry, she said watching eat my soup like a hungry bear eats his meal.

-I've been sleeping all day?, I said raising my eyebrows in surprise.

I've never ever slept that much. Something always wakes me up when I fall asleep.

-Considering the few hours you've had of sleep for the past two weeks, I'd qualify that as perfectly normal, she said rolling her eyes. Of course she does. If I wouldn't wake her up, she could sleep for days and days without stopping.

-Well I only needed a short rest. I feel alot better now, I said setting the bowl aside to avoid making a mess while she fetched the thermometer.

-Let's see... well you don't have temperature anymore, so the medicine it's working. However that doesn't mean you can go back to work. You'll have to wait until tomorrow at least, she said while a manicure finger was shoved between my eyebrows.

-Yes ma'am. What's going on with you, all stern?, I asked her with a giggle. She giving me orders? It was a funny thing to see.

-You make me upset when you don't look after yourself.

-The feeling is mutual, believe my words. Don't worry, I don't plan to go to work unless they need me tomorrow, I said rubbing her back to calm her down. She gets like a little fury beast when I upset her.

-You'll stay here with me then?, I heard while a small bulge snuggled right to my side and I smiled warmly.

-Is that what this is all about? Me staying here with you instead of going out to work?, I asked her lowering my look to meet her eyes but these quickly dropped.

-I don't wanna talk about it, she claimed beneath the sheets, leaving me trying to find her.

-Jill come on. Don't be a baby, I said discovering her face.

My look mirrored in two emerald orbs that were obviously frightened and that just broke my heart.

-Maybe... maybe I don't feel safe whenever you leave.

-Look babe I know you're scared, even if you won't admit it not even to yourself, but you already know there's no way Brian can put a foot on any inch of this island without me knowing first. I won't let him get near you, ok?, I held her worried look while putting emphasis on my words. I needed my sister to feel safe.

-I know you'll do everything possible. It's just that... it's good to have you around, she smiled at me softly.

-You'll always have me. You're the priority number one of me and my entire task force, I said wrapping my arm around her shoulders and kissing her cheek.

-Poor them, she said with a giggle.

Exactly, poor us. Looking after a girl who can get herself into so much trouble is a hard task, but I'm an experienced Navy Seal and lead of an specialized force, all staff qualified to work against terrorist and top class professional murderers. Beyond that, I'm her older brother and nothing bad will ever happen to her under my watch.

Something came to my mind after a few minutes we spent chatting. She said 5.37 pm. If I've slept all day, there are lots of things I haven't watched my sister to do like...

-Did you eat?, I suddenly asked her in the middle of our conversation.

I was feeling better, therefore my mind had started to work better and remember these little details my sister tend to skip.

-If I say no, will you be mad?, she said giving me a friendly smile, which I responded with a frown.

-Of course I'll be mad. Is that if I'm not here you don't eat?, I said already sitting on the bed, willing to get up and make her some food... after scolding her for quite some time of course.

-Wow, wow. You can't get up yet Steve. What are you doing?

-I'm getting you something to eat, something you're obviously not capable of doing by yourself, I said pissed off because she wouldn't let me take care of her.

-I am perfectly capable of doing that myself. I'm just not capable of actually remember about it. I'll fix something for dinner and come back.

With that she left the room before I could make a single move. I don't understand her: how is it possible that she forgets to eat? Isn't she hungry after spending the whole day without eating? At least she willingly went to the kitchen to fix something for herself to eat. I might be weak, but I can still be stern with my sister if I have to though. No disease's gonna make me quit my job as her guardian.

After a while she came back with her dinner in her hands. She's got to be kidding me.

-A peanut butter sandwich? Seriously?, I asked her as she sat down on the bed next to me.

-And jelly. It might not be the most healthy food, but I really wanted one, she said taking the first bite.

-I need to get better. You definitely need me, I concluded as I lay back on the bed closing my eyes.

-You're feeling better already. You're already acting like if you were in charge, she giggled while eating her sandwich.

-I never stopped being in charge. I just took a short already ended break, I said smiling to her.

