Moving On

By candyaple101

Stacey is 15 turning 16 when she discovers a secret that turns her life around. She is forced to move from su... More

Moving On
Moving On [2]
Moving on [3]
Moving On [4]
Moving On [5]
Moving On [6]
Moving On [7]
Moving On [8]
Moving On [9]
Moving On [10]
Moving On [11]
Moving On [12]
Moving On [13]
Moving On [14]
Moving On [15]
Moving On [16]
Moving On [17]
Moving On [18]
Moving On [19]
Moving On [20]
Moving On [21]
Moving On[22]
Moving On [23]
Moving On [24]
Moving On [25]
Moving On [26]
Moving On [27]
Moving On [28]
Moving On [29]
Moving On [30]
Moving On[31]
Moving On [32]
Moving On [33]
Moving On [34]
Moving On [35]
Moving On [36]
Moving On [37]
Moving On [38]
Moving On [39]
Moving On [40]
Moving On [41]
Moving On [43]
Moving On [44]
Moving On [45]
Moving On [46]
Moving On [47]
Moving On [48]
Moving On [49]
Moving On [50]
Moving On [51]
Moving On [52]
Moving On [53]
Moving On [54]
Moving On [55] Part 1
Moving On [55] Part 2
Moving On [56]
Moving On - The end
Moving On- Epilogue

Moving On [42]

1K 10 0
By candyaple101

Chapter 42

Good Morning Baltimore!!

Yep,that was my new alarm. I got super inspired yesterday. I had practiced for 3 hours and I felt more ready then ever. I took a quick shower and looked at through my closet.

Since I was in such a kick ass mood, I needed a kick ass outfit to match. I decided on a pair of gray wedges with a low heel. I decided on a pair of black skinny jeans and black and gray off the shoulder top.

I curled my hair and left it down. I put on a little eyeliner and looked at myself in the mirror. When I was satisfied I walked downstairs with all of my stuff.

"You look pretty." Kat complimented me.

"You look happy." I said.

She really did, she was practically glowing.

"I am."

"Because of Drew." I said.

She nodded, turning a little pink.

"Well, I can take you to school today." She said grabbing her keys.

"Cool."

She drove me to school and again people asked me if she was my sister.

"Thanks Kat." I said.

During school all I could think about what was the auditions. Luckily it was already math. I tapped my pencil against the desk for every second that passed.

Soon someone grabbed my pencil and snapped it in half.

"What the hell Seth!" I whisper yelled.

"Your tapping was annoying me." He said smoothly.

I got another pencil and started tapping louder. He groaned.

"Stacey, since you like talking so much maybe you would like to explain this problem." Mr.Hudson called me out.

I looked at the board and I kind of understood it.

"Ummm..."

Seth inched his paper towards me slowly so that Mr.Hudson couldn't see.

"Umm you make a substitution, solve for the new variable and solve for the original variable?" I ended it like a question.

"Yes, just pay attention." He scolded me.

I sighed and leaned back in my chair.

"Your welcome." He said.

"Nope."

"But--"

"You broke my pencil, so I'm not talking to you."

"You're going to have to talk to me tonight."

"For what?"

"Tutoring." He smirked.

"Fine, I'm only talking to you then."

I ignored him for the rest of the period. I could tell it was bothering him, it was funny. When the bell rang, I gathered all my stuff and walked out of the classroom.

"Hey Stacey!" I turned around and Widmaier was there.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Can you come over tomorrow and help me pick out an outfit for Friday?" She asked.

"Yeah but I'll have to go after auditions tomorrow." I said.

"That's fine. Ok gotta go bye. Thanks." She said walking the opposite way.

I walked to my locker and put all my stuff in it. When I got to the auditions Ms.A was playing Good Morning Baltimore. I was so excited.

"Alright let's start now. Will Vanessa Dess, Leroy Parker, Sandra Walker, and Danny Ion, please come up onto the stage?" Ms.A asked.

"Wish me luck." Vanny said.

"Luck." We all said. Once they were all up onto the stage Ms.A started talking.

"Vanessa, you can be Inez, Leroy you can be Seaweed, and Sandra and Danny you guys will be detention kids. Please sing Run and Tell That." Ms.a said.

The song started just when the doors opened. It was Nate. Nate did plays too? We made eye contact but I broke it.

