Night Changes [N.H]

Autorstwa saluteperrie

When Alyssa Thomas goes off to college, she is left heartbroken after a messy breakup with her unfaithful ex... Więcej

Introduction & A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101/Epilogue

Chapter 87

6.6K 149 67
Autorstwa saluteperrie

Chapter 87

Like most times, it led me to a coffee shop.

The walk forced me to calm myself down and enjoy the fresh air. Well, as fresh as city air could be.

I found an empty table and began to feed an Owen a bottle before I wasn't the only one having a meltdown. 

As I fed Owen, I pulled out my phone. I knew it was a bad idea to do this as soon as I had calmed down, and I honestly couldn't tell you why I tortured myself like that, but I decided to go through various social medias. 

I wished I left when Zayn did. That boy knew what he was doing.

I began to feel anxious again, and I knew it was because I had known that all of this was going to happen, but I just thought it would be because of Niall and I. I was jealous, and I knew it was selfish. 

And if Niall and I had done this, at least we would've had the video and live stream to back us up. That was what would have really shown how in love we were with each other and Owen, and that there was no doubt that I had completed that pregnancy start to finish.

Now, there was no way to even tell if Louis and Briana were together romantically.

Yes, I got pregnant because of what was supposed to be a one-night stand just like Briana, but at least Niall and I made the effort to see each other. 

This, yet again, brought me back to thinking about all the cameras I avoided, risking my safety in the back of a truck, and there were pictures in existence with Louis and Briana. 

Owen just decided he was not having that bottle today and began screaming.

I felt so overwhelmed that I felt like I was about to scream too.

Now, I couldn't stay inside the coffee shop with him annoying all the customers, and got up to leave. 

This would be another problem that Louis wouldn't have to face.

I gathered my things, put the bottle back in the diaper bag, and pushed the stroller back outside onto the busy streets that would drown out the sound of Owen's cries. 

Just as I made my way down a street, I got a call from Niall. 

He was probably worried about me and I didn't blame him.

I reluctantly decided to answer his call.

"Hello," I said, swallowing my cry.

"Alyssa, where are you?" He asked. He had an anxious tone to his voice.

"I'm on my way back to the apartment right now," I said briefly and to the point. "We can talk there, don't worry about me."

"Is this about what I think it is?" He asked, not wanting to trigger me. I triggered anyway.

"If what you think it is is the fact that Louis is having a baby that I didn't know about and just ruined any chance we have at telling people the secret we've been hiding for over a year, then yes, it is."

Niall was quiet for a second. I couldn't tell if he was confused or exhausted of this constant circle of torture that we were always faced with.

"Lou told me you stormed off," he said. "Calm down. Do you need a ride? I'm almost back home."

"No, I'm fine," I said. "I'll see you soon." I impulsively hung up the phone. I had to remind myself that I didn't even know if Niall had something to do with this or not, and if he didn't, I had to stop being angry with him for no reason.

I was probably a solid half an hour walk from the apartment, but I didn't see myself getting there any other way. If I sat down in a cab I would probably start crying again, and I didn't feel like talking to Lou or anybody that had anything to do with One Direction. 

By the time I got to the apartment, Niall was already sitting on the couch in silence checking his phone.

I walked inside and took Owen out of the stroller and sat down across from Niall and tried to get Owen to finish his bottle.

My hands were shaking as I tried to adjust Owen's position in my lap.

"Let me take him," Niall said, reaching across to me. I took a deep breath and realized that was probably for the better.

I had to calm myself down enough to ask him the first question.

"Did you know anything about that?" I asked him in a quiet, yet controlled tone.

Niall shook his head. "The only thing I knew were the rumors we saw together," he said. "I've told you this before, but we don't talk as much as we used to."

"Even with something that big?" I asked in disbelief.

Niall shrugged. "I mean, we didn't discuss this, and I thought maybe you would know before I did."

"You would be the first person he would've told, assuming you're the only one who would understand," I sat further back into the seat and crossed my arms. "I just don't get it."

I began to rant again about all the thoughts I had earlier when I stormed off about how it wasn't fair that they had it so easy and that it ruined everything for us.

"Do you realize how selfish you sound?" He asked me.

My heart fell in my chest. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"This isn't about us at all," he said. "This is about Louis and Briana. They're not even in a relationship and barley even see each other and now the entire public knows."

I could feel my heart beat begin to pick up again. "Of course you wouldn't understand!" I responded. "You weren't the one carrying the fucking baby and giving up your life just to avoid every camera and be without the one person you love for so long!"

