On Our Block

Por Rainha_Ray

Jamal's older cousin comes to Freeridge to finish high school, if you thought Monse was a problem starter the... Más

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twentyone
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two(important Changed Ending!)
'Our New Block' Is Up!!!
New Question
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three *
Chapter Forty Four *
Chapter Forty Five*
Chapter Forty Six*
Chapter Forty Seven*
Chapter Forty Eight*

Chapter Thirty Seven

586 21 0
Por Rainha_Ray

Amara POV

I wake up to someone shaking me, I open my eyes and see Monse, I give a small smile and stand up hugging her. She squeezes me back and I pull away smiling.

Me:How are you doing? You look great!

Monse:Thank you! And I've missed you so much! Where's Omar?

I sigh and sit back down, she frowns and sits next to me. I push my braids from my face and look at her.

Me:Omar was taken a month and half ago, me, him and Oscar were on the beach... And we both turned our heads and when we turned back he was being snatched away into a car. We've been searching for him since.

Monse:Oh my God! I'm so sorry Amara! Does the police have a lead?

Me:They officially pushed the case onto the back burners yesterday.

It's silent for a second before I smile and look at her.

Me:But hows school going? You still loving it?

Monse:Yeah, we share a lot of stuff, it's good to not have to go through a testosterone filter with everything.

Me:I bet, but I'm glad you really like it.

Monse:Are you going to the party at my house this weekend?

Me:Nah, I'm not in the mood for people to tip toe around me. Or try to horribly get my mind off of everything.

Monse:I understand, but how's Oscar doing?

I nod.

Me:He's doing good, Lydia is here. Isabelle made me her guardian, so there's that and, once we find Omar we are moving.

She leans back eyes wide before looking at me, I lean back and nod.

Me:Yeah, it's been a lot going on.

I hear the door open and I see Oscar walk in with food trays, he looks over and sees us and he gives Monse a small smile.

Monse:Hi, Oscar.

Oscar:Hey, Monse, good to see you.

Monse:Yeah, I like the hair.

He chuckles and runs his hands through it. Just then Lydia starts to scream, I shake my head.

Me:Seems like she knows when papi is within forty feet. I'll grab her.

I get up and walk up the stairs and I grip the banister my head feeling light. I walk into my room and see her squirming, I grab the bottle on the edge of the table from the cup warmer and I pick her up, I put the bottle down and grab a diaper and grab the changing pad. Once she's cleaned up I grab her bottle and walk downstairs her little nails scratching at my chest. I see Oscar messing with tamales and I sit back down Monse gasps seeing her.

Monse:She's so beautiful! Oscar has some strong genes.

I chuckle and press a small kiss to her cheek and she moves to look at me I give a smile and mouth wow to her, she gives a smile and squeals.

Me:Yeah, they're lucky they can pull it off, I don't know about the father.

Oscar:Whatever. Here eat something, give her to me.

We switch and I thank him, Monse stands up and tells us she'll be around later. As I eat Oscar feeds Lydia.

Oscar:I may know where Omar is.

I look up at him and he continues to look at her.

Oscar:Me, Manny and Dj were riding down Stoneman st. alley and we seen a house we didn't notice, well more like garage but it has a side door. It also has a 187 on it. We are going to check it out later on.

Me:What makes you think Omar is there out of all places?

Oscar:I just have a feeling, we all did.

I nod. I trust the three so I'll let it be.

Me:Be careful.

Oscar:Aren't I always?

I give him a look and he gives a small nod with a slight smile.

Oscar:I don't know if I told you this yet-

Me:You probably already have, you talk a lot.

He shakes his head with a chuckle and I scoot closer to him and put a piece of the tamale in his mouth before pecking his lips.

Me:I love you too, and this is no problem, and yes you're still an amazing father, no I don't accept your apology and yes I would like a new computer for Christmas.

He laughs and I smile kissing his cheek before standing up.

Me:Bring her up once you get done. I'm about to go lay down.

I put the plate into the dish washer before heading up the stairs. I lay down in my bed and sigh, lord please give me my son back and I'll do right by him, more than I usually do just please put him in my hands alive and safe.

------------------------

I wake up to someone walking into my bathroom, I sit up and I blink at the bright light, before rubbing my eyes to clear them. I see a roughed up Oscar I sit up completely and I see him strip before getting into the shower. I stand up and tip toe into the bathroom and as I do notice the blood on the face bowl and his clothes, I pick them up and throw them into a small garbage bag, I grab some hydrogen peroxide and paper towels and start to clean the blood up, before wiping it down with rubbing alcohol. I look over at him and see him with his head underneath the waterfall. I grab the first aid kit and walk back into the room, I grab some of his clothes and put them on the counter and leave out closing the door.

When he steps out, he walks over and sits on the bed, his shirt off. I reach to turn on the light but he cuts me off.

Oscar:Keep it off.

I nod and just depend on the bathrooms light, I grab his hands seeing them busted, I make sure to wipe them down and put some ointment on it before wrapping them. Doing the same to his right this one in the worst condition. I see he got cut on the chest and I bandage it all, I clean his busted lip and I break one of the ice packs before shaking it putting it on his jaw.