They started the song again and Leroy was an AMAZING singer. I knew he was only the first of the guys to play Seaweed but I already think he got it. When they got to Inez's part, Vanny sounded and looked perfect for the role. With costumes and what not she would look exactly like her.

When the song was over everyone clapped loudly. Vanny came back to us and we all complimented her singing.

They called up all of my friends for group songs and they all did really well. I was worried about why they hadn't called me yet.

"Now we will start single auditions. Single auditions take place in the room over there with Mr.Jay." Ms.A said.

"First up, is Kelly." She said.

As Kelly auditioned we could hear her belting out Good Morning Baltimore. From the sounds of it, she was really good. I was shaking in my wedges.

My phone vibrated in my bag. I pulled it out and it was a text message from Dan.

Hey gurlll :))- Dan sent.

Hey, aren't you still in school?-Me

Yeah, but you know me, I don't care.

Mhmmm so how's it going?

Great how about you?

I'm actually at auditions for the play here. Hairspray.

Oh shizzle you'll definetly get watevr part you want. Good luck.

Thxxx tell everyone I say heyyyy

Ok, l8r.

"Up next is Seth!" Ms.A said.

Seth got up and went to the room looking cool, calm, and collected while I was practically going crazy with anticipation.

After an hour I still hadn't been called in for single auditions. Maybe they forgot about me. Maybe they didn't like me. Or maybe they--

"Stacey!" Ms.A called my name.

Finally, I thought. I walked into the room and there was the man. He was wearing a black and gray striped shirt with a long red scarf tied fiercely around his neck. He was wearing black skinny jeans and black vans.

"Why hello Stacey." He said.

"Hi Mr.Jay." I said.

"Alright let's get this over with. I would like you to sing two songs for me. I Can Hear the Bells and Good Morning Baltimore."

"Ok." I said.

I hoped all that practicing payed off.

"I'm ready when you are." He said.

"I'm ready."

When the I Can Hear The Bells began I tried to imagine singing about Shane. As I was singing I was remembering the good times we had back in Los Angeles. As I was singing, my mind wandered off to the thoughts of another guy. Seth.

The song was getting to the more intense parts now so I really had to focus on the notes but Seth kept invading my mind. When the song was over I looked at Mr.Jay.

He just looked at me, blinked, and asked me if I was ready for the next song. I took that as a bad sign. I probably was thinking to much and my singing was probably awful.

He started playing Good Morning Baltimore and I was determined to win him over this time.

I tried my hardest this time, only thinking about the song and having fun with it. When I was finished I looked at him and his face was expressionless. Oh my god was I that bad?

"Actually, before you leave can you sing a little of Can't Stop The Beat?" He asked.

"Sure."

Can't Stop The Beat was I actually my favorite song in the whole movie. I only thought about having fun with this one.

You cant stop an avalanche

As it races down the hill

You can try to stop the seasons, girl

But ya know you never will

And you can try to stop my dancin' feet

But i just cannot stand still

'Cause the world keeps spinning

'Round and 'round

And my heart's keeping time

To the speed of sound

I was lost til i heard the drums

Then i found my way

'Cause you can't stop the beat

Ever since this old world began

A woman found out if she shook it

She could shake up a man

And so i'm gonna shake and shimmy it

The best that i can today

'Cause you cant stop

The motion of the ocean

Or the sun in the sky

You can wonder if you wanna

But i never ask why

And if you try to hold me down

I'm gonna spit in your eye and say

That you cant stop the beat!

Mr.Jay stopped me there since the other part was for Penny.

"That's all." He said and started jotting down notes and he underlined something.

"Ok." I said walking out towards my friend. This morning I felt really confident but now I felt like a deflated balloon.

"How'd you do?" Angelina asked me.

I shrugged.

"Ok thank you guys for coming and you can all go home. Tomorrow is dancing so dress appropriately." She said.

I walked over to Seth who was talking to Nate. When Nate saw me he said bye to Seth and walled away. I rolled my eyes. Now he was just acting like a baby.

"What's going on between you and Nate?" Seth asked.

"Nothing." I said.

"Ok, let's go. We're tutoring at your house right?" He asked me.

I nodded.

When we arrived at my house, I dropped my bag on the floor.

"Kat? Drew?" I called.

No reply. Probably out on a date.

"Who's Kat and Drew?" Seth asked.

"Kat's my mom and Drew's my moms best friend/boyfriend." I said.

I looked at the clock. It was almost 7.