In that precise moment my phone ranged, and as my friend's name appeared on the screen Jill got up from the bed.

-Thank you Daniel. I'll give you some privacy and take my peanut butter sandwich with me.

-McGarrett, I answered the phone breathing out a huge sigh when she walked out the door. This kid is going to kill me.

-Well you don't sound like crap anymore, Danny said as a matter of factly.

-I'm feeling better. If I'm lucky, I'll be working in just a a day or two. So what do you have for me?, I said to him as I was anxious to hear the news.

-Not much honestly. We have an open case on a murder that seems to correspond to the M.O of the Yakuza, no leads though.

-That's too bad. With that last case I was hoping we'd have reduced a little bit their forces, I said with a frustrated sigh. Those Yakuza were a pain in the ass for our task force.

-Don't worry about it. Oh and I've been keeping an eye on the other punk. He attended to his therapy group session and his appointment with the psychiatrist. I couldn't tell you where he is right now, but I checked the no flying list and they assured me there's no way he can take that plane without us to know, so we must assume he's in Boston or somewhere near.

-What he does with his free time I don't care, as long he doesn't come near my sister, I growled. The only thought of her near that character puts me in a very bad mood.

-Take it easy Steve. We won't let that happen. So how's your sister treating you?, Danny joked with me and I groaned in annoyance.

-She acts as if I were some kind of baby. As if I haven't been sick before, I said rolling my eyes. Jill was overreacting about my condition. I wasn't really that sick.

-It's good to know you have someone looking after you. My daughter makes me these drawings whenever I feel sick. It really makes me feel better that she's there.

-Yeah, Jill has become all maternal and that kind of stuff, and Zeth came to visit her with the excuse of bringing chicken soup his mother made for me, I said getting completely suspicious of him.

-Well that was a good move. You must give the kid some credit. He scored with your sister and with you too, my friend laughed on the other side of the phone.

-Please. He'll never make it out of the warning zone with me, that I can say. I guess he's not really that bad though, I added as an afterthought.

-This disease of yours has you going soft or something?, Danny asked me.

-At all, but I feel alot better now that I had a few hours of rest and that damn headache left me alone.

-And I have no intentions of bringing it back, so I'll leave you alone now, Danny said.

Just for the record, that was his own way to say "Get better. Goodbye".

-See ya, I said hanging up the phone and resting for a moment.

Next day I woke up at sunrising as I've done my entire life. It cheered me up, since it was a clear sign my body was completely recovered. Of course, the doctor said I couldn't get back to work until tomorrow, so I was planning on staying home with Jill that day. I didn't wake her up so early because I wanted to surprise her with just made hotcakes, with maple sauce and raspberries, as I remember they were her favorites. It was not surprising at all that the smell of the hotcakes as I was making them attracted a particular figure than snuck through the door and stood up right behind me.

-It smells delicious Stevie, Jill said trying to surprise me by her silent arrival.

It wasn't a surprise at all, and I didn't feel alarmed, since I had heard her coming since the moment she opened the door of her room. She ain't that quiet you know.

-I heard you coming the moment I started making the hotcakes babygirl. And mind you, you shouldn't surprise a guy with CQC training. I could attack you thinking you're a professional killerI said turning my head with a smile.

-Because I soo look like one of those. Judging by your look and the fact you're up at sunrise again, I'll take a guess and say you're feeling better.

-I am. And I thought we should celebrate the fact that I'm all healthy again by having something special for breakfast, I said flipping the hotcakes.

-I'm not gonna say no to that, she said ripping a piece of a hotcake that was already made and that I had set on a plate on the counter. She couldn't just wait till I'm done with all of them, could she?

-Wait until I finish preparing them at least, I said watching her take the piece of hotcake stolen to her mouth and then smile to me.

-Sorry. I couldn't help it, she said giving me a sweet smile.

-You haven't changed at all, I said setting a few more hotcakes on the plate.

I knew she wouldn't delay a second to lay her tiny hands on my perfect just made hotcakes, but when she does....

-Some habits die hard, she said walking around the kitchen, trying to be patient.

