Beyond The Horizon!

By dvlk2117

💕💕💕 COMPLETED 💕💕💕 Mahima Kale (19), a girl born and brought up in a very small village of Maharashtra... More

A / N: Before You Read!
A / N: Beyond The Horizon CAST!
A / N: Beyond The Horizon SONGS!
Prologue: So much in uncommon!
Chapter 1: What is a Marriage?
Chapter 2: Lord Shiva - Goddess Gauri!
Chapter 3: God's wish or Coincidence?
Chapter 4: The Golden Moment!
Chapter 5: Hard Labour!
Chapter 6: Soul Mates in True Sense!
Chapter 7: 10 Kg Rice Sac!
Chapter 8: You make me wanna...
Chapter 9: I love you!
Chapter 10: Marriage in an 'hour'?
Chapter 11: Tit for Tat!
Chapter 12: Over The Top Bickering!
Chapter 13: Halad and Mehendi!
Chapter 14: Grand Wedding Entry!
Chapter 15: Saptapadi - Grihapravesh!
Chapter 16: Impatient Groom!
Chapter 17: Mr. & Mrs. Eric Salvatore!
Chapter 18: '5' YEARS ???
Chapter 19: Little Possessive Wife!
Chapter 20: The Open 'Talk'!
Chapter 21: Passport - Acknowledgement!
Chapter 22: Naughty Tingles - Hottie Shivers!
Chapter 23: Little Shopping Venture!
Chapter 24: A day of fun at Imagica!
Chapter 25: Boarding Pass - Security Check!
Chapter 26: Mile High Club!
Chapter 27: Vegetarian - Non-Vegetarian Meal!
Chapter 28: Scary Questions!
Chapter 29: Sleeping Beauty!
A / N: Character Aesthetic Art!
Chapter 30: The Nocturnal Couple!
Chapter 31: Wedding Gift!
Chapter 32: English Lessons - Dance Classes!
A / N: Black Lions Family!
A / N: Character Aesthetic Art
A / N: That's My Girl!
Chapter 33: Innocent Bride - Impatient Groom!
Chapter 34: Their 'love' story!
Chapter 35 : The Lunch Box!
Chapter 36: Little 'Kitty'!
Chapter 37: Past can't be undone!
Chapter 38: Second Chance!
Chapter 39: The 'plan'!
Chapter 40: Friendship - Suspicions!
Chapter 42: What if ... ?
Chapter 43: Bittersweet!
Chapter 44: The city of light!
Chapter 45: The Floating City!
Chapter 46: Naughty Surprise!
Chapter 47: Connecting the dots!
Chapter 48: Unexpected Outburst!
Chapter 49: Silent Treatment!
Chapter 50: Cute Little Booties!
Chapter 51: Wonderful Family!
Chapter 52: Eggs, Eggshells and Time-bomb!
Chapter 53: Living The Sweet Memories!
A / N : Fun with BTH Characters!

Chapter 41: The Plan - The Final Step!

2.7K 191 114
By dvlk2117

(Mature Language 18+)

After leaving Nicholas' apartment, Tony walked through the alley humming a song with his hands tucked in his jeans pocket. Tony is the guy who Nicholas had hired to take photos. To be honest, he was very happy with his work and even thought that Nicholas would like the extra photos he had taken that afternoon.

Of course, the way Nicholas glared at him and had abruptly told him that his job was over came as a huge surprise for him. He was sure that he was going to be paid extra for his amazing creativity but oh boy, he was so wrong.

Needless to say that he had cursed himself for going overboard and using his creative mind which only ended in him losing the job. He would have definitely used the extra money.

And now, even though he knew that the money Nicholas had given him would take care of him for the next few days but at the same time, he knew he had to go search for something to keep his pocket filled.

He was lost in his thoughts so much that he didn't really notice when he reached the end of the alley. His eyes popped out of their sockets and his heart nearly dropped in his boots when all of a sudden a car door opened right in front of him.

