He Doesn't Do "Love"

By 0urLittleSecret

Bad boys don't do "love" and Brett Adam Dallas isn't an exception. His name literally spells B.A.D. He uses g... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 24

1.3K 40 3
By 0urLittleSecret

Avery's POV:

"What's with the leather?" Jase teases as I walk up next to him in the halls. The quiz went fairly bad considering I was spacing out the whole time but at least I didn't get a zero.

"Long story..." I sigh as we push open the double doors to the cafeteria, the smell of processed meat punching me in the face.

"Wait... Is that...Brett's jacket?" Jase asks suspiciously as we sit at the usual table and he sends me a weary glare.

I stay silent and he obviously takes that as a yes. "What's with you two?" He asks.

"Nothing." I say looking up at him with an honest smile.

"I still can't believe he tried to ask you to the dance." Jase grumbles as he unwraps a slice of cold vegan pizza.

"Well you know I turned him down." I say as I pull out a bag of chips and a brownie, I'm the image of health.

"Hey guys." Parker greets as he sits down, the rest of the boys follow soon after.

Turns out teachers don't take fondly to nap time so Vi won't be joining me for lunch today, I'm going it alone. At a table of boys, joy.

--

"I swear my costume will be cooler than yours." Owen promises Brett who have been non stop arguing about the impending childish Holiday that is Halloween.

"Speaking of Halloween," Jase interrupts as he takes a swig of my water, "wanna go with me to the dance?" He asks nonchalantly and I can't help but smile.

I lean over and quickly kiss him on the cheek. "I'd love to." I'm not one for the gooey proposals for dances, especially since Jase and I are already dating, personally the way he did it was perfect.

The rest of the boys start wiggling their eyebrows and making childish sounds like the five year olds they are. Well all of them but Brett, he was just glaring at Jase emptily.

He soon snapped out of his weird stare when Maddie plopped herself down on Brett's lap.

"Maddie, go with me to the Halloween dance?" Brett asks casually as her face lights up and she squeals causing us all to cringe.

"Oh BRETTY!!" She swoons and she wraps her arms around him and starts kissing his face leaving bright red lipstick stains all over his face.

I don't know why but seeing him take this moment that was special for me and doing the same with Maddie just drives me up the wall. I don't know if it's the fact that he asked Maddie or he did it right after Jase asked me but this feeling of anger and jealously swept over me.

No matter how much of a slut she is he doesn't have to be rude about asking her to the dance like be at least a tad bit gentlemanly.

He's such an asshole. I can't stand being with them while she talks sweet to him and sucks his face. I grab my trash and get up pecking Jase on the cheek and leaving, the bells going to ring soon anyways.

Brett's POV:

"Speaking of Halloween," the vegan douche piped on Owen and my very heated costume debate, "wanna go with me to the dance?" He turns to Avery casually as if asking for a quarter for the vending machine.

What an ass, he can't even do some sweet gesture to ask her he just has to be blunt boring about it.

"I'd love to." Avery leans in and kisses him and I almost choke, how could she be so happy about him asking her like that. If she had any sense she turn him down.

I felt the anger bubble up in me, even after I told her that Jase was as fake as a ken doll she still chooses to be with him and it infuriates me. That dick wad is player her and she has no idea.

I guess I was staring at Jase since when I snapped out of my thoughts Maddie was sitting on my lap. An idea came to mind.

You like guys who are rude assholes Avery? Well let show you exactly what you're getting.

I decide to do exactly what Jase did. " Maddie go with me to the Halloween dance?" I ask dryly not even looking up at her trying to be as rude and heartless as possible.

"Oh BRETTY! I'd love to!" She screams with a ear splitting squeal as she kisses me insanely. I know for a fact that there will be red messy lipstick stains all over my face by the end of lunch. Great.

I notice Avery's eyes get darker and she crumples up her trash and leaves after pecking Jase on the cheek, mission accomplished.

She's as pissed as ever and I hope I can get through to her about how bad a guy Jase really is.

---

Avery's POV:

I exit the cafeteria and walk off o my locker just trying to cool myself down.

The farther away from that room I get, more I begin to realize that, yeah it was a douche move Brett pulled but I couldn't blame him, the dance was at the end of the week.

I guess that maybe slightly, I was mildly over reacting just a little?

I couldn't even really be mad anymore because if anything Brett's punishment for being an asshole are those nasty red kiss marks left all over his face.

That won't do much good for his bad boy reputation now would it?

I'm laughing to myself about it as the bell rings telling us lunch is over. I didn't even make it to my locker, even though I don't quite care considering there was actual no reason for me to be over there before class.

It's strange really, watching all the kids file out of the two double doors into the hallways. It feel strangely like the release of caged animals. Fuck, no ok that's weird, my mind need to shut up now.

"Shit." A shoulder slams into me turning me completely around, I guess I had stopped walking. I look up to see who just rammed my arm ready to verbally murder them. All anger vanishes when I see the hilariousness that is Brett's face.

It looks like a four year old took lipstick in place of a crayon and started coloring on his face.

"What?" He asks me with a puzzling look waving his hands in front of my face. Was I staring? Stop getting lost in you head Avery.

"Oh god- your face!" I bust up laughing bending over with my hands on my knees.

"Is it that bad?" He asks miserably giving me a pained look and I can't help but laugh at how dumb he looks.

"Afraid so." I state mater of factly.

He sighs deeply than pulls up the bottom corner of his shirt to try and wipe it away. I can't help but let my eyes travel to the corner of his v-line that's showing, Im a girl, it's practically taboo not to.

His attempts to clear it just made it look like paint smudges. I decide to be nice for once in my life and open my bag to dig for my make up wipes.

After searching the empty void I call a bag I find them and hand Brett one.

"What is this?" He asks with a disgusted look on his face as he hold the damp little cloth.

"Let me do it you dummy." I laugh and take the wipe from him, gently rubbing the red away. I could feel him looking at me but my eyes stayed focused on the stains.

"There, all clean." I say and throw the now pink wipe at his chest and be let out a relieved sigh as the warning bell rings.

"Thanks princess's, you're a life saver. I owe you one." He says with a smirk as we both walk in opposite directions.

I wave him off over my shoulder and head to class.

-----//----//-----

Hi guys so I made this chapter a little longer hope it wasn't too choppy for you and I'm really sorry updates have been slow, I'm trying to get faster I swear!

Thank you to everyone who votes and comments they mean so much and give me more motivation to write!

One last thing, I know it's already chapter thirty something but I'm not even close to finished and I'm sorry if it's too long but I just have an elaborate idea so I'm sorry if it's been boring. :/

I hope you like it though.

Love you all for the support and dedication.
-Z

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 40.2K 47
"Nolan..." I say as his lips meet my neck. He gently kisses up and down my neck. "Stop." I say. "You're not my boyfriend, stop acting like it." "Oh k...
280K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...
109K 2.1K 21
"Nobody can find out how wet I make your pussy, Is that what you're saying?" "I don't even know you for gods sake." He laughed, "Maybe not but you wa...
1.5M 35K 50
"I...I...was just....."I stuttered and he grabbed my jaws with his thumb and index finger,squeezing my cheeks. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."H...