Beyond The Horizon!

By dvlk2117

💕💕💕 COMPLETED 💕💕💕 Mahima Kale (19), a girl born and brought up in a very small village of Maharashtra... More

A / N: Before You Read!
A / N: Beyond The Horizon CAST!
A / N: Beyond The Horizon SONGS!
Prologue: So much in uncommon!
Chapter 1: What is a Marriage?
Chapter 2: Lord Shiva - Goddess Gauri!
Chapter 3: God's wish or Coincidence?
Chapter 4: The Golden Moment!
Chapter 5: Hard Labour!
Chapter 6: Soul Mates in True Sense!
Chapter 7: 10 Kg Rice Sac!
Chapter 8: You make me wanna...
Chapter 9: I love you!
Chapter 10: Marriage in an 'hour'?
Chapter 11: Tit for Tat!
Chapter 12: Over The Top Bickering!
Chapter 13: Halad and Mehendi!
Chapter 14: Grand Wedding Entry!
Chapter 15: Saptapadi - Grihapravesh!
Chapter 16: Impatient Groom!
Chapter 17: Mr. & Mrs. Eric Salvatore!
Chapter 18: '5' YEARS ???
Chapter 19: Little Possessive Wife!
Chapter 20: The Open 'Talk'!
Chapter 21: Passport - Acknowledgement!
Chapter 22: Naughty Tingles - Hottie Shivers!
Chapter 23: Little Shopping Venture!
Chapter 24: A day of fun at Imagica!
Chapter 25: Boarding Pass - Security Check!
Chapter 26: Mile High Club!
Chapter 27: Vegetarian - Non-Vegetarian Meal!
Chapter 28: Scary Questions!
Chapter 29: Sleeping Beauty!
A / N: Character Aesthetic Art!
Chapter 30: The Nocturnal Couple!
Chapter 31: Wedding Gift!
Chapter 32: English Lessons - Dance Classes!
A / N: Black Lions Family!
A / N: Character Aesthetic Art
A / N: That's My Girl!
Chapter 33: Innocent Bride - Impatient Groom!
Chapter 34: Their 'love' story!
Chapter 35 : The Lunch Box!
Chapter 36: Little 'Kitty'!
Chapter 37: Past can't be undone!
Chapter 38: Second Chance!
Chapter 39: The 'plan'!
Chapter 40: Friendship - Suspicions!
Chapter 41: The Plan - The Final Step!
Chapter 43: Bittersweet!
Chapter 44: The city of light!
Chapter 45: The Floating City!
Chapter 46: Naughty Surprise!
Chapter 47: Connecting the dots!
Chapter 48: Unexpected Outburst!
Chapter 49: Silent Treatment!
Chapter 50: Cute Little Booties!
Chapter 51: Wonderful Family!
Chapter 52: Eggs, Eggshells and Time-bomb!
Chapter 53: Living The Sweet Memories!
A / N : Fun with BTH Characters!

Chapter 42: What if ... ?

2.7K 190 55
By dvlk2117

(Mature Language 18+; Double Update: Chapter 42 & 43)

"Get away from my wife you bloody f*****!"

"You sick p****, how dare you touch my wife?"

Eric roared and barged towards Nicholas like a bull. Curling his fingers around Mahima's arm, he pushed her away and grabbed Nicholas' collar. With his blood boiling and pumping all through his body like an erupting lava, he punched Nicholas on his face.

He was so angry that all he could think about was burning this shameless man alive right on spot. The mere thought of some man being close to his wife got his blood boiling. And when he saw how his wife was in this guy's arms just a second back just released the angry beast in him.

Every powerful punch had thrown Nicholas either on the floor or on the kitchen counter. Of course needless to mention the commotion caused in the apartment was no less than an earthquake. By now, even Carlos had hurried out hearing all the chaos and was completely thrown off-guard witnessing his boss nearly beating the life out of that man.

As another tough punch landed straight on Nicholas' mouth and blood spluttered everywhere, Mahima gasped in shock and worry. She had never seen Eric this angry except the day he had saved her from Santosh and Usha back in India when they were trying to get her forcefully married to Dheeraj. She definitely understood his anger and pain that day but today she was unable to understand his behaviour.

She knew she had to do something before he actually killed Nicholas blinded by his anger. Well, to her everything happened so fast that her confusion just crossed the brim. As he threw another punch and grabbed Nicholas' collar, she rushed towards them trying to stop the fight but all she got in return was a sharp statement, "Stay away Mahima!"

But could she really stay away and let her husband kill someone? Nope! Even though she was hell scared to even go near Eric, she gathered up her courage and held his hand saying, "Please! Stop! Please!"

"I SAID STAY AWAY!"