"Oh f***! You scared the sh*t out of me. Can't you see before opening the door?" He barked nearly roasting the person inside the car but all he got in return was a snarky reply, "Well, can't you see where you are going?"

Of course his eyes grew wide when he saw a beautiful girl sitting in the driver seat with a smug look playing on her face. And even before he could say something, she eyed him head to toe and said, "Sit in the car Tony."

"How do you know my name?" He nearly screeched in shock wondering how on earth this girl knew his name while she rolled her eyes and replied nonchalantly, "I know much more than your name. Trust me! And if you are looking for some easy cash then you better sit in the car because you have nothing to lose."

"And what makes you think that I will listen to you?" He asked hunching forward and resting his elbow on the edge of the door while she eyed him head to toe one more time and spoke, "Nicholas sent you away irrespective of how good you were at clicking those photos. And if you are really looking for some easy money then you better listen to me."

"How the hell do you know Nicholas? And how do you even know that I was working with him?" He asked scrunching his eyebrows and shaking his head in confusion while she drummed her fingers on the steering and replied nonchalantly, "I am the one who is paying him for the dirty work. Simple!"

Yes! This was Sandy, Mia's secretary and best friend.

"Huh! Cool. When he is already working for you then why are you here? What do you want from me?"

"It's never too wrong to have a plan B. I need to be prepared just in case Nicholas tries to ditch me. I want those photographs that you clicked till date."

"Too late! I already gave him those photos." He replied shrugging his shoulders while she turned her head and smirked at him saying, "I am not a fool Tony. I know you gave them to Nicholas but I am asking about the softcopy. And, it is impossible to believe that you don't have a copy of those because I clearly know people like you who can do anything for money. So, without any delay give me the photos."

"How much are you going to pay me?" He asked hunching forward a little while she gave him a stink eye. As he understood what she meant, he heaved a deep sigh and walked over to the other side to get in the car.

As their car ran through the roads, she adjusted the gears saying, "Triple the amount Nicholas paid you. Plus, I can give you such kind of jobs anytime I need."

"Sorry princess! Triple the amount is not going to happen. I need more. Maybe 10 times the amount?"

"Are you insane? That's a lot of money for you." She nearly screamed her lungs out giving him a death glare while he cleared his throat and adjusted in the seat comfortably saying, "That's not your problem. I am good in maths and I can count!"

Of course his snarky reply earned him another dirty look from her.

"I am not going to pay you that much."

"Oh! Looks like you don't have choice. I mean think about it. A princess like you was waiting for a guy like me in that dirty alley for some bloody photographs. That makes me the chooser. Your desperation is written all over your face darling. So, pay me the money and take your photographs. As simple as that!" He said winking at her while she stopped the car back where she had picked him up and glared at him for his extra smart thinking.

Knowing she didn't have much of choice, she huffed and nodded her head pulling out her phone from her bag, "Fine! Meet me in the same place, same time tomorrow."

"Good decision!"

"Okay, now I need to leave so, get out of my car!" She said typing a message to Mia while he rolled his eyes at her attitude and stepped out not before saying, "You know you need to tone down your attitude if you want to get things done."

Needless to say he was grilled by her glare.

As she put back her phone in her bag, Tony hunched forward and smirked at her saying, "Alright! But a little secret between us. You do know that I am still going to keep the copies of those photographs just in case you decide to ditch me or something. I mean come on, it's the matter of money and I can't take a risk."

"Just give me the photographs and do whatever you want with the copies. Dance around with them or decorate your freaking house or jump off the cliff for all I care!" She replied nonchalantly switching the engine on while he curled his lips wondering where this woman got her attitude from.

"You better be on time tomorrow Tony."

"Of course! I am very punctual!"

And as her car left the alley, he rubbed his palms together and grinned like a child whispering to himself, "Now that's what I call it a golden ticket!"

