BrEakOut ThE RuLEz Spanking S...

By Psparkle022

Lieutenant commandant Steve McGarrett is the current leader of the well known Hawaii 5-0 task force, dedicate... More

Introducing BTR
Chapter 1: How it all began
Chapter 2: Parenting duties Pt.1
Chapter 2: Parenting duties Pt.2
Chapter 3: The calm before the storm
Chapter 4: Not my daughter but my sister
Chapter 5: The mysterious texts
Chapter 6: How far would you go?
Chapter 7: Dangerous roads
Chapter 8: Paying the price
Chapter 9: Putting the mess behind
Chapter 11: Life adjustments
Chapter 12: Dealing with the problem
Chapter 13: It won't lead you anywhere good
Chapter 14: Catching waves and earning a date
Chapter 15: Hiding secrets
Chapter 16: A short walk on the beach
Chapter 17: Opening up
Chapter 18: Early mornings
Chapter 19: First date
Chapter 20: First encounter
Chapter 21: One of many fears
Chapter 22: Broken trust
Chapter 23: Facing fears and a first wave
Chapter 24: That guy
Chapter 25: The boat trip
Chapter 26: Being a guardian
Chapter 27: The threat
Chapter 28: Being sick
Chapter 29: The one in charge
Chapter 30: An outfit change
Chapter 31: Occupational hazards
Chapter 32: A reckless moment
Chapter 33: Life changes
Chapter 34: Not going back
Chapter 35: Please don't leave me
Chapter 36: Without her
Chapter 37: The settle
Chapter 38: The trial
Chapter 39: Breaking point
Chapter 40: My babygirl
Chapter 41: The final countdown
Epilogue

Chapter 10: Friend or foe

8K 99 13
By Psparkle022

Brother, wake up!, I suddenly heard inside my dream. It seemed like a tiny, tiny voice. Maybe a little elf or a fairy. I was in the middle of a multicolor, full of glitter forest. Steven wake up! Where was that little thing hidden? I laid on the pink grass of the place, looking at the sky. Maybe that thing was flying on the sky, so I couldn't see it. Steve?

I opened my eyes and found Jill on top of me, shaking my shoulders with her little hands. I grabbed her wrists to stop the shaking and looked at her. Here it was the tiny voice owner.-Hold on Jill, what's the hurry?, I asked greeting her with a huge yaw and she frowned at me. Oh great, I was in trouble apparently. What did I do now?

-You scared me Steven. I've been yelling at you for the last five minutes and you didn't even move. I couldn't wake you up, she said folding her arms. I was trapped between her knees and she was sitting on my stomach, but I could barely feel her weight over me. Seriously, this kid needs to eat a lot more or she's gonna disappear anytime.

-I'm sorry kiddo, I didn't hear you. I guess I was deep asleep, I said caressing her hair, trying to get a smile from her, but she was still staring down at me. What was her problem? Too early to puzzles sis.

-Just that? You're sorry? Yeah you're sorry, but you scared the hell out of me Steven. Don't you ever do that to me again, she said folding her arms against her chest and talking sternly to me, just like I do to her. After that she couldn't help but laughing.

-Oh now we're funny, are we?, I said tickling her belly immediately bringing a smile to her lips, And watch your mouth next time you're joking, clear?, I said turning to my stern roll. But it didn't have much use at this point. After all, me half asleep laid on my bed wasn't a very scary image.

-Yes sir, but in my defense, you did actually scare me. What were you dreaming exactly?, she said laying next to me again.

-Would you believe me if I tell you that I can't remember?, I said closing my eyes again, trying to go back to my unusual dream, almost falling asleep again until Jill shook my shoulder again. Ugh, please just a minute. I felt my head very heavy, and I needed to rest.

-Steven! You have to get up. I wanna go surfing now your case is closed, she said opening my eye with her thumb and looking at me. I looked at her playfully annoyed.

