The Maverick(Sword Art Online...

By Storyteller-Maverick

#1 in #swordartonline 10/04/18 Year 2023. The world has been waiting in anticipation for the long awaited Ful... More

Ch.1 The Death Game Aincrad
Ch.2 First Floor Dungeon
Ch.3 Shining Star On A Dark Christmas
Ch.4 The Beast Tamer
Ch.5 Investigation Time
Ch.6 Case Closed
Ch.7 Cotton Candy
Ch.8 An Uplifting Experience
Ch.9 Power Within
Ch.10 Charming Proposal(Not Really)
Ch.11 Welcome To The Family
Ch.12 Lost Data
Ch.13 Game Over
Ch.14 Aftermath Of A Death Game (ALO Arc)
Ch.15 The World Of Fairies
Ch.16 A Fiery Slyph
Ch.17 Journey To The World Tree
Ch.18 The Gank Spank
Ch.19 Saving The Alliance
Ch.20 Complicated Feelings
Ch.21 True Reveal
Ch.22 The Raid on The World Tree
Ch.23 What I Fight For
Ch.24 The World Seed
Ch.25 One Blushing Sylph
Ch.26 New Problems(GGO Arc)
Ch.27 Prep Phase
Ch.28 A World of Guns
Ch.29 Prelim
Ch.30 Prelims Pt.2
Ch.31 Downtime
Ch.32 Bullet of Bullets
Ch.33 Investigation Team
Ch.34 The Getaway
Ch.35 To Be Strong
Ch.36 Showtime
Ch.37 Closing Time
Ch.38 The First Step
Ch.39 Mystery Dungeon(Strea)
Ch.40 Strea's Soul
Ch.41 How To Armor(Bonus)
Ch.42 The Holy Sword (Mother's Rosario Arc)
Ch.43 Jötunheimer
Ch.44 Thryheim
Ch.45 Dáinsleif
Ch.46 Christmas Time
Ch.47 Christmas Time Pt.2
Ch.48 A Challenger Approaches
Ch.49 It's The Showdown
Ch.50 Yuuki & The Sleeping Knights
Ch.51 Boss Prep
Ch.52 Boss Time
Ch.53 Yuuki Konno
Ch.54 One Wish
Ch.55 Brave New World
Valentine's Day Contest
I'm Only Watching You. (Sinon Valentine's Day)
You're My Medicine (Yuuki Valentine's Day)
Ch.56 A New Place (Season 3)
Ch.57 The Fabled Ice Cave
Special: Ordinal Scale
Ch.58 Fade to Black
Ch.59 Underworld
Ch.60 Learning the World
Ch.61 Style
Ch.62 Rath
Ch.63 Alicization
Ch.64 Will Power
Ch.65 Elite Disciple
Ch.66 Nobles
Ch.67 Desensitized
Ch.68 Prisoners
Ch.69 Break
Ch.70 Gear Up
Ch.71 Crimson Arrow
Ch.72 Knightly Duties
Ch.73 Pride as a Knight
Ch.74 Golden
Ch.75 Ceasefire
Ch.76 Alliance
Ch.77 Coded Eye
Ch.78 Friendship
Ch.79 Discussions and Humanity
Ch.80 Azure Wings
Ch.81 Quinella (Season 3 Part 1 Finale)
My True Feelings (Leafa Valentine's Day)
Ch.82 Brief Respite (Season 3 Part 2: War of the Underworld)
Ch.83 Ingition Of War
Ch.84 Before The Storm
Ch.85 Last Day of Peace
Ch.86 This Is War
Ch.87 Eyes Open
Ch.88 Truth Of The Underworld
Ch.89 The Crimson Battalion
Ch. 91 Hot Pursuit
Ch.92 Calvary
Ch.93 Coffin's Arrival
Ch.94 Killer Instinct

Ch.90 Two Outta One Ain't Bad

2.3K 86 10
By Storyteller-Maverick

Everyone watched as the Crimson Battalion began to attack the Dark Territories forces as Mav stared in confusion.

Mav: Well, guess that's a good thing.....probably.

Kirito: Those soldiers.....they seem odd.

Asuna: Agreed. Do you think?

Sinon: They're from the real world.