But little did either of them know that they both were watched by someone from the corner.

* * *

The next morning Ruby and Rowan were out to attend a charity event hosted by one of their friends while Charlotte was busy with her make up tutorials on YouTube. Ankit and Kirti were preparing for their upcoming exams. Eric would be returning back in another two days and to say Mahima was excited to meet her husband after 10 days would be just nothing.

Even though they spoke a lot on phone everyday and night, she was dying to meet him. Well, she was not the only one who felt like this. He too was sailing in the same boat. They both were missing each other like crazy. And why not? This was the longest that they have stayed away from one another since they met.

So, like she had promised, she left their house around 11 in the morning to meet Nicholas at his sandwich stall. Of course, Carlos was there to drive her there like every other day.

"Good Morning!"

"Hey! Good Morning!"

"How is your hand now?" Mahima asked directing her gaze at his palm while Nicholas looked at the brown streaks on his fair skin and nodded his head saying, "Much better. I have applied medicated cream last night. Thank you so much for the first aid though."

"You're welcome! Anyway, I have brought something for you." She said walking towards the stall while he crossed his arms across his chest and scrunched his eyebrows asking, "What did you bring?"

"Surprise!"

Scrunching her nose, she pulled out the stools and asked him to sit. Even before he could say something, she turned around and called Carlos to sit next to him.

"What's going on?" Nicholas asked sharing a quick look with Carlos who shrugged his shoulders as if hinting him that he had no idea about it while she completely ignored his question and placed the bag on the little counter space next to the pan.

Pulling out two 'use and throw' plates that he used to serve the hotdogs and sandwiches, she took out a box from the bag.

While the men looked at one another in confusion, she turned around with a wide toothy grin playing on her face and holding two plates in her hands.

"Oh my god! Are those Aloo Parathas?" Nicholas let out a squeal like a little excited baby while she giggled and nodded her head whispering, "Yes!"

Yes, she indeed made those delicious potato stuffed Indian breads for them. Well, being the super caring and loving person that she is, this was obvious. The previous day, Nicholas had told her how much he and Kitty loved this dish and asked if she could teach him how to make them. But Mahima being the most amazing woman that she is, decided to first treat their taste buds and then probably teach him.

"I can't believe this. But why? I just asked you to teach me. You didn't have to make them." He said shaking his head while she chuckled softly passed him the plate saying, "I will teach you but first you eat this because it has been really long that you had one. I can teach you if you like them. It's totally fine. Now you just enjoy eating it and I really hope you will like it."

"Like is a small word. I am going to love it. I know. I just know it." He said looking at her mesmerizing face while she just simply chuckled.

He had no idea what was happening inside him, but all he could feel was his heart racing and strange happiness bubbling within him. There was something about her that kept him awake the previous night. Even though he loved Preeti with all his heart he just couldn't stop thinking about Mahima. It was like she never really left his mind. And this confused him even more.

His revere of thoughts broke when he heard Carlos clearing his throat.

"Mrs. Salvatore, I must say this is amazingly delicious. I never knew you were such a wonderful cook. If you don't mind, can I take one more? I will give it to my wife. I am sure she will love it." Calros said wiping his lips with the tissue while she grinned like a little baby and nodded her head saying, "Of course kaka! I have already packed a box for you to take home. I am really glad you enjoyed eating it."

"Thank you so much Mrs. Salvatore!" Carlos thanked politely and looked at Nicholas asking, "So, what about you? Did you enjoy eating it?"

Clearing his throat, Nicholas nodded his head smiling brightly and said, "Way beyond that! I can eat them all day. It actually reminded me of Preeti, my wife. She used to make these and... I and Kitty used to enjoy eating them."

"Used to? What happened to her?" Carlos who had no clue about Preeti asked scrunching his eyebrows while Nicholas looked at the floor and heaved a deep sigh replying softly, "She passed away months back."