-Let me go back to my sweet dream or else I'm gonna spank you Jill, I barked turning my back on her, inside laughing. I knew I was provoking a fight, but it was just too funny. Plus I haven't slept well in days thinking about our case, so I wasn't in the mood for a rough wake up and I had this freaking headache that was just killing me. My entire body hurt and I needed five more minutes. Just five more minutes...

-I dare you, she said shaking my body again and climbing upon me .

-You do?, I said smiling teasingly to her while grabbing Jill's little wrists. She instantly gave me a widen eyes look and started to struggle.

-You aren't serious, are you?, she said almost buying the whole thing until I laughed, C'mon seriously Steve. I wanna go out, I wanna know Hawaii, I wanna see Danny...

-You wanna see Danny?, I asked amused by the situation. Couldn't be my little sister had a crush in a 27 years old married guy. MY best friend and besides... what does she sees in Danny? He's not exactly the handsome, goodlooking type nor the smartest people in world (coughs) like me. Jill cleared her throat frowning at me.

-...daughter. Danny's daughter. If you'd ever let me finish a simple sentence...

-I do!... ok, you're right. Sorry, I said smiling to her and she smiled me back.-I guess I forgive you, but it's gonna cost you a kiss and a trip to the mall, she said turning her face so I gave her a kiss on her cheek.

-You got the kiss. The trip to the mall.... yeah I don't think so. You're three times grounded, that would be like.... I don't know, five years?, I said getting up from the bed.

-Five years? Yeah right Steven, I'll be back in Boston in three months so..., she said before suddenly interrupting herself with an unusual silent.

In that moment I realized that I wouldn't see her again after this three months, at least for a long, long time. And everything would be back to "normal". I didn't want my normal life, I wanted my sister with me. Even if that means to yell, to worry, to punish her. It also includes having breakfast together and share my Cheerios addiction, laughs, water and tickles fights, jokes... and she was a very sweet girl, when she's not in the middle of a tantrum. Besides she was happy here, much happier than back home in Boston. And the simple thought of mom allowing her to date 20 years old drunk guys, to drink, to go out at 3 am... in the end. Lots of bad stuff I didn't want for her and obviously she didn't want either. But there was nothing I could do. Mom was her legal guardian, like it or not.

-What has you so concerned brother?, she asked looking at me still laid on the bed. I meet her look, standing on the other side of the room. To lie or not to lie? That is the question.

-Same thing as you, I answered quickly. Good one Steven. This thing of being a cop has you alert and with very quick answers.

-Let's drop it here, ok? I want something to eat. I'm starving!, she said getting up and heading to the kitchen.

I followed her, trying to think what could we have for breakfast. I didn't want to fill her stomach with Cheerios only. But she was faster than me and was already grabbing the box and the bowls. I smiled in surrender and went to the fridge to grab some milk.

-You're taking advantage of my Cheerio's addiction, I said giving her a playful disapproval look.

-Are you saying you rather a healthy breakfast instead of these sweet cereals Steven?, she asked shaking the box, raising an eyebrow in clear disbelief .

-Now way that's what I'm saying, I countered laughing, It's just that I'm a little bit concerned about your health.

-Yeah I know. I look like a cow but I can get on a diet later, she said pouring milk over her cereal and taking a seat over the counter. Only that, when her vulnerable bum touched the counter, her face contracted in pain, Oh man, it hurts!

-Oh don't say, I told her inside laughing. Not that was a laughing matter, but her face was just hilarious, Please tell me you were joking Jill.

-Are you kidding? It does hurt, she said spooning cereal into her mouth. Yeah right, avoid the subject whenever you want sis.

-I mean about what you said before, I said and she gave me a what-are-you-talking-about look. I sighed in frustration, About you being a cow Jillian.

-Oh that, she said with a nervous smile, Well no, I wasn't. I'm eating too many calories these days...