Too much to ask for a girl like my sister, that never has to wait to get whatever she wants.

-We'll see. So far you've changed a few for more healthy ones, I said to her making my point.

After all, she now wakes up early instead of wasting the entire day laying in bed, doesn't spend her entire time with her fingers stuck to her phone, she's more polite and respectful... everyone can change with the right discipline.

-I have to give you credit for that. Nobody would believe me if I told, she said when I saw her hand approaching to the hotcakes plate and ripping another piece.

-No, hey! What did I tell you?, I said to her half scolding-half laughing as I quickly smacked her bottom with the wooden spatula I had in my hands to flip the hotcakes. To this she overreacted, of course.

-Oww you didn't have to be that aggressive. Alright you win. I'll sit here and wait for you to be done with those hotcakes, she complained while rubbing her sore area.

-It shouldn't take long, don't worry. Meanwhile you could set the table you know.

-Yes sir, she said hopping down from the chair and grabbed a couple of glasses and plates for us.

Once I was done we sat down to enjoy our well deserved breakfast: just made hotcakes with butter and maple sauce, she with a glass of milk and I with a mug of my precious just made coffee. It was what I needed to start the morning with the right foot. After all I had nothing to do but to stay and relax.

I was trying to think what would I do during the entire day. I was thinking that I could take the morning to clean and organize this place, but I found that Jill had already made all that yesterday. I looked at her as if she'd be the sick one. My sister? Cleaning? Since when? Somebody tell me what happened to her. She just answered that she wanted to help to make me feel better, and she thought that'd be a good place to start. Jill knew me too well, she knew I love to (or must) have my house perfectly clean and organized. Living in the dirt it's something you'll never see me do, unlike Daniel.

-So what are we gonna do all day long?, I asked my sister as she shrugged her shoulders in response.

-I was thinking that we could go surfing, she said while putting a huge piece of hotcake in her mouth.

-So I'm too sick to go to work but healthy enough to go surfing with you, hmm?, I asked her raising an eyebrow as she looked away.

-Ok so maybe you can't go... it's ok. I'll stay here with you and make you some company, but you know... I was hoping I could go out for sometime. I sort of have plans tonight, if that's ok with you.

-Tonight?, I asked her raising my eyebrows as she looked at me. She was being really careful abording the subject, which it meant she wanted something I wouldn't easily give her if I'd give it to her at all.

-Not late tonight, more like an afternoon-evening kind of... thing, she said combing her hair backwards.

-Ok so let me get this straight. What you want is for me to reconsider your 6 pm curfew. What for?, I said setting my fork apart and cleaning my mouth with a napkin before starting to talk.

-Straight to business then, but please listen to me Stevie. It's really important to me, she said setting her plate apart as well.

-Ok. I'll listen to you at least, I said while leaning back and folding my arms in my chest.

She was holding really poor chances of me letting her go out that late.

-Zeth and his friends are making a campfire tonight. I'm not expecting for you to let me go until it's finished, because it will be late. I'll give you that, but I was thinking that you might consider to allow me arrive a little bit later than usual, maybe 8...

-No way, I said dismissing the idea. 8 pm? Her? Alone outside? No way.

-Ok, 7.30 at least? Please I'm not asking that much, she said begging me to reconsider my position.

I sighed. What to do: it really didn't seem such a bad idea, if she compromises to go under my conditions. The thing is that I was still not sure what was the situation with Brian. Danny assured me that he was still in Boston, or at least anywhere in the world but Hawaii, yet I wanted to look at those records with my own eyes. Not because I don't trust Danny, but because I needed to see them by myself.

-How about this? I promise I'll think about it and give you an answer later, I communicated to my sister my final decision.

Of course it wasn't the one she was expecting, and obviously didn't please her to know she still had to wait, but she knew a small attitude right now would screw her chances, if she had any. She's not that stupid.

-Alright. Thank you Stevie, she said nodding her head.

-Now heading back to where we were..., I said when there was a knock on the door.