Of course Carlos' eyes grew wide in shock and he snapped his head to look at Mahima. She bit her lower lip and nodded her head as if secretly telling him that it was the truth. The sad and bitter truth. Carlos couldn't even imagine what must be going on with little Kitty. She is so young and losing a parent is such a grave pain. He felt so sad for the father-daughter duo.

"I am so sorry. I didn't know."

"It's okay. Thank you!"

"If you don't mind me asking, how did it happen?"

And as seconds ticked by, Nicholas told them how Preeti left this world trying to save their daughter. To say Mahima's heart broke hearing their sad story would be such an understatement. She couldn't stop herself from thinking how Nicholas didn't blame Kitty for Preeti's death unlike her own father who had blamed her all her life for her mother's death. Tears pooled in her eyes and she felt so sad for the both of them.

Clearing his throat, Nicholas looked at them saying, "Kitty is my life. She is the only person
I have in my life. She is a precious gem my wife left with me and I can go to an extent to protect my daughter."

As much as he loved this, the sad reality struck him again. He knew he had to get his work done no matter what. Because when it came to saving Kitty, he was ready to go to any extent. Of course, needless to say that Mahima, who had no clue what this man was plotting against her, was extremely touched.

She was just happy that at least Kitty has a loving father who loved her to bits. She knew he will be able to give all the love that the little girl deserves. His possessiveness only spoke about his  love for his daughter and she knew Kitty is a lucky in this matter.

Unable to control her emotions, she crossed her arms across her chest and smiled at him brightly saying, "You are a very good father and Kitty is very lucky."

"Thank you so much. And Thanks again for these parathas. Kitty will love them. She will be so happy." Nicholas thanked her running his fingers on the paratha box that she had packed for Kitty too while she smiled softly and replied, "You're very welcome but it was nothing. I am just glad that Kitty will be happy."

Of course the guilt in him resurfaced again hearing her words but he knew he couldn't let his emotions take an upper hand. Even though he knew he was doing a grave mistake, he was ready to commit it. No matter what!

Today was the last step of his plan. Inviting her to his place alone and collecting the proofs was what he had planned. Well that was the prime reason he had asked her to teach him how to prepare Aloo Parathas in the first place. So, getting her alone was the most important thing. He had already set up the cameras at his place and was totally prepared.

Completely ignoring his conscience, he looked at her and smiled asking, "Now, will you please teach me how to make them? I want to learn."

"Hmmm! I don't mind teaching you but I think you should give your hand rest for a few days and then..." She suggested looking at his palm and even before she could complete what she was saying he rose up from the stool abruptly saying, "No! A few days? No way! I can't wait that long!"

Of course his weird reaction not only confused her but Carlos too.

"What?" She asked with the same confusion laced on her face while Nicholas cleared his throat and covered up his reaction saying, "Ah! Sorry about that! I mean... I am absolutely fine. My palm is fine and I wouldn't have come here at my stall if I wasn't fine. I even made a few sandwiches and hotdogs this morning. Believe me I am fine. And I really can't wait that long to learn. Now that I have tasted these amazing parathas, I can't just wait to learn how to cook them. Please! You promised me that you will teach me. Please don't say no!"

Mahima being the sweet person who only saw good in people couldn't really read between the lines and simply smiled nodding her head, "Okay, I will teach you. Don't worry!"

Heaving a deep sigh, Nicholas smiled at her and looked at Carlos saying, "Okay then, I live down the corner. We can leave now and I promise to bring her back here or I can call you to pick her up when we are done. How does that sound?"

Nicholas was desperately hoping that Carlos gave in and left them alone but little did he know that this fifty year old man was a tough guy to play with!

And especially if someone was inviting her to their house, Carlos couldn't just sit quiet like it didn't matter to him. Even though Nicholas looked like a nice guy, he couldn't really put Mahima in risk by any chance.

