Queen of the Dragons

נכתב על ידי b00klover09

"Estelle, I will kill any man who stands in my way of having you. I will kill one to one thousand men!" I sna... עוד

-Story Aesthetics/ Author Notes-
-Prologue-
-One-
-Two-
-Three-
-Four-
-Five-
-Six-
-Seven-
-Eight-
-Nine-
-Ten-
-Eleven-
-Twelve-
-Thirteen-
Fourteen
Fifteen
-Sixteen-
-Seventeen-
-Eighteen-
Nineteen
Twenty
-Twenty & a half-
Twenty one
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48

49

2.5K 116 12
נכתב על ידי b00klover09

A knocking on the door had me trailing away from my thoughts. Loche has left me to go shift into Gaul and told me to meet him outside. Loche seemed very stressed out before and I wondered if it was because of me or because we had to go to Lycea? I wish Juni was here to help me sort out my thoughts with Loche. She is good with men's problems...I know Winona is married but sometimes I do not know if she is giving me good advice.

Opening the door slightly, I was happy to see Cael. He looked a bit...well not very happy. "Cael are you alright?"

He gave me a false smile. "Of course, Titania. We need to get you outside. I am escorting you to the Lycea kingdom. Prince Loche thinks that his dragon will not behave with on his back for such a long period of time so you will be riding on me," he explained to me as I frowned. Loche was so mean to Gaul sometimes. Gaul just likes to hold me and touch me sometimes, it is not like Gaul thinks bad thoughts all of the time.

"Oh okay! Cael what should I call your dragon?" I questioned as I left the door open to grab the necklace that Loche gave me. Well that the Vampyr King gave to Loche to give to me. The Vampyr King was interesting...he looks as if he needs a hug and maybe a warm cup of tea.

"Dragon," he said dryly as I frowned. Cael has not been in a good mood lately and I wondered if that had anything to do with Juni...since they kissed and all. And how did he not have a name for his dragon? I mean Loche had a name for his dragon before I named him. Well no I do not really think behemoth is a name...it sounded mean to call Gaul such a name when he was such a sweet dragon.

"We have to find a name for your dragon," I told Cael as we walked out of the castle and down the steps. I noticed that a few guards and Gaul were waiting for us. Before I waved my hand at my husband I glanced down to make sure that I did not trip like last time.

When Gaul noticed me, he stopped growling angrily at a random guard man and let out an odd noise that he always made whenever I was around. He pawed at the ground, raking his claws into the hard surface before making more noises.

"Hi, Gaul!" I smiled as I rushed over to him and hugged his large head. He was extremely warm as usual and I loved his warmth. Good thing was that Loche was always warm too, they kept me nice and comfortable.

"Titania once I shift we have to be on our way," I heard Cael say as Gaul shifted his big head to the side to give Cael a rather threatening look. Cael slightly bowed as Gaul's eyes narrowed. The threatening sound he was making was getting louder and louder by the second and I noticed that Cael had resorted to dropping to one knee. How dare he be mean to Cael for no reason!

I frowned, poking him on the nose, he growled at me. "Stop that right now, Cael is sweet as a deer and just wants to help us...do not be so mean Gaul." I rubbed his head gently and watched as his awful growling lessened. "Now we have to go and see the Lycan King and his human Queen. I have to ride on Cael but do not get upset because you are the only dragon that I love, okay Gaul?"

The sound of bones cracking made me wince and I knew that Cael was shifting and Gaul did not seem too happy about that. He snarled at me, his big teeth gnashing together. "Gaul," I stressed, as one of his teeth snagged my dress. "You cannot be unreasonable. You have marked my neck and I have your brand, I do not want Cael and he does not want me," I explained to him as I heard a loud thump. I glanced to the side of me to see Cael's brown dragon, staring at both of us. Gaul snarled and Cael's dragon huffed, not responding.

"You listen to your wife, you know you get carried away with everything." I could see Uncle Alazar walking towards us, frowning heavily.

Gaul made a snorting noise, before getting up and making his way over to Alazar. I had to quickly move out of the way before he hit me with one of his legs or maybe a tail. I cannot go through that again!