-I'm sorry I'm interrupting you AGAIN but what you're saying is so silly that I don't wanna hear it. And you're not allowed to think that way Jill. You look great and, in fact, I think I should add more healthy carbohydrates to your diet. You're gonna disappear any day.

-Don't try to make me feel better Steven. I know reality. I have a mirror in my bedroom, she said quite annoyed. Hell no. I'm not gonna let those kind of ideas grow in her head.

-Jill please don't piss me off so early. I tell you, you look fine. A little bit too thin, so you have to eat more. Anyway, you're eating whatever I put on your plate so..., I said more to calm me down than her. I knew Jill couldn't just stop eating, not as long as she's living under this roof.

-Fine, I believe you. Just because you cook extra delicious, she said smiling to me. So she thinks I'm a great cooker? Must be the first one. Even my girlfriend mocks of me time to time.

-Wow, thanks sis. I appreciate the compliment, I said smiling back to her. I actually think my cook sucks, but if she think it's great.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone once again. Oh please, don't be work, don't be work, don't be work...

-Aren't you gonna get that?, Jill said looking at me. I quickly picked up the phone and heard her sweet voice on the other side.

-Hi baby. Hope I'm not interrupting your case or anything, Cath said. God, I've missed her so much. These days have been awful without her. I needed to chose my words carefully, because Jill was right there and I didn't want to answer lots and lots of her questions.

-Hey, how you're doing? I'm sorry I haven't called you recently. I had the worst case ever and everything became complicated, I said trying to sound casual but sweet with her. I didn't want Cath to think that I wasn't interested in our conversation, but to tell you the truth, my life has been under so many changes that I completely forgot about her. Totally unfair for a girl like her, I know.

-I know. You work so hard Steve. Don't you worry, I can completely understand, she said next. I could guess a smile on her cute face, because she always has one.

-Listen, if you are done with it, we can have lunch together. I have a few hours free and I'd love to share that time with you.

-Sure, that sounds great. If you don't mind, I'll take my sister with us. I really want you two to meet, I said smiling to the phone like a stupid person. Fortunately, Jill wasn't looking this way. She was too busy eating her cereal. Of course, you never know with her.

-Sounds perfect. I'm so excited about meeting your sister. You talk so much about her that I can't wait, she said happily. If Jill's nice to her, I'm sure these two are gonna be great friends. And fortunately, Cath is actually good company. Not like Danny and his weird wit.

-I'm sure she wants to meet you too. I'll see you later. Bye love, I said quickly and hanged up the phone.I turned my back on Jill and ran to my bedroom. I really, REALLY wanted to take a nap before my lunch with Cath. Besides, I was hoping that she wouldn't follow me. Not only she did, but she climbed upon me again and started jumping. This couldn't be real. This was another nightmare.

-Jill, stop! Please, I need to sleep, I said getting upset now.I just wanted a quiet and peaceful moment. I hadn't had one since she arrived, between my case and nightmares. I'm so glad I don't have them anymore. Maybe my subconscious was sort of warning me about Brian hurting Jill. I should pay more attention to those in the near future.

-No way! I want you up in this barely second Steven McGarrett, she said still jumping on me.I'm gonna kill this kid for sure. Or maybe give her some pills, so she'd sleep for a couple hours. Nah, you can't do that Steve. You could lose your badge for that, and it's probably illegal.

-Ok, ok, FINE. I'm up. Now stop jumping please, I said sitting on the bed and rubbing my face. I needed a shot of caffeine. Lot's of shots of caffeine to survive to Jillian's energy, thing that could quickly be arranged.

-So what time are we having lunch with your girl Catherine?, she suddenly asked and I looked at her confused, caught by surprise, Oh please Steve. Not only you suck at lying to me, I also heard you saying "Bye love" and I could listen to her talking on the other side of the phone... So you talk a lot about me bro?, she added with a smirk.