I wasn't expecting anybody that early, so I asked Jill. She shrugged saying that she wasn't expecting anyone either. I opened the door and found myself with a mailman with a package for Jillian Cleland. I grabbed the box and signed up for it. Shutting the door I started to examine the package before giving it to my sister. It said it was from mom, from Paris. Strange.

-It's for you, from mom, I said giving it to my sister expecting her to go crazy opening it, yet that didn't happen, which called my attention a lot.

-Wow... how kind of her, she said setting the small box on the table without even looking at it.

-You're not gonna open it?, I asked her suspiciously while narrowing my eyes to her.

She goes crazy with presents, so it was strange she didn't even react when I said it as from mom. Unless she was expecting it already.

-Ummm ok, she said opening the box nervously and pulling out a brand new phone, and not just any phone. It was the newest Iphone and still she wasn't a bit surprised. Now I knew what was going on.

-Did you ask mom to send you that?, I asked to my sister while folding my arms in disapproval. All that spoiling my mom always does makes me sick, but I wasn't blaming Jillian for it.

-Maybe I mentioned that I wanted one?... Stevie please don't be mad, she said already shooting me the infamous puppy dog eyes.

-I'm calling mom, I said pulling my phone out of my pocket and quickly dialing mom's number.

It took awhile until she answered. Apparently she was in a hurry, so I spoke to her quickly. Previously, of course, I had locked myself in my bedroom to have a peaceful talk with my mother, that seemed to be on her way to become in the child and me in the adult.

-Hello sweetheart, she said with that sweet voice she has. Unfortunately I was by far too pissed off to be compelled for it.

-Mom did you buy Jillian a new phone?, I said going straight to business. She cleared her throat before she answered, same gesture she shares with my sister.

-Well I thought it'd be a nice gift, don't you think?, she answered as if she couldn't see the problem here.

Of course, she's never been able to see the problem that was right between her eyes.

-She already has a phone mom, and a very expensive one by the way. Tell me: what do you expect to earn from this constant spoiling you practice on her?, I said in total frustration.

-Steven I don't have time for this right now sweetie. I have tons of things to do here. If you don't feel ok with it, then just take away it from her. I'm not going to stand in your way.

-Of course, and make me look like I'm the bad guy. That's what you always do, and it was the prime objection I had when you asked me to look after Jillian during the summer, not to mention for her to stay forever, I said getting really upset to her, raising my voice a little bit.

-I don't know what to tell you sweetie. I gotta go now. I love you, she said ending the conversation.

I sat down on the bed rubbing face thinking of what to do. What was done, was done. I was not taking the phone from my sister just because, but this spoiling my mom does with my sister doesn't let me work on her attitude problems. Whenever I make a move or a progress with my sister, my mom comes and destroys everything we got to build by spoiling her. If she's not gonna help me raise Jill properly, then she could at least stay out of the way.

I opened my dorm's door to reveal my sister standing right in front of it. Instantly my eyebrows knitted together, and she quickly reacted.

-I wasn't listening, I swear. Are you mad at me?, she asked with her beautiful green eyes staring at me and I couldn't but relax my stern demeanor a bit.

-No, of course not. I just do not agree with mom giving you a new phone, that's all. I just want to know: did you or did you not ask for it to mom?, I said trying to get an honest answer from my sister.

I tried not to use the words "extort" in order not to offend Jill, but the truth is that's what she does with my mom and most of the people she needs something from.

-Well... yes I did. I'm sorry I didn't tell you Steve, but honestly I don't understand who's in charge of me right now, who makes the calls and all that. I'm confused, she said looking at me with lots of confusion in them.

It was comprehensible: neither me or my mom know exactly who's in charge of making decisions about Jill.

-I know, it's confusing to me too sometimes. Mom is mom, and she'll be in charge of you her entire life. You're her responsibility and that won't ever change. Just take something in count: you live under my roof, and there are certain rules you already know mom has nothing to do with.

-Yes sir. So heading back to where we were before being rudely interrupt. What do you feel like doing today?

-Honestly? I want to do some push ups. I feel like my muscles are already losing their strength, I said flexing my arms and staring at them. I haven't done exercise in a while, and I couldn't just lose my good shape. I needed it for work.