"What? I know you are King now," Uncle Alazar fussed as Gaul circled him, blowing out heaps of steam. "But you have to listen to your wife sometimes. Now go see the Lycan King so you can come back here and spend more time with your wife you love so much."

Gaul paused. He seemed to think about what his uncle was saying. He then faced Uncle Alazar, roared in his face, and then took off. Oh my. Such a rude dragon! "Uncle Alazar are you okay?!" I questioned as he wiped at his face, and growled out.

"I have dealt with worse from him. Imagine him a young hatchling being denied playtime or meat. He would wreak havoc I tell you, havoc!" He complained as for some reason I felt the need to laugh. I cannot imagine baby Gaul running around being an uncooperative little hatchling!

A weird scratchy noise had me glancing to the other large dragon near, realizing that Cael now had on a saddle. "Oh sorry Cael," I apologized sheepishly as I rushed over to him.

Once I was settled in and roped up, I tried to say goodbye to Uncle Alazar but Cael jerked forward. As we began our journey I noticed more dragons begin to pop up and wondered why. Then it hit me, we were King and Queen now. We had to have a lot of people with us just in case the Lycans were not kind. I wished Keynai was here but I think he and Dale were working on a flower project. I did not really know what that meant but I hoped it worked out well for them.

As we continued on our trip, I did not feel as comfortable as I was with Gaul. I wondered if it was because of my wings? I felt overall uncomfortable, even my dress was bothering me...or maybe because Gaul made me feel safe? Either way, I wanted to arrive soon and be able to walk. I did not feel so well as of now. The wind felt too harsh, as if it was slapping me rudely around. The sun felt too close, making me feel as if my skin was on fire. It was not the nice warmth that Loche provided but a heat that I did not appreciate.

Soon we were catching up with Gaul who was really a sight to look at. He was beautiful. His eyes were partly closed and I wondered how he could do that...how could he tell where he was going? Juni and I would always walk around the castle and get lost with our eyes closed when we were little sprites. I got lost often than would cry when I became really lost. Of course, Juni always likes to bring that up! As if all I did was cry when we were younger.

A yelp suddenly made its way past my lips as we began to dip lower. I watched the Dragons around me began to roar. All of them roaring at once making my ears feel as if they were going to start falling off. Tis too much...

Then the loudest one of all which was Gaul began to yell or well roar. Within the next few seconds, the sky was being lit up with hot spurts of fire. Agh, not fire again. I truly believe that Gaul wanted me to melt and did not love me at this moment...I have to say that it was sort of pretty. Fire mixing with clouds...I need to take up painting again so everyone can see this beauty!

As we descended closer to the ground I began to see a castle that was getting bigger and bigger by the second. It was a bit dark...but smaller than our castle, yet bigger than the fae castle. It did not look so welcoming.

Cael's wings began to tuck and we started to dive down, like most of the other dragons. I could not even see much because the air was blinding my eyes, so I closed them and held onto the reigns tighter. I am glad that my hair was free and not braided up because I am sure I would look insane once this trip was over with.

We hit the ground with an ungrateful thud. I almost flew off of Cael if it were not for the strap securing me to the saddle. While I brushed my hair down, I noticed that we had landed in front of the castle. Many lycans were standing around. Some in their wolf form and others in human form.

A man stood in front of all of the other wolves and lycans. He was watching Loche shift closely while one of our guards had clothing for him. He was a muscular man also and had sandy brown hair and a nice set of brown eyes. He looked a bit intimidating but when Loche was fully clothed, his lips upturned a bit for a smile...almost.

"King Loche on behalf of Lycea I appreciate you coming this short of notice. I am General Rowan, also a prince of this kingdom," the man introduced himself as Loche gave him a rather rude look over and then glanced back at me still on Cael. I secretly waved to him.

Loche's eyes glowed a bit and I put my hand down. Well fine, he did not have to say hi back if he did not want to! "Yes well I wanted to clear the air and speak with your King as soon as possible," Loche told the man as I began to untie myself. "I would like to meet the King first. That is my wife, Queen Estelle. She will remain outside till I deem it fit for her to join us."

Why could I not come in immediately? I wanted to walk in with Loche! The General glanced to me, a curious look to his eyes before he partially bowed. "Of course. This man will lead you to my King and Queen."