-Listening to other people's conversation is not right Jill, I said trying to erase the smirk on her face, thing that didn't happen by the way, Yes we're having lunch with her, but she didn't say a time. She'll let me know when she's available. I'm just gonna ask you for one thing. Please, please, please be nice with her Jill. I know that you're a jealous beast, but please control yourself.

-I got it Steven. I'm not gonna screw it up. She actually sounds like a nice person, she said shrugging her shoulders and looking away. She's such a drama queen.

-I'm not saying you're gonna screw it up. I'm telling you to treat her nice and politely. If you don't like her, that's fine. I just don't want you to be disrespectful to her, ok?, I said looking at her sweet but stern. My sister is a very jealous person, and she can get a little bit out of control if she feels somehow invaded.

-Ok, she said snuggling into my chest and looking up to meet my eyes, But what if she doesn't like me?

-I'm sure she will..., I started to say but she interrupted me.

-But if she doesn't, she insisted, What are you gonna do?

-I guess that's fine too Jill. I mean, my life would be much easier if you like each other, but if you don't, then you don't. There's nothing I can do about it, I said not understanding her question fully, like usual. Jill's mind is a little bit twisted. She makes lots of rhetoric and hypothetical questions till she gets the piece of information she was looking for. That small evil mind could be of use for the police force... Yeah, remember me to get those thoughts far away removed from her head. Last thing I want on earth is my little sister in the force.

-And if she makes you choose?, she said raising an eyebrow to me. Oh great, this is just one of her little jealousy games. I really, really hate them. She knew Cath wouldn't make me choose, but she wants me to tell her that I'll always pick her. Not that it's not the case, because I wouldn't leave my sister for a girl, but there's no need to.

-I don't know Jill. Ask me when she does, ok?, I said getting a little bit tired of all this interrogatory.

She laid on the bed, turning her back on me, clear sign of her being pissed off at me. Great, just what I needed. I laid next to her caressing her hair to get her attention.

-If you're worried about her between us, forget about it. She's not that kind of person, and I wouldn't allow it anyway, I said whispering to her ear.She turned her face and smiled to me, apparently satisfied with my answer. I could perfectly understand why she was asking me, but the truth was that I wasn't gonna let anyone to get between my sister and I. Fortunately Cath's an awesome person, and definitely not a jealous one. Besides, it sounds a little bit silly to be jealous of your bf's 13 years old sister.

Jill took her time to fix her makeup and outfit. I really didn't get why it was so important to look so perfect. I mean, she wasn't the one seeing her date in less than 10 minutes, after spending like a week apart. Cath had already sent me a text saying that she was waiting for us in a special place. I knew where it was. A small restaurant that I took her on our first date. It was a lovely, small and homey place. My favorite here in Hawaii, since I was 15. I think Danny and I worked there for a short period of time when we were younger. I literally pulled Jill out of the bathroom and put her into the car, otherwise we were gonna be at least an hour late. I was sure she made it on purpose, yet I didn't say a thing.

I parked a few yards away from our meeting spot and walked there impatient. I really was looking for Cath's reaction: angry, for me not having time for her. Maybe sad, because she realizes she doesn't deserve to be with a guy like me, but something better. If you ask me, I was just wishing she'd be happy to see me, despite all the crap I just mentioned. I saw her standing outside the restaurant, her eyes on her phone. As soon as I got there, she lifted her look to meet my eyes, and any fear just... disappeared.

-Hey! Just when I thought you were never gonna show up, Cath said with a huge smile. She's so beautiful, and let's face it people, she's incredibly hot. What? I'm a man after all.

-Hi baby. Yeah, I know I'm fashionably late, I said giving her a kiss.

I've missed her lips so much. I hadn't seen her for like two weeks. It's been torture for both of us, and I knew she deserves someone better than me. With my job and now my sister I don't have time for her at all.

-Get a room, Jill suddenly said not so low.

I turned my face to frown her and Cath immediately started laughing. That was a close one. Thank God Cath has a good sense of humor and a good attitude for everything. If Jill thinks she's gonna beat her down that way, she better think again.