She gasped and stepped back a little seeing her husband roaring like a lion. She was so worried, scared and confused.

And as seconds ticked by, Eric didn't leave even a single opportunity to kick the life out of Nicholas. But what surprised her more was, all throughout the fight, Nicholas hadn't even tried to fight back. Unable to control anymore, she banged her fist on the counter and yelled, "Thamba! What happened? Why are you beating him? Nothing happened between us. Please stop!" (Stop!)

Well, she knew he was upset seeing her that close to Nicholas a while back. But little did she know that that was not the only reason behind Eric's anger.

Her outburst was enough to bring him back but what irked him more was her innocent nature. He couldn't believe that even after everything, this woman couldn't see things clearly. Why does she have to be this innocent and believe everyone? And he knew he had to break it to her. After all even she had to know that everyone is not as sweet and innocent as she is. She had the right to know. Didn't she?

"STOP? Why should I?" He barked making his way towards her while Carlos simply rushed towards Nicholas and decided to keep an eye on him for Eric. Of course he could clearly understand there was a huge reason why Eric had punched Nicholas this badly.

"Kay?" (What?)

As she softly whispered back looking at him with confusion laced on her pretty face, Eric pulled out his phone and handed it to her. When she crinkled her eyes as if asking him what this was all about, he hinted her to look at it.

And there...

To say her world stopped spinning the instant she saw the photos would be such an understatement. It felt like she had frozen right then and there. It felt like the ground under her feet had slipped abruptly and had sunk her into the earth's core. Absolute pin drop silence and she could feel her vision turning blurry.

After what felt like eternity, with shaky hands, she swiped through the photos only to feel her heart being broken every single time. She had no clue how this happened but every photo spoke how close she and Nicholas were. And with booming technology and talent, the photos were clearly photo shopped trying to portray her as a characterless cheating woman.

This was so painful and hurting. She couldn't believe how this happened. She had never been in any physical relationship other than Eric. He was the only one who resides in her mind, heart and soul. And no matter what, she would never betray him. Never!

She couldn't even understand how this happened. Anyone who looked at these photographs would have easily believed that she had an extra marital affair with Nicholas behind Eric's back. And now seeing how Eric nearly punched Nicholas followed by these photographs in his phone, she couldn't help but wonder 'what if Eric believed that she had betrayed him', 'what if he wanted to leave her', 'what if he didn't trust her', 'what if he hated her', 'what if...'?

Those disturbing 'what ifs' kept ringing in her mind and she was so scared. How was she supposed to prove that she was innocent? Would he believe her? What was going to happen now? Why was this happening to her? She was so scared and extremely hurt.

With a soft sob escaping her lips, she looked at him. His clenched jaw, his blood shot eyes and his heaving chest only spoke how angry he was. Her legs felt like jelly and her heart stopped beating. Shaking her head slightly, she whispered meekly with tears pooling in her eyes, "I didn't do anything. I don't know anything about these photos. Kaka was also with me, you can ask him. I didn't cheat on you. Please believe me. I am innocent. Please trust me!"

As she sobbed and was about to slump down on the ground, she suddenly felt strong arms going around her waist protectively. And when she looked at him with confusion, pain, hurt and desperation still laced on her face, he gently brought her petite frame close to his chest.

Looking deep into her glossy eyes, he cupped her cheek with his palm and said, "I don't have to ask anybody about anything. I know you. You will never betray me. Nothing can break us. You are the most amazing person I have ever met and I trust you with my life. I love you sweetheart! I love you so much."

Yes! Her husband, her amazing life partner, poured out his heart and to say she felt so grateful for his understanding nature, for his belief in her, for his trust in her and for his love for her would be just nothing.

"I... I..." When she tried to say something, he shook his head and placed his finger on her soft lips saying, "Ssshhh! You don't have to say anything sweetheart! You always say that your Lord Shiva brought us together for lifetime, so don't worry. I will never go away from you and I will always trust you. No matter what!"

His words, his trust and his love for her was like a breath of fresh air and her heart started beating again. It danced in joy and why not? They both are soul mates. They do say matches are made in heaven. Don't they?

As she threw her hands around his neck and buried her face in his chest sobbing like a little baby, he caressed her back lovingly and dropped a soft kiss on the top of her head feeling content. Yes, his life did have a meaning with her and he was so glad that he married such a wonderful woman.

Oh, what more could she ask for?

After what felt like eternity, she pulled back a little and looked at him while he smiled softly and wiped away her tears saying, "Don't cry sweetheart! Nothing can ever happen to you. They need to cross me to get to you. I will protect you with my life."

"They? Who? Who did this? Who wants to separate us?" She asked totally confused wondering who took such a great pain in framing her while he bit his lower lip for a second and replied, "Mia!"