Loche gave me a warning look before he went up the steps and into the dark castle. I wondered if I should stay on Cael or get off? It was a bit nerve-wracking with so many lycans staring at me. "Stop your staring, you all have seen a fae before," the General announced to the men as I tried to hide a blush. Cael snarled out and I petted him gently as a few of the men bared their teeth. Uh-oh. Loche probably would not be the happiest man if Cael tried to eat these men.

I decided it would be safest for me to get off and let Cael shift into himself. As soon as I unbuckled myself and tried to get off of Cael, my foot slipped on one of his scales and I winded up tumbling off of the scaly dragon.

"Titania!" Some of our guards surrounding me yelled as they quickly helped me up to my feet. I looked around to see the Lycan people all staring at me.

The General looked a bit confused. "Are you alright, Queen Estelle?" Calling me Queen still sounds foreign but I like it!

I smiled as I brushed my hair down. "Oh yes I am, thank you!" If only this General Prince knew how many times I fall and sorts.

Everyone's attention began to turn to what was next to me. Cael began to shift and I stood in front of him. He might be a bit embarrassed being naked in front of all of these people. I know I would be. As Cael quickly dressed, still growling as he stared at the Lycans. What has gotten into Cael? He is usually not this aggressive!

Before I could ask if Cael was okay, a guard from our kingdom appeared at the entrance of the castle. He nodded slightly and I took that as a signal that Loche wanted me to come now. Prince Rowan accompanied me up the steps and we made our way into the castle. Which was very grey and sad-like. No beautiful colors in it, really which was unfortunate.

As Prince Rowan lead me down the hall, Cael was close behind. I glanced at him with a smile and waved my hand for him to back off a bit. Prince Rowan kept staring back as if Cael was going to hit him. He did seem a bit on edge though...

I could hear Loche's voice and that made me incredibly happy. I just wanted him to hold me and kiss me until I went to sleep and the wing pains ceased...

"...It will be fine, Queen Estelle. I assure you," Prince Rowan announced as I wondered what on earth he was talking about. I did mention maids because one was glaring me down as we walked and Prince Rowan had growled at her.

Two large double doors were opened and we were lead into a room. I immediately noticed Loche. He made eye contact with Prince Rowan, a threatening look on his face. I thanked Prince Rowan quickly and made my way over to Loche. He was facing two people. Two people who had a lot of darkness in them.

I looked to the woman first. She had whitish hair, which was very beautiful, a sad look in her twinkling eyes. I realized that the grey around her was slowly turning black and the small streaks of light were hardly showing. She looked hurt. It made my own stomach begin to churn. Who had hurt her? Why was she so sad?

"This is my Queen...Estelle," Loche introduced me as I realized this had to be the human Queen. She looked different than the few Lycan women I have seen.

She needed a hug and I would be the one to give it to her! I separated from Loche and threw my hands around her, squeezing her tightly. "It is so nice to meet you! You are so beautiful!" I told her as she hugged me back before pulling away. She was a bit stiff like when I used to first hug Loche. She needed more hugs eventually. It would make her feel better I am sure.

"Nice to meet you too Queen Estelle," the Queen smiled with a hint of laughter in her voice. She looked much better when she smiled, even though she was very beautiful already.

I glanced at the man that stood beside her. A chill ran over my spine as I noticed all the darkness practically reeking from him. Dark wavy hair sprawled all over his head. Facial hair covered his cheeks...nothing like Uncle Alazar's or my father's but it was still hair. I also noticed a rather painful-looking scar running over his face. He looked as if he did not smile at all. Like it would probably be painful to do so. Even though he looked as if he wanted to tear me to shreds, he seemed in need of a hug also.

So I smiled and prepared myself to hug this...not so nice King. As soon as I tried to touch him, I was being spun! Somehow I ended up with my hands around Loche's waist while a noise came from him. It did not sound like a happy one. I glared at him. Did he not see how sad these people were?! They needed hugs!

"Um...tis nice to meet you too, King Sirus. This castle is beautiful. Tell me do lilies often grow here?" I questioned him, honestly wondering. I did not see any flowers here, but the potential to plant some nice ones was what was here! Dale would enjoy this very much.