Niall's face fell. "Actually, a lot of that is true," he said. "I don't know how you could even say that."

I shook my head. "All I want is for one moment that all the attention can finally be on us and we can start living our lives normally, but it's never going to happen if things like this keep popping up."

"We are never going to be able to live our lives normally!" Niall replied, raising his eyebrows. "I thought you knew that! Shit happens and we just have to keep going and know that things aren't always about us."

"Things have never been about us! They were about to be and then Briana has to go get pregnant from Louis. It's probably not even Louis' baby."

"What is wrong with you?" Niall asked, his eyes growing narrower. "Why are you talking like this? You were just in this position."

"No, I was never lucky enough to actually show off my pregnancy!"

"Have you been online? Do you see how much hate she's getting? It's not her fault and it's not Louis' fault either. This was all meant to be private." Niall switched Owen's position to his other arm.

"Maybe she wouldn't be getting this much hate if she actually planned everything out for a year and made a video showing that she cares about her family," I shot back, my hand was grasping the end of the chair.

"Who said she doesn't care about her family?" He responded. "I think you really just need to give her a call and stop assuming you know everything about her."

I shook my head again. "Why would I want to do that? I don't trust her."

"Alyssa, I thought you of all people would be able to relate to being in this position."

"I was being smart and kept everything hidden. Nobody even knows that you have a girlfriend. Louis and Briana have taken a completely different route, and it was their choice, so I can't help them with that," I crossed my arms.

"Why are you acting like this?"

"What if I did decide to call? What would I say? 'Hi this is Niall's girlfriend Alyssa and I recently gave birth to his son and Owen and I see you happen to be in the same position. Do you want any help?" I had gotten out of my seat and began to pace back and forth.

"Maybe that's exactly what you need to say," Niall said. "We were going to tell everybody anyway, and if you can help her by doing so, you should."

"What's the point?" I asked, putting my hands in the air.

All of our arguing must have taken it's toll on Owen, because he hadn't eaten any more from his bottle and was starting to cry again.

"I'm going to go put him down so he doesn't have to hear us yell anymore, and when I get back, I hope you have more of an open mind," Niall said, standing up.

I shut my eyes because I couldn't watch him leave. He walked right past me, brushing my side.

Once I couldn't hear any of his footsteps, I sat back down on the couch and broke down into tears. 

I always got impulsive when I was angry and ended up regretting half the things I've said.

I was so lucky to have Niall, who didn't raise his voice at me once while I was screaming at him, and how he always puts up with me.

Why did I always do this?

It was time for me to grow up. I was twenty, had a boyfriend and a son, I had to stop acting like this. 

But I still couldn't help but feel like all my pain was invalidated. I was still going to get what I wanted, even if it was going to be later than I thought.

Niall gave me a solid ten minutes to cool off, and I felt a lot better after releasing my emotions in that rant. 

"I'm sorry Niall," I said when he walked out from the hallway. "I shouldn't have said any of those things but I just couldn't control myself."

Niall licked his lips and came to sit down next to me on the couch. He put his arm around me and looked into my eyes, sparkling with left over tears. 

"It's all okay," he said. "I know how overwhelmed you must feel." He pulled me closer into him.

"How did I get so lucky to have you?" I asked, nuzzling into his chest."

"We put up with each other," he said. We both laughed. 

"Now, I hate to ruin your temporary calmness, but I still think you should give Briana a call," he said, looking down at me. "It's the least you can do."

I took a deep breath. "Can I just lay here and listen to your heartbeat for the rest of my life?" I asked. 

Niall didn't respond, but he put a hand on my back.

"I guess I should eventually," I sighed, sitting up straight. "Have you talked to Louis at all?" 

"No," Niall responded. "It was a madhouse after we got offstage. But I have to talk to him eventually too."

"I'm surprised he hasn't approached you," I wondered. 

"Me too."

A/N

update ((((:

I read every comment and I'm glad to see what you think of the situation!! Please keep voting and commenting!! Thank you 

X

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

9.6K 383 29
Niall starts a group chat and everything comes into the light Hearts get broken... Hearts get mended...
518 6 1
Dating One Direction; All five members of One Direction are head over heels for Kim who is looking for love again after a tragic loss of her fiance...
26.1K 264 13
When Alyssa goes to a meet and greet for her favorite band, One Direction, she gets a surprise of a lifetime, as well as finds the love of her life.
297 1 35
Savannah is trying to get through her junior year of college navigating between stressful classes, plans for after graduation and more important gett...