Eugeo: What do we do?

Bercouli: We need to break through regardless....All troops, form a phalanx! We're going for a single-point breakthrough!

Kirito: Enemies approaching. Looks like the reds want a piece of us.

Sinon: Ha. Let's give it to them then!

Eugeo: Right!

The troops began to mobilize as they clashed with the red knights. Swiftly defeating the red knights they quickly noticed that they kept coming.

Mav: Now it's a party.

Mav fired a crossbow bolt as it flew through three red knights. He noticed one behind him as it was quickly sliced by Eugeo. Eugeo nodded towards Mav before moving to assist Alice. Kirito and Asuna masterfully interwoven their attacks together slaughtering the enemies with ease. Mav noticed a red flaming ball heading his direction.

Mav: That a meteor?

Mav quickly fired two more bolts at the red knights trying to attack him rolling backwards and gaining more distance as a giant beam of light incinerated the enemies in front of him. Mav looked out of the corner of his eye seeing Sinon who winked at him and continued fighting. Mav chuckled before noticing the red ball was a person.

Mav: Who the hell?

The person leapt into the air and into the ground releasing a devastating flaming smash attack burning the knights away.

Iskahn: They're all weak!

Mav: Couldn't agree more.

Iskahn: I need to talk to the one who can create landscapes!

Mav: Asuna, over here!

Asuna dashed over eyes darting around for enemies.

Asuna: What is it, Mav?

Iskahn: You're the one who can make ravines and such right?

Asuna: Yes.

Iskahn: Make a bridge across the ravine. Don't care how narrow as long as it's sturdy. Do that and my 4,000 pugilists will fight with you.

Mav: An enticing offer. Your call, Asuna.

Sheyta: I don't think this man would lie.

Mav: Where'd the hell did you come from?!

Asuna: Very well. I'll do it.

Mav: Let's get it done then.

Asuna raised her sword in the air as she began to create large rectangular bridges for the dark knights and pugilists. Meanwhile Kirito, Alice, and Eugeo were engaging the seemingly neverending onslaught of enemies.

Eugeo: Are these guys really from your world?!

Kirito: Without a doubt! These people don't die the same way people here do! Must be people on the opposing side's payroll!

Alice: How dare these cretins infest our world!

As Alice sliced through a few more troops, she noticed a cliff with a clear view of the battlefield.

Alice: Eugeo! If we get to that cliff I can take all these miscreants out! Cover me!

Eugeo: Right! Kirito, let's go!

Kirito nodded as the three began to fight their way until Kirito noticed a shadow that was cast over them. He looked up but was knocked to the ground by a fast moving force. Eugeo turned and saw the creature as it plucked him and Alice into it's talons.

Kirito: ALICE! EUGEO!

Kirito threw one of his swords at the fast moving dragon as the blade struck back leg holding Eugeo. The dragon yelled and released it's grip on Eugeo as Eugeo fell to the ground.

Gabriel: Damn.

Alice tried to cast her magic but Gabriel was quicker casting a sleep spell on her.

Gabriel: *sigh* Well, one out of two isn't bad.

Kirito: Bercouli! Alice is being taken!

Bercouli: What?! Damnit! I'll get in pursuit, you continue to deal with the situation here!

Kirito: Copy that, good luck.

Bercouli dashed off whistling for his and Alice's dragon as he flew off in hot pursuit. Gabriel looked behind him and shook his head.

Gabriel: Finally, almost done with this job.

Back at the battlegrounds Kirito and Eugeo dashed towards Mav and Asuna with Sheyta and the pugilist.

Mav: Kirito?

Kirito: Mav! Emergency! That Vecta guy has Alice! I'm sorry, I couldn't save both of them.

Eugeo: You saved me and that's enough Kirito.

Mav: He's right. No time to beat yourself up over this. He's heading to the World's End Altar so we need to catch up or cut him off.

Iskhan: Wait! Alice is the priestess of light! And you must be the priest of light! What does he want with you two? And what'll happen when he gets what he wants?

Mav: Simple. Once he takes one of them or both, this world will be deleted. Gone, reduced to atoms or code in this case. Heh, always wanted to say that.

Iskhan: What?!

Sinon: Hey, Knights of the Round Table, what're you all doing?