The Queen glanced at her King, and I watched King Sirus look as if he really did not know the answer. "I am not sure Queen Estelle." How could he not be sure? How could he not know what grew in his gardens? I wondered if Loche ever paid attention to the flowers around our kingdom. Maybe once we get back, Dale and I will have to explain the flowers and plants so that Loche is aware.

A sudden wave of tiredness overcame me and I leaned heavily into Loche, trying to keep myself rooted in place. I did not have time for my ailments, I am supposed to be making friends!

The Queen gave me a concerned look as Loche held me tighter by the waist. "Is there any food that you have prepared for us? My wife needs whatever you have to offer," Loche asked them as the Queen nodded her head quickly. Agh, how embarrassing.

"I am sorry," I apologized as they lead us over to a few comfortable-looking seats and a small table. "I just-"

Loche growled lowly in his throat, looking at me as if I was about to say something wrong. "You do not have to explain anything to them," he did sharply as I glanced at the King and Queen. King Sirus's eyes looked as if they were darkening but he quickly took a deep breath and seemed to be okay again.

"No...um meat please," I added as we all sat. Loche and I sat on the same couch but the King and Queen of Lycea did not. Tis odd...

My eyes soaked up the food on the table. It was filled with sweets! Yes! I knew I was going to like this place. Chocolates! Everything looked so good I was getting ready to eat everything before I realized something.

I began to put some vegetables and little pieces of bread on my plate as Loche watched me to eat...but the moment he looked away I grabbed the largest sweet and was ready to eat it.

"Estelle." I glanced to Loche to see him glaring at me. He did not like me eating too many sweets, supposedly I become restless and such...I think he is lying and he just does not want to see me enjoy life. Instead of being rude and eating it in front of him, I brought it up to his lips. I was mourning inside that he got to eat it, but I love him so I suppose it will not be that bad. He stared at me as if I was not sane. He fed me before, how come I could not feed him?

Loche's cheeks reddened and I tried to stop a laugh as he quickly ate it. "Isn't it delightful?" I questioned as he did not reply to me, just pulled me closer as King Sirus watched us with an unreadable expression. They did not seem like they liked each other much...

Queen Esmeralda took a deep breath before she cleared her throat. "My condolences to your father," she said with a saddened expression on her face. I was surprised that she looked so upset...did she know Loche's father? I glanced to Loche to see that his eyes were shifting a bit. "It must be difficult losing a loved one so quickly. I understand that pain," she said with her voice cracking a bit. The darkness seemed to be swallowing her up now...

"I took joy in killing my father, Queen Esmeralda," Loche smiled as the Queen's eyes widened. She looked horrified. King Sirus was staring at her closely, his jaw tightening a bit. Oh no...I do not think talking about the deaths of parents was a good thing to talk about. Especially when my mother was gone, Loche's parents were also gone and I am sure that...oh my. Queen Esmerelda's parents were killed...by her husband or well his army maybe? I am not sure but this certainly was not the time to talk about such things.

Queen Esmerelda gasped. "Ex...excuse me?" She looked as if she was about to take a sweet and maybe either hit Loche with it or maybe her husband. I would maybe hit Loche with a pillow but never her husband. He might try to kill me. "You murdered the man who gave you everything?" She shrieked.

Loche's body tensed and I could tell that Gaul was quickly approaching. We really did not need him here causing awful things. I am sure that he will not like King Sirus and night even try to burn him up.

"He has given me nothing and in return, I gave him peace in the depths of hell where he belongs," Loche spat as I cringed. I did not like how he was talking. I had to distract him.

I quickly grabbed a sweet that was covered in some type of white substance. It smelled sweet, and hopefully, it was good. "Look at this one," I smiled, as I brought it up to his lips. I was surprised to see his eyes were so close to his dragon form right now. Why was Loche acting so hostile? He growled before he opened his mouth. Oh...sharp teeth. He tore into the sweet eating it quickly and I felt the need to laugh. Then he licked at my fingers. Agh! This was definitely Gaul showing his true colors.