"I really don't think that's a good idea. My job is not only to drive Mrs. Salvatore wherever she wants, but my job is also to accompany her everywhere, to protect her and to help her too. No offence kid. Plus you see, I really don't like to upset my boss i.e.; Mrs. Salvatore's husband. And if he comes to know that I didn't accompany her to your place, then things will definitely get ugly. So in short, wherever madam goes, I am always with her unless Mr. Salvatore wants the other way."

Needless to say, Nicholas was completely thrown off-guard by that stiff answer from Carlos. He never really expected that especially after seeing how friendly Carlos was with him all these days. It moreover felt like he saw a completely different man in just a matter of seconds.

He knew if he said something against this then obviously Carlos would get suspicious. And especially when he was this close to getting his job done, he couldn't really risk it.

So, not really having much of an option, he smiled at Carlos and nodded his head, "Of course, I would love that. Kitty will love to see you both when she gets home from school."

"Thank you kaka!" She thanked him sweetly knowing how much Eric trusted Carlos while he simply smiled and opened the door for her saying, "Anytime Mrs. Salvatore!"

* * *

"We have boiled the potatoes and now we need to grate them." Mahima said picking the grater from the drawer while Nicholas scrunched his eyebrows and asked, "I thought we mash them. That's what the videos on YouTube were all about."

"You can mash them of course but grating is a better and safer option especially when you want to roll them in the dough." She said grating the potato while he nodded his head and saluted her saying, "Okay teacher! Noted!"

As she giggled and got back to grating, he turned his head and looked at Carlos who was busy going through a magazine sitting on the couch. All this while, Nicholas tried his best not to get Carlos suspicious. Knowing he had to get this done before Kitty returned back from school, he looked here and there wondering what he was supposed to do to divert Carlos attention.

"Alright! Now it is the time for some aromatic tampering." She said pouring three tablespoons of oil in the pan and his eyebrows shot up as an idea struck him. Even before she could light the stove, he interrupted her saying, "Now just wait there. What a bad host I am. You both are here and I haven't even given you anything to drink."

Not even waiting for her response, he turned his head and asked, "Carlos, how about a drink?"

"I don't drink when I am at work."

"Okay, then how about some fruit juice?"

"Yeah, that'll be great!"

As he was about to pull out the fruit juice tetra pack from the fridge, she cleared her throat and stated, "Please don't make for me."

"Why?"

"Today is Monday and I am fasting!" As she replied with a soft smile playing on her face, he looked at her in confusion and shrugged his shoulders asking, "Fasting? Monday? For what?"

"It's a long story. I have been praying to Lord Shiva all my life. In India, some of us fast on Mondays to get a loving husband and a wonderful life ahead. And some of us stop fasting after we get married but I... I have continued it to thank Lord Shiva for blessing me with such a wonderful husband and such a loving family. I fast for my husband's long, happy and successful life ahead. His happiness means the world to me."

To say her reply nearly shook his world would be just nothing. She is such an amazing person and yet he was here etching plans on troubling her? Her love for her husband was so evident and he felt like a fool for even trying to break them up.

She was so beautiful inside and out. And for some reason he didn't like the fact that such a wonderful woman was married to a womanizer.

Well, he did read a lot about Eric and the way that man used to have different woman by his side every single night got him thinking what Mahima saw in Eric that she got married to him. Did Eric really deserve such a lovely woman as wife?

Even though he knew he was wrong trying to create troubles in her married life, as the needy father in him rose up, he completely ignored those obvious signals given by his conscience.

Flashing her a small smile, he poured juice in a glass only for Carlos and moved away to give him not before telling her to wait for him till he got back.

"Here you go!" He said passing the drink and just when Carlos was about to take it, he 'not so accidently' spilled it all over Carlos' shirt and trousers.

"I am so sorry! I don't know how it happened. Great lord!" As he dramatically cupped his mouth apologising, Carlos stood up and started wiping the thick drink off his crispy white shirt saying, "Its okay. It happens. It happens with everyone. Not an issue."