Sinon descended on her wings into the group.

Mav: Quick version, BBEG has taken princess Alice and we need to catch up fast.

Sheyta: He was on a dragon, correct?

Kirito: Yes.

Sheyta: Then we still have a chance. Dragons can't fly all day. Only half a day before they need a rest.

Kirito: And Bercouli is in pursuit.

Iskhan: Good! The Pugilist Guild will hold the line here. We can't disobey the Emperor directly so this one's on you. When you find that slimy bastard, give em hell and tell him the pugilists ain't his damn puppets!

Mav: Noted. Weird quiet lady, you stay here and support them as well.

Sheyta: I was planning on it anyways.

Mav: Okay, Team Mav, let's kick it into overdrive!

Asuna and Kirito whistled for their horses as Mav hopped on Kirito while Eugeo hopped on Asuna's. Sinon took the skies and flew alongside the group. It was then she noticed Mav's teardrop necklace pulsating.

......

Critter: Oh, look who's back. Figured your brain got fried or something.

Vassago: Shut up, my head hurts.

Critter: How exactly did you die over there? You've been out for eight hours.

Vassago: Eight hours?!

Vassago checked his watch seeing the time and cursing under his breath.

Critter: Ah don't sweat it too hard. Right after your death, I lowered the acceleration rate 1 to 1.

Vassago: 1 to 1? You know that means?!

Vassago went and grabbed Critter by the collar.

Vassago: That means we got twelve hours before we got the JSDF and U.S. special forces up our ass!

Critter: I'm well aware. These are Cap's orders. so stop touching me. Anyways, I was able to get our employers to help.

Vassago: How so?

Critter: I used the satellite connection to connect our employers and their shareholders. Which is a lot of people.

Critter pulled a map up.

Critter: So I have the movement data of you and Cap. So check this out, after you died, Cap started trailing away from the dark army.  He's heading south which means either he's in pursuit of the Alice and Eugeo people or already has both or one of them.

Vassago: I see, so are we in the clear?

Critter: Not yet, the red army I sent in there is currently engaging the dark army and the human empire but there's a small contingent following Cap. So, I got more of our friends awaiting deployment. I'll spawn them in their path and crush them.

Vassago: A good plan but.......Wait, that's right! Critter, I ran into a human in there! I player I fought back in SAO was in there! Those guys in the secondary control room are doing the same thing we are!

Critter: Wait, for real?!

Vassago: Ah fuck. I believe in Cap's ability but not these casual players you're sending in there. I need to get back in there.

Critter: Well you wasted the dark knight account so I'll look and see if there's another good one in here or else you'll have to go in as a grunt.

.........

The small battalion continued their pursuit as the familiar red beams surrounded them.

Mav: Oh come on!

In an instant, the battalion was surrounded. Until a bright light shined above everyone. A small figure slowly descending as they raised their arm and a small lights flew down towards the red army. As they landed, giant spike erupted from the ground killing the players as the person slowly came into view. Familiar green and yellow outfit, blonde hair wielding a sword.

Kirito: Sis?

Leafa landed on the ground with a smile seeing Kirito.

Leafa: Hey Kazuto. Good to see you.

Kirito: Yeah, good to see you too.

Leafa eyes trailed towards Asuna and then to Sinon.

Mav: Well, well, well...That was quite an entrance I must say. Oh, the gods must be smiling upon us today for some divine intervention!

Seeing the cheeky bastard himself, Leafa's eyes teared up and she ran over and wrapped him in a tight hug.

Leafa: You're okay!

Mav chuckled and hugged her back.

Mav: Yeah...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 71 50
Based on the Role Play in Amino! Book 1: The Izuku Saga A few years have passed since Chris Styles' brother sent him a secret copy of SAO. Trying to...
2.5K 73 5
(A/N: This story isn't yet finalized. Don't expect any further updates to this book until further notice.) In the year 2022, a VRMMORPG called Sword...
236 11 15
On November 6th, 2022, there has been a release of a huge Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game or "VRMMORPG" for short calle...
4.1K 54 10
In an alternate universe of Sword Art Online, Alice Zuberg has entered Sword Art Online in hopes of a great VR experience. However, her hopes of a go...