King Sirus cleared his throat, and began to stand up. The Queen visibly flinched away. "Loche, let me show you around the castle while the women get to know each other better." Loche sighed, and I glanced at him. He put on a very false smile towards King Sirus before leaning in close to me.

"Do not tell her all of our information...and no more sweets," Loche whispered in my ear as I nodded my head quickly. I know it is awful to lie but I cannot just sit here and not eat the sweets. What kind of fae does he take me as?

I smiled at him, trying to avoid his eyes. If I looked him in the eyes he would know! "Okay...I promise."

The moment Loche and the Lycan King left, I began to eat the pastries. They were so good and I felt as if I have not eaten much for the past few days! I noticed that the human Queen was just staring at me and I smiled a bit embarrassed. "I promised Loche that I would not overdo it with the sweets but I have not had any in so long! Those dragons...all they eat is meat and rice," I explained to her as she began to laugh a bit. I wondered when the last time she smiled...I am sure it was a long time ago. She seemed so sad.

"So how long have you two been married?" She questioned me as I continued on my mission to devour all of the sweets that made me happy. If only Juni was here so that she could taste these wonderful things!

I realized she asked me an important question and I felt like crying. I really do not remember. "Oh um well...a few weeks maybe or a few months," I explained to her as her eyebrows began to scrunch in confusion. She thought I was confusing her but I am sure I am just confusing myself... I know it only had to be maybe a few weeks or maybe a month. I feel like I have been with Loche much longer... Thinking about everything was making my head beginning to ache and that pain quickly traveled towards my back. I stifled a whimper and set my plate down slowly.

The Queen gave me a look of concern and I smiled at her. "Are you okay?" She asked as I nodded my head quickly. Even though I wanted to take a nap I had to tell her yes. It was my duty to be a good Queen and talk to this Queen who seemed extremely sad. "How did you two meet? How long did he court you?"

Agh...well I wish I was courted by Loche. I am sure that would be fun. I could get to know him better and maybe we could have even taken a walk in the meadows... "Loche did not court me. He had a choice to chose between me and my two sisters...he was supposed to choose my oldest sister. She was perfect for him. But...he chose me," I explained to him. What if he has chosen Dina instead...the thought made me upset. Dina would be kissing him and such not me. Tis a crazy thought...

"So you were thrust into this Queen position?" Yes! No one bothered really to tell me how to be a Queen but Loche will help me. He has been helping me and Cael and General Iona help too.

"Well...I suppose," I smiled at her as she seemed to be relieved that I was not groomed and trained on how to be a Queen. I suppose she had to be groomed to be Queen if she is the only heir to the human kingdom? But what happens now...since King Sirus took over?

"Are you with child yet?" She asked me as I began to blush. I wish I was. Tis would be exciting to finally have our dragon sprite baby. Or well babies. I suppose I will be with child a lot if we wanted to get to twelve...

"Well no. I actually just heard...how we have babies. I was taught a different way then...well before we were married someone explained the proper way," I explained to her as she gave me a confused look. Agh, have I just embarrassed myself in front of a possible friend? She most likely thinks I am not sane.

She leaned into me with interest. "What...do you mean a different way?" I could not explain to her how I thought children were made. It embarrassed me just to think of how naive I was. I could not tell a foreign Queen that... I shook my head focusing on something else. Not about seeds or dragon sprite babies...

"So...did he force himself on you? Did you enjoy it?" She questioned softly as my eyes widened. Could she be talking about the forbidden acts? Is this what human women normally speak about?! Why would Loche force me to do the forbidden acts? I am sure it would not be a nice experience...

The darkness seemed to cover her when I brought that up. I can heal outside wounds but I wished maybe to heal her inside wounds. She was much too dark for a person whose smile was so beautiful.

I would tell her the truth though, she seemed very intrigued about all of this. "Well...no. I-I don't usually talk about such things," I admitted as I gasped. Loche was going to end me...was I speaking too much to her about things she was not supposed to know? "But we have not done anything as of yet."

She seemed confused about that. I wondered when she and the Lycan King must have done the forbidden acts. I wondered if she enjoyed it but I could not possibly ask that question. I wondered what she thought about the Lycan King naked. I know I like Loche's body but that certain part of his does look very weird.