Oscar:We found him.

I look up to his face and see he's serious, I bring him into a tight hug, his arms wrap around me as I try to keep my sob in so I just squeeze him even harder.

Me:Thank you, thank you, God thank you so much. I love you.

He kisses my jaw before I pull away.

Me:Where is he? Why isn't he here? Do we have to tell the police-

Oscar:He's at the hospital, getting checked over, they'll call the police and they'll call us. We couldn't bring him home right away because that'll bring unwanted questions. We handled it. We will see him tomorrow.

I nod and I wipe my eyes before sitting down next to him. I kiss his cheek and lay my head on his shoulder.

Me:Thank you, Oscar.

Oscar:I told you I'd do anything for you guys. You're all I have. Especially for those two.

I nod before I pull him to lay down, the quicker we sleep the quicker I can see my baby.

_________________

I wake up to someone knocking on my door. I tell them to come in and I see it's my mom, Oscar sits up off my chest and we look at her.

Mom:The police are at the door, they want to speak to you two.

I nod and she closes the door and we get up, Oscar puts on a shirt and we head down stairs, we see Hammel and another cop, he has a smile on his face.

Me:Surprised to see you here after the news you delivered the other day.

Hammel:Yes, but we come with good news, Omarion was found in the hospital parking lot, someone dropped him off  there. He's okay just beat up and we are looking for those who took him.

Me:Can we see him?

Hammel:Yes, you can pick him up.

My people all exhale and start to celebrate and I rush up the stairs I shower quickly before throwing on some clothes. I see Oscar already dressed Lydia in his hand in the car seat. We head down stairs and we all head out. Once we make it to the hospital, another officer is waiting for us and leads up to the pedeatrics and he stops at a door with another officer standing guard he opens the door for us and we rush in, I see my baby sleeping an IV in his arm, his black eye is gone but his lip is busted and he has a scratch on his cheek his hands are scrapped up like he's fallen. I rush to his bed and check over his entire body, his knees are messed up too, he has a bruise on his thigh and calf. What did they do to my baby? I kiss his forehead, I close my eyes trying to keep my tears at bay.

Omar:Mommy? Papi?

I move and look down at him and I smile seeing his sleepy eyes widen more and he leans up into my arms I laugh and hug him tightly, I feel Oscar behind me hugging us, I hear him talking to him and Omar nodding against my neck I know he's looking at Oscar he always watches his father no matter what. I sit down on the bed and he leans into my body Oscar sits next to me and rubs his hands up and down his face.

Me:We are so sorry this happened to you baby. We're so sorry.

Omar:It's okay, mommy.

Me:No it's not baby. No one should have had you but mommy and Papi. No one should be hurting you.

Omar:But Papi found me. He beat them up with God-pops and uncle Dj. I even helped!

I shake my head and chuckle.

Me:I'm proud of you baby, you did right, you all did.

I pull him tighter against me rubbing his head. I look at Oscar and I grab his hand, he grips it tighter and he rubs Omar's back. Soon a nurse comes in and tells us that once his IV is finished he can leave, we're told to keep an eye on his cuts and to make sure he's hydrated and get a lot of sleep and rest.

Once my family, Ray and Cesar sees him they all head home but I lay with him, Oscar sitting on the side feeding Lydia.

Me:Who was it?

I see him look at me from my peripheral but I keep my eyes on Omar my hand rubbing his back.

Oscar:Don't worry about it.

I look at him and I see his eyes drop to Lydia. I lean back and speak.

Me:Please, Oscar. I never ask you for anything.

I see him grit his teeth and looks back at me.

Oscar:Tyree, he and his cousins are in 187. They thought that they were getting back at me and Cesar thinking we ran the Santos together. His stupid ass was stalking us for months to get him, the only reason he didn't kill him is because he doesn't kill kids, but if he was a teenager... I lost before he could finish.

I shake my head starting to sit up but Omar whines and clings to me more.

Oscar:Don't worry about it. The idiots got what they were looking for and now we ain't gonna worry about any of this anymore. I asked a few of the guys to start packing up the house. Once Omar is out of here we can get that house settled and we can get your apartment done.

I nod.

Me:I need to talk to Manny, he's gonna need a roommate probably with his immature ass.

He chuckles and shakes his head.

Oscar:He's coming with us. Your grandfather helped me out with a closed down space that was a restaurant before in Chicago in the west something...

Me:West loop? That's a good area, Os. So you're okay with Chicago?

He leans back and nods as he looks at both kids.

Oscar:I'd do anything to make sure they're okay, I don't want them to grow up on Freeridge streets. We both have careers in front of us and they need that positive direction.

I nod agreeing before I chuckle.

Me:Funny you say that, because if I recall correctly, you told me that -

Oscar:Aye, no one asked you to recall anything.

I laugh and I look back at the IV drip and see it's empty. I press the nurse button and after a few seconds a guy comes in and checks the IV before removing it from his arm and putting a bandaid on his arm. I grab the clothes my mom bought with and I change him, he's gonna take a real bath once he gets home. I start to pick him up but Oscar shakes his head taking him from me giving me Lydia. I take her and Oscar grabs her car seat and we leave out. The cops walking with us, I see a few cameras snapping photos of us but we make it to the car and drive off.