-Push ups? Geez that doesn't sound like fun at all, she said looking at me as if I was crazy. Is it really that strange?

-If you ever want to quit being a wonky, you'll have to start doing some exercise, I said fooling around with her.

When someone makes fun of her size she gets really pissed off, and as every good old brother, I make fun of those moments.

-I'm not weak!, she argued folding her arms together. I just looked at her up and down and let go a laughter.

-I'm sorry but you do look weak babygirl. You're what? 5 feets tall? And your arms are so thin that I could break them using my thumb, I said holding her tiny arms in my hands.

Her trying to convince me she looks strong was just too funny for me to hold my laughter and jokes. She had to be kidding me, right?

-For your information, I'm a trained cheerleader, just to let you know, she said giving me a snobby look.

-I didn't know you were a cheerleader sis. I'm happy for you. You've always wanted that, right?, I said giving her a friendly smile in order to quit our argument that would end with one of us really mad.

-Yup. I made it into the squad last year, she said standing really proud of herself.

I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her upside down to tickling her sides. She was trying to break free and begging for mercy when my friend Danny arrived. He had some leads with our new cases, besides Brian's, so I asked Jill to give us a time alone.

-But Steve... I wanna know about Brian, she complained giving me a pity look.

Crap, just what I needed.

-Jill come on. You know I can't let you dig into my work stuff. I'll tell you about it as soon as I finish talking with Danny, I said softly stroking both of her shoulders as I was looking into her eyes.

-Ok, she sighed nodding her head and reluctantly walked to her room. Probably to call Zeth... again.

I tilted my head for us to go to the kitchen to have more privacy. We had a few leads on our case against some drug dealers that were moving an incredible amount of coke through the island, and we might have the location of one of the potential suppliers. On top of that, we had nothing new about Brian's case. He attended again to his therapy group session that week and didn't use his passport to come here, so everything was fine.

By the time Danny left, Jill did too. She had this beach campfire or whatever with Zeth and his friends. Yes I finally made up my mind to let her go. I trusted they were nice kids, so I wasn't really that nervous about letting her go. Of course, once she crossed the frame of the front door, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I even considered to go there with my car and just see if she was ok, but Cath would kill me. She has this "no spying on your sister" policy. Luckily my girlfriend arrived just when I thought I'd go crazy in my own house, so I got distracted and didn't think much about what Jill was doing anymore.

We had together a nice early dinner that she made, despite my complaints about it. She was my guest, but she countered that when she's having dinner over her boyfriend's house she's not a guest. After that we laid down on the couch and watched a nextflix movie that she loves, one of those romantic ones. I didn't pay much attention to it, I must say. I just dedicated myself to comfort her with kisses and warm hugs whenever she cried, which was... yes, most part of the movie. I don't get those kind of things. Why would anyone like to cry that way and pay a couple bucks for it?

-Because it's a beautiful movie, she said to me, wiping her tears away and giving me a smile.

I laughed a little bit with her answer. It was a pretty entertaining movie, I must say, yet I couldn't see the point.

-As long as you enjoy it, I said turning my body around to cup hers in my arms, our hips together as I was gently grazing her thighs with my fingertips. She had the softest skin. It felt like silk running between my fingers.

As we were kissing, I took the chance to peek at the clock on my night table: 6.47 pm. Perfect. I told my sister to be here 7.30 pm at the latest, and I wasn't expecting her not a minute late but also not a minute earlier, so me and Cath had quite some time to spend with each other. I guess both of my sister and I need some privacy time to time, but I couldn't help but feeling worried whenever she's not on my sight. Of course, Cath made me quickly forget about it and enjoy myself. After all Jill should be capable of keeping herself safe for a couple hours.

Right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
4M 195K 101
โœ… "We always long for the forbidden things." ๐๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ฉ๐ข๐š๐ง ๐ง๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ โ†ฏ โš”๏ธŽ ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ แด€ษดแด… แด›แดกแด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดแด‡แด… โš”๏ธŽ ...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
11.4M 296K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...