"But how? Why?" She questioned as I felt another wave of exhaustion hit me. I stifled a yawn. Tis rude to do so while speaking with someone.

Now I have to explain this to her. "I do not have my wings. My father was furious when Loche chose me all he asked is that he keep my virtue till my wings come in. That signifies that I am a woman," I explained to her as I frowned. What if my wings get stuck and I can never experience Loche and the wonderfulness of the forbidden acts? What if I did get my wings and it was not fun like I thought the forbidden acts would be like?! Agh. I will just try harder for my wings to come in...or well hope harder. Tis all I can do.

"That...is interesting. When do you think you will get them?"

I will be an old fae woman with beautiful gray hair by the time my wings come it seems. I wondered when was the age that people stop doing the forbidden acts. "Any day now. My back aches constantly so that is a very good sign. I think Loche wants them to come any moment now too. He says he despises sleeping in bed with me and not being able to touch me. Yet he always holds me when we sleep. I do not understand. Dragon men are very odd." I think I am saying too much again...but I like her.

I seemed to make the Queen laugh again and I prided myself in that. She put her hand to her head "Estelle, he means to have...intercourse with you. That is all men love to do with their women." Tis not true, Loche enjoys holding me and growling occasionally at me.

"Oh... My sister Juni tells me that it is alright to kiss him. His eyes get very bright, and his hands ball into fists. I have no idea what I am doing in my marriage," I admitted to her. It was true that I did not know much about marriage but Loche and I love and trust one another so I suppose that is good enough and I just mentioned kissing to her not...what else he did thy one time. I do not think I can ever admit that to anyone. Maybe I could tell Winona. I am sure I already mentioned it to her.

Queen Esmerelda seemed to agree with me as she nodded her head enthusiastically. "I understand.... completely. Especially when your husband is another...creature. I do not know their ways that well."

Yes, dragon people are much different than us fae that was for sure. "Yes, me too. They are a very fierce people. My own people are very gentle and whimsical. Getting Loche to calm down is a very hard job. I try to distract him as much as possible." Which I just had to do with a powdery sweet. Maybe I can use sweets and my lips to calm Loche down more often. I always have my lips to use but sweets I would constantly need next to me.

"We should write one another," Queen Esmerelda announced as I clapped my hands together happily. Juni does not write me letters even though she has promised to do so. It would be fun for Queen Esmerelda to do so. Plus Loche will become very busy just like father. I only ever see him at night...it seems. Sometimes more.

"Yes! It gets very lonely where I am. Loche is hardly ever near me..." I said to her as I muttered a few other things. "B-but um, anywho, yes. I am surrounded by men it will be nice to have letters from someone other than my sisters," I smiled at her. I could not make her think that my sisters are awful for not sending me letters...so I lied a bit.

"Well every letter helps lonesomeness," she agreed as I went to grab my plate again. I felt very odd and shaky and I grabbed my fork getting ready to eat some more...but my hands felt too weak and it fell from my grasp. Agh!

The nice human Queen went to go pick it up and I was getting ready to say something but I just felt extremely too tired. I felt myself beginning to slowly lie back...this seat was very comfy. We should own like this...

"Estelle? Queen Estelle?" Who was calling me? Whoever was it was, I felt awful because my eyes began to close against my will...

*****************
Very, very, very long chapter.
Who is enjoying our antisocial dragon and overlysocial fae make royal friends?🤣Thoughts on the Lycan king and queen if you haven't read their book already?

If you want to read their story it's 'Queen of the Beasts' on my profile. It is not as happy as this book warning😅

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

923 8 107
{{CURRENTLY UNDERGOING EDITING}} A kingdom across the sea, a man in pain clawing at a hated king who bears two shadows who protect him. A child, born...
560K 17.3K 34
You all know the old fairy-tale's where an evil and cruel dragon kidnaps the princess because of her beauty and then knights in shinning armour arriv...
20.3K 808 26
Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarnated as Queen Estella de Royalis, the vil...
48.1K 3.2K 63
( UNEDITED ) First Place Holder in Writer's Choice Awards 2020 ☘️ " I didn't know that you were my would be wife", I clear my throat and said coldly...