"Alright what do you want for dinner?" I asked him.

"Umm whatever you want. I don't care."

I wanted spaghetti so I got out all the stuff.

"Do you need help?" Seth asked.

"You can cook?"

"Well I kind of have to be able to, my mom is almost always at work." He said rolling up his sleeves.

"What about your dad?" I asked.

His jaw clenched. "He's not available."

"Oh." I said.

"Ok let's just start cooking."

I wasn't going to make him tell me about his dad but now I was curious.

We started making the sauce and it was fun. We were almost done when Kat walked in. She was wearing a navy blue dress that hugged her body with black heels and her hair was curly but her bangs were straight.

"Well hello Stacey. Who's this?" Kat said.

"This is Seth, Seth this is Kat."

"Hi Kat, are you Stacey's sister?" He asked.

"No, she's my mom." I said.

"Is he your boyfriend Stacey?"

"Kat! No, I tutor him."

"But you said that you had a boyfriend and he's--"

"Kat!"

I backed her into the hallway.

"What?" She asked.

"He's not my boyfriend. I tutor him."

"Oh...well he's still cute."

"Oh my god."

"You guys would make such a cute couple." She said.

"Kat, I have a boyfriend."

"Oh yeah. Well have fun tutoring Seth." She said and walked upstairs.

I swear she acted like she was my age. I walked back into the kit hen and judging by the smirk on his face he'd heard everything.

"Did you hear all that?" I asked.

"Yep."

I groaned and started putting the spaghetti in plates.

"So why do you call your mom Kat instead of just mom?"

"I don't know." I lied.

Maybe because I didn't even know she was my mom until like a month ago.

He knew I was lying but didn't push the topic. When we were finished I loaded the dishes into the dishwasher and we went upstairs.

"Ok, I don't really need help with science." Seth said.

"Ok, so can you help me with this packet?" I asked.

He nodded and made me do one of each different problem, pointing out where I went wrong. By the end of the night I understood almost everything.

"Do you get it now?"

"Yeah." I smiled at him.

"Ok so yeah. I guess we're done."

He started packing up his stuf but I really needed to ask him a question.

"What happened to your dad?" I blurted.

He looked at me and shook his head,a "I was waiting for you to ask."

I nodded.

"Ok so basically, my dad left my mom when the twins were 5. He used to come every birthday but that stopped last year. Last I heard he was married to some blonde bimbo that was practically my age." He said.

"Oh, i'm sorry." I said.

"Don't be. Since we're on the topic of family, why do you call your mom Kat?"

I had to tell me. I mean, he'd told me about his dad. He was going to Be the first one here to know the full story.

"Ok, so--"

His phone rang.

"Sorry." He said to me before picking up.

"Yes Jake?"

"No, do not let Jackie touch it."

"Well where's mom?"

"I'm at Stacey's house."

"I WANNA TALK TO STACEY!!" I heard Jackie yell through the phone.

Seth flinched when she yelled and gave me the phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi Stacey, it's Jackie."

"Hey Jackie."

"When are you coming over again?" She asked.

"I don't know, when am I coming over again Seth?" I asked him.

"Saturday I guess." Seth said.

"Seth says Saturday." I said to Jackie.

"Yayyy! Ok byee." She said and hung up.

Well ok then. I gave the phone back to Seth.

"You will tell me this on Saturday." Seth said.

"Bye." I said.

"Later."

The door slammed and Kat came into my room in sweats.

"What happened?" She asked excitedly.

"Nothing happened." I groaned.

"Okk whatever you sayyyy." She was walking down the stairs.

I had to stop bringing Seth over here.

******These next couple of chapters are going to be boring and I'm trying to have at least one interesting thing happen in every chapter and i wanna get these chapters over with now soo yeah. VoMmEnT!! Fan?****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 24.7K 39
Michelle doesn't want to think about her parents divorce. No more, then she already has. Michelle swears she will never let herself forget what her...
254K 8.1K 19
''You don't know me?'' he asked me with the same soft voice. ''How could I?'' I yelled, struggling even harder. ''Let m-me go!'' My voice started to...
713K 7.2K 35
A girl who grew up in a military base with her parents, ends up having to live with her grandparents and her cousin, to have a normal life. However...
5.1M 166K 43
"They were like three half-naked supermodels with bedhair and matching movie star grins. What did I get myself into...?." Serena Jones an eighteen ye...