-She's exactly as you described her, she said pushing me to back off a little bit, Nice to meet you Jill. I'm Catherine, she said to my sister. I was nervous about what was gonna happen. Please sister, don't drop an attitude just now. I beg you.

-Nice to meet you too, she said smiling to Cath. Thank god! Maybe I was worried about anything. Jill seemed to like her, and I knew my girl was gonna love my little sis. Everything was fine, so why I was so tense?

-So what do you say guys if we go have lunch to the beach. I want to think that your brother already showed you the beach, she said looking at Jill with a warm smile and a weird bright in her eyes.

A little bit unusual in my dates. Usually, when I mention my sister on my dates, they change the subject or say "siblings are the worst plague". I admit sometimes they can cause you a very strong headache, like when they run away to their drunk boyfriend's car and try to get themselves killed but... honestly, a simple hug from them are the best reward for all the effort.

-Not really. We went once, but that's it, she answered a little bit coldly but respectfully.

-Well I'm sure you'll have the opportunity later. For now I'm just starving. C'mon Stevie, I'm hungry, she said pulling me by my arm.

Jill's face was priceless. I gave her a "I beg you" look so she forced a smile to Cath. Oh man, just when I thought everything was going great. I was gonna have to give huge explanations once we get home. For the moment, that didn't matter. I was with my favorite two girls, having a peaceful lunch.

-Well she's nice, Jill said to me barely we got home, Still she can talk a whole lot. Kind of annoying, to tell you the truth.

-You have to consider that we haven't seen each other for more than two weeks. She's very comprehensive at least, I said trying to avoid the conversation. I took the decision that maybe it was better for all of us not to hang out with both of them. I don't think Jill's ready for that, and neither I was.

-Yes, I'm able to see she's a great girl Stevie, she said frowning at me, pointing to my nickname. The nickname that she gave me when she was just three years old. Something kinda special to her, and something that I may not have said to my girlfriend, since she calls me like that now. Ok, she wins there, unfortunately.

-C'mon Jill, can't she call me like that? It's just a name, I said not giving importance to the matter. That seemed to make her even angrier. Great Steven, you suck at this.

-No she cannot!, she finally exploded, That's how I call you, not HER..., she said starting a tantrum. Ok Jillian, time out.

-Hey, hey, chill out sis, I said wrapping my arms around her, tight enough for her mouth to be against my chest, so she couldn't keep on yelling, You don't like her. Got it. Just calm down a little bit, ok? You're gonna have a heart attack.

-Ok, but let me go. I can barely breathe here Steve!, I heard her mumbling. I gave her a smirk, tilting my head down.

-You're not gonna keep yelling?, I said looking at her. She shook her head and I let her go. Jill started overreacting, faking her fast breathing, her eyes widen.

-I almost pass out there, she said still joking, faking a fainting. I caught her with my arms and lifted her, holding her tiny body against my chest.

-You're gonna be a great actress some day sis, I said smiling to her and stroking her cheek. I put her down on the ground.

-Yeah well... just for the record, I do like her. I just... don't like her to call you that way. It creeps me out, she said sitting on the couch, her arms wrapped around her knees. I sat down next to her with a smile on my lips.

-You never know when work can show up again, so what if we delay your jealousy talk for later sis?, I said patting her shoulder and getting up quickly followed to the front door for my sister.

-Jealous? About what?, she said and I turned my head, raising my eyebrows to her.

I just laughed and opened the front door for her. I was thinking about taking her to sightseeing, but she was more than interested on her surfing lessons. She wasn't gonna let me forget about that any time soon. Not that I mind. I love surfing, and spending time with my sister. It was just that I was a little bit afraid of letting her go into the sea. I mean, she hasn't prove to be a responsible person after all. Anything could happen, so I had to remain close to her as much as I could.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
22.5M 790K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
190M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...