"I feel so bad for this. Please, use the washroom. These stains won't go away if they dry. Try washing them off under running water." Nicholas suggested innocently while Carlos looked at Mahima as if subtly asking her whether she would be fine for a few minutes while he was gone.

As Mahima nodded her head, Carlos excused himself and rushed to the washroom as directed while Nicholas heaved a deep sigh and smirked thinking how easily he could divert Carlos' attention for the time being.

He knew he had to be fast enough to get the video recorded before Carlos was out. So, not wasting anymore time, he rushed into the kitchen where Mahima was already waiting for him to teach him how the tampering was made for the parathas.

"Alright! Now tell me how the tampering is made." He said crossing his arms across his chest while she nodded her head and lit the stove saying, "Once the oil is warm, you need to add a teaspoon mustard seeds, a teaspoon cumin seeds and then some finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies."

As she added them in the oil and they started spluttering, he knew this was the right time to get her attention or rather get her close to him.

"Aaahhh! Oh god!" He let out a low cry cupping his eye with his palm and she looked at him horrified asking, "What? What happened?"

"I think those chillies got into my eye. Oh my! This is hurting. It's burning!" He spoke hurriedly while she turned off the stove and stepped forward saying, "Rinse it with cold water, it will go away."

"Alright!"

He splashed water a few times knowing his plan was working the right way while she stood behind him fidgeting with her fingers feeling bad for this man. And why not? She saw how he had burnt his palm the day before and now the chillies got in his eyes. She couldn't help but wonder how this man managed working as a chef when he hurt himself this often?

"Can you? Can you please look in my eye and see if it is gone? Please! I can still feel my eyes burning. Please Mahima!" He asked still cupping his eye hoping that she would buy his act and she being the extremely caring and understanding person that she is, she nodded her head not before throwing a glance at the couch to see if Carlos was back.

For sure if Carlos was there, she would have asked him to check but knowing it was not the time to wait, she stepped forward and held his hand. The mere touch and Nicholas knew she fell for his plan. Now, it was just to bring her close to him and everything will be over.

She gently pushed away his palm from his face and stood on her tippy toes to check if there was still anything in his eye while Nicholas held the edge of the kitchen counter with his other hand. As she started tenderly blowing, he pretended like he stumbled backwards and wrapped his arm around her waist nearly pulling her into his chest. Well, of course the video recorder was doing its job and to anyone it would look like these two were kissing.

Even though his conscience cursed him for his cruel gesture, he heaved a sigh of relief thinking how easily he managed to get the biggest proof to break Eric and Mahima's marriage for ever. For sure he had done a terrible sin by scheming such an innocent person but little did he know he was about to pay for it.

And even before she could move away from him, she heard the most horrifying roar that screamed anger. Totally confused, she turned her head only to see her husband with his jaw clenched tightly and nerves almost tracing patterns on his forehead.

.

.

.

"Get away from my wife you bloody f*****!"

Yes! Looks like Lord Shiva did send her husband, her lover, her saviour 'again' to save her from these money thirsty animals.

* * *

So, how was the chapter? Eric is back early! What do you think will happen next? Here Nicholas was busy collecting the photos and there Eric directly saw his wife in someone's arms? What will he do now? Do drop in your thoughts! Thank you so much for your votes and comments.

Next Update: Monday!

Much Love,

Manasa DVLK!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 83K 72
Preeti is a simple girl like every indian girl. Her parents fixed her marriage to Siddharth who lives in America. Siddharth and her family came Preet...
653K 23.4K 52
" I married you but that doesn't mean that you can control my life". He growled in anger. I flinched at his harsh voice. Tears formed in my eyes " Fo...
452K 17.3K 41
Abhimanyu Malhotra and Shivani Khanna had been school mates and best of friends..... But the rejection brought them apart!!! After years both were ti...
227K 10.6K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...