"Mia? But why?"

"Obviously, she is still not over the fact that we are happily married. She wants to break us up." He replied thinking back about the conversation he had with his private investigator this morning while she held her temples and muttered, "I don't understand."

"Look, Sandy is Mia's secretary and best friend. Last night the private investigator had followed Sandy and came to know that she and Mia were the ones behind these photographs. And he is the one who sent me these images to me." He replied caressing her arms tenderly while she looked at him in utter confusion and asked, "Private Investigator?"

"Yes, a private investigator. I had hired one to keep an eye on Mia because I knew there was something off about her. I could feel it. I know her and the way she seemed extra happy about our wedding was what got me suspicious. She was actually very clever in framing you by keeping herself away from this but the private investigator was smart enough to catch hold of Sandy. And everything is out in open." He explained her everything in one go while she stood there rooted to the spot wondering how can someone be so cruel just to get whatever they want.

"But... But why were you beating Nicholas? If I was framed, then even he was also framed. Right?" She voiced her doubt still trying to figure out how was Nicholas involved in all this while he crinkled his eyes wondering how on earth she was this naïve. From where she was looking and what she believed, she thought Nicholas was also equally innocent as she was. But little did she know she was about to get one hell of a shock.

As she looked at him trying to figure out things, he threw his head back in frustration. Why does she have to believe that everyone is a good by heart? Can't she be a little practical and accept that world is made up of good, bad, cruel, innocent, greedy and many other people? Can she ever see anything bad in any person like ever in her life? Why? Why does she have to be so sweet and innocent?

"Please tell me everything."

As she asked him again, he grabbed her arm and snapped at her, "God damn Mahima, when will you understand that everyone is not as sweet and caring as you. This bloody sh** was also working with Mia. He was the one who actually got these photos clicked. Every single time you met this f***** was planned by him. Everything was a plan to break us up. He was being paid by them to trap you."

As his words wobbled through her ears, she gasped in absolute shock and shared a quick look with Carlos who looked equally shocked. Well why not? She never thought Nicholas was that type of guy who would trade his conscience for money. She couldn't believe how he could hide his true colours behind that sweet face. She couldn't even think what would have happened to her life if it wasn't for her husband who still trusted her.

With tears pooling in her eyes, she looked at Nicholas who was still held captive by Carlos. Stepping back, she turned and as if her legs had a mind of their own, they made their way towards the guy whom she thought was her friend all these days.

Of course, the fire in her eyes and the anger dancing on her face was so powerful that Nicholas couldn't even look into her eyes. Well, how could he? He did trade his conscience for money even after knowing what a grave mistake he was committing and now he had to deal with the consequences.

Standing just a feet away from him, she glared at him and slapped him hard on his cheek. As the sound echoed all across the room, she gave him a disgusted look.

"What did I ever do to you? Why did you do this? Did I ever harm you? I only helped you. Why did you do this to me? You have a daughter and how could you do this some lady? What if someone does the same with your daughter? Do you think your wife will be happy with your actions? Do you think Kitty will want a father who can create troubles in someone's marriage just for money? Answer me!" She asked with anger lacing on her face while Nicholas wiped off the blood from the corner of his lips and replied softly, "I did this for Kitty!"

"What? Don't bring an innocent child in this. You are responsible for your actions not your daughter. Don't try to hide behind her." She snapped passing him yet another disgusted look while Eric walked towards her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder protectively.

As the couple looked at him in bubbling anger, Nicholas cleared his throat and spoke, "You are right. I am responsible for my actions but... whatever I did, there is a reason behind it. I did it to save my daughter."

"What do you mean?"

"Kitty has a hole in her heart!"

"WHAT?"

* * *

So, how was the chapter? She knows the truth. And Eric supported her. He is amazing. Isn't he? What do you think will they do with Nicholas once everything is out in the open? Let me know what you think. Thank you so much for your votes and comments.

Next Update: Chapter 43 is out! Please Check!

Much Love,

Manasa DVLK!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 114 10
"What the hell are you so scared of, Ishita? Why can't you love me back?" His voice boomed in the room with an echo. "I'm afraid of falling in love w...
11.1K 1.7K 14
BOOK ONE OF THE SUGAR AND SWEET SERIES Vanya Sharma hated marriages. Growing up seeing troubled and failed marriages carved a bitter spot in her hear...
75.4K 4K 32
❝ Roses are dead, love is fake, weddings are basically funerals with cake. ❞ Meet Akriti Marwaha, a gynecologist who loves to always keep her family...
651K 23.3K 52
" I married you but that doesn't mean that you can control my life". He growled in anger. I flinched at his harsh voice. Tears formed in my eyes " Fo...