Once we make it home, Oscar lays Omar down and I take his shoes off after laying Lydia down. I step back and sigh, my chest finally easing up.

Oscar:You okay? You haven't spoken since we left the hospital.

I nod and turn to him, I pull him into another hug and he sighs and hugs me back just as tight.

Me:You don't know how grateful I am for you, for giving me him, for helping me raise him and going out there and bringing him home by whatever means necessary. You've done so much in your life Oscar but you still remain a great person and I'm glad I'm raising a boy with such a man and now a daughter. You've proven to me many times how you'd risk your life for us and I want you to know that we are in this together even if we aren't together, just know I'll always have your back and on your side no matter what.

I pull away from him and he stares at me, I smile and wipe the tear from my eye and I bring his lips to mine in a soft but solid kiss. He holds my waist and he pulls away and presses his forehead to mine.

Oscar:Let's get some much needed sleep, before they wake up.

I nod and we quickly change into shorts before getting into bed, Omar in my arms with Oscar behind me his arm over me and on Omar's stomach, I run my hand over his hair and sigh.

Me:You're gonna have to cut his hair, they just chopped his shit off.

Oscar:It'll get done now, sleep and stop worrying.

Me:Yeah, yeah.

I kiss Omar's head one more time before dozing off.

_______

Mom:It's the holidays! Not to mention your birthday week you guys can't leave just yet! I'm sure everyone wants to see you guys.

I look at her and my father as they get the liquor ready, my uncle in the living room waiting.

Me:We aren't leaving just yet ma. And besides it's nothing special about turning 22, and besides it's not a party that's appropriate for kids, I've talked to Monse if the crew wants to see me they'll know where I'll be. It's literally just a phone call away and I told Monse I'd be here.

Dad:Don't let this take your youth Amara, you and Oscar have been stressing for a while now, it's time to relax and enjoy.

Me:I'm fine, you know, partying was never my thing anyway. And I have two kids now it's different if it was just Omar but it's not I have Lydia too and I'm not going to leave either of them any time soon.

My mom sighs and I raise an eyebrow before smiling.

Me:If it makes you feel any better we are having a family custom you guys used to do with me. Watch all Disney and Pixar movies with junk food and hot chocolate with some wine in a pillow fort.

More like me and my mom but you get the point.

Mom:Aww! Please take pictures!

Me:I will. Enjoy the night and don't think about us we are fine. No pity parties. Oscar is about to pick us up and I still have yet to get Lydia ready. Go!

I push them out the door my uncle kisses my forehead and I smile he closes the door and I lock it running up the stairs, I check on a still sleeping Omar and I smile seeing Lydia moving around, I lift her up and walk into the bathroom, I grab her towels and turn on the water making sure its warm before getting her ready for her bath.

Once I'm done with getting everything ready I see Oscar putting it all in the car, I help him and soon everything is ready to go. The kids are strapped in we get in and head to my apartment.

Oscar:How was he today?

I nod, before shrugging.

Me:Normal but he's definitely more clingy and easier to startle, he wasn't as hungry today so hopefully when he wakes up he'll be hungry.

Oscar:Okay. Have you been looking at furniture?

Me:Yes, and you haven't decided on Grey or brown or leather.

Oscar:I hate leather, the shit peels and it's uncomfortable in the heat. Let's go brown.

Me:Okay so  sectional or-

Oscar:Nope that's your area of expertise.

Me:Don't get mad if your big ass is too big for it then.

Oscar:I'll just put it outside and buy some my size.

I cut my eyes at him and he cheeses, I roll my eyes and chuckle. We pull up to my apartment and we get everything and everyone inside before getting the food set up. Omar woke up and has been hanging off Oscar since.

Me:We're watching Corpse Bride first.

Oscar:No we aren't that's a Halloween movie.

Me:I don't remember asking you, I said we are.

I sit down next to him playfully leaning on him, I offer Omar a wing and he takes it, I grab Lydia and bounce her.

Oscar:You can only watch that during Halloween, you don't know when to stop.

I roll my eyes and lean into Omar whispering.

Me:He's just scared.

He giggles and Oscar muffs me. He let's Omar pick which ends up being Lady and the Tramp, not a bad pick. I feel Oscar pull me in closer and I rest my body against his, I pull my phone out and turn it so we're all in the camera. Me and Oscar smile but the two are focused on the tv, I honestly didn't expect for Lydia to pay attention to the movie so early but I'm not complaining.

A few more days a week or two at most and we'll be at our new home. Nothing can ruin this time for me, I won't allow it.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

149K 2.9K 56
Basically this is a FanFiction piece about my favorite Netflix series On My Block, Iʻm not a professional writer so donʻt judge and I may stumble a b...
171K 3.4K 34
izzy ramerez wasn't a santo or a prophet. but that didn't stop her from getting a rep around freeridge. between her no shit attitude or her question...
15.5K 247 33
Elena Garcia and her family move to Freeridge after their father had been fired from work, what happens when she meets Oscar ( Spooky) Diaz and the S...