Beyond The Horizon!

By dvlk2117

💕💕💕 COMPLETED 💕💕💕 Mahima Kale (19), a girl born and brought up in a very small village of Maharashtra... More

A / N: Before You Read!
A / N: Beyond The Horizon CAST!
A / N: Beyond The Horizon SONGS!
Prologue: So much in uncommon!
Chapter 1: What is a Marriage?
Chapter 2: Lord Shiva - Goddess Gauri!
Chapter 3: God's wish or Coincidence?
Chapter 5: Hard Labour!
Chapter 6: Soul Mates in True Sense!
Chapter 7: 10 Kg Rice Sac!
Chapter 8: You make me wanna...
Chapter 9: I love you!
Chapter 10: Marriage in an 'hour'?
Chapter 11: Tit for Tat!
Chapter 12: Over The Top Bickering!
Chapter 13: Halad and Mehendi!
Chapter 14: Grand Wedding Entry!
Chapter 15: Saptapadi - Grihapravesh!
Chapter 16: Impatient Groom!
Chapter 17: Mr. & Mrs. Eric Salvatore!
Chapter 18: '5' YEARS ???
Chapter 19: Little Possessive Wife!
Chapter 20: The Open 'Talk'!
Chapter 21: Passport - Acknowledgement!
Chapter 22: Naughty Tingles - Hottie Shivers!
Chapter 23: Little Shopping Venture!
Chapter 24: A day of fun at Imagica!
Chapter 25: Boarding Pass - Security Check!
Chapter 26: Mile High Club!
Chapter 27: Vegetarian - Non-Vegetarian Meal!
Chapter 28: Scary Questions!
Chapter 29: Sleeping Beauty!
A / N: Character Aesthetic Art!
Chapter 30: The Nocturnal Couple!
Chapter 31: Wedding Gift!
Chapter 32: English Lessons - Dance Classes!
A / N: Black Lions Family!
A / N: Character Aesthetic Art
A / N: That's My Girl!
Chapter 33: Innocent Bride - Impatient Groom!
Chapter 34: Their 'love' story!
Chapter 35 : The Lunch Box!
Chapter 36: Little 'Kitty'!
Chapter 37: Past can't be undone!
Chapter 38: Second Chance!
Chapter 39: The 'plan'!
Chapter 40: Friendship - Suspicions!
Chapter 41: The Plan - The Final Step!
Chapter 42: What if ... ?
Chapter 43: Bittersweet!
Chapter 44: The city of light!
Chapter 45: The Floating City!
Chapter 46: Naughty Surprise!
Chapter 47: Connecting the dots!
Chapter 48: Unexpected Outburst!
Chapter 49: Silent Treatment!
Chapter 50: Cute Little Booties!
Chapter 51: Wonderful Family!
Chapter 52: Eggs, Eggshells and Time-bomb!
Chapter 53: Living The Sweet Memories!
A / N : Fun with BTH Characters!

Chapter 4: The Golden Moment!

5.3K 319 204
By dvlk2117

(Mature Language 18 +; Double Update Chapter 4 and Chapter 5)

That night neither of them could sleep a wink. They kept tossing and turning around in their beds thinking about each other. And why not? Every single second, she was on his mind and he was on hers.

The way she paced back and forth the kitchen and living room setting their meals, the way she prayed to Lord Shiva in the temple, the way she kept stealing glances at him; everything about her was so perfect.

The way his jaw dropped down seeing her, the way he stood in front of her and asked her name, the way he tried to speak Marathi, the way he kept staring at her all evening; everything about him was so magical.

While he kept playing the little audio recording all night that he managed to get when she told him her name, she kept playing with the end of her blanket thinking about him. To say the little dash of redness took the much needed liberty and got comfortable on her soft cheeks would be such an understatement.

Just like she had subtly hinted him to drink warm milk before sleeping, he gulped it down his throat like a good little obedient boy. And now sitting in the centre of the bed, he was making plans of getting her alone with him.

Her revere of thoughts broke when she heard Usha badly coughing in her sleep. This often happened with her and that's the reason Mahima always ensured to put a glass of water under her bed.

"Mahima!"

As her step mother's sharp tone hit her ears, she stood up and sprinted off to their room wondering what this lady wanted now.

"Pani!" (Water!)

Knowing this woman was lazy enough to pick up the glass from under her bed, she heaved a deep sigh and passed her the glass saying, "He gya!" (Take this!)

Gulping down the glass, Usha tried to breathe slowly trying to compose herself while Mahima shifted her gaze to the floor and was lost in his thoughts.

"Kay jhala tula? Evadi lajti kaye?" (What happened to you? Why are you feeling so shy?) Usha asked in a super confused tone and why not? This was the first time she was seeing Mahima smiling all to herself and feeling so shy.

Of course to say Mahima's eyes popped out of their sockets hearing her step mother's question would be such an understatement

"Mi? Nai! Nai! Aisa kay nahi ahe." (Me? No! No! There is nothing like that.)

And what more could she say other than this little stammering? Could she tell this snake that yes, indeed she has seen the most handsome man in this world? Could she tell this fox that yes, indeed someone outside this village spoke to her like a normal person? Or could she tell this witch that yes, indeed she started feeling some sweet strange things inside her body since she saw Eric?

So, stammering and denying everything was the only and the safest option!

Even before she could say something else, Usha raised her hand with an irritated look playing on her face and gestured her to leave the room right away.

Going back in the living room, she lay down on the thick blanket on which she always slept and closed her eyes secretly thanking god for giving her a reason to smile heartily.

* * *

Considering it was Tuesday of Shravan month and she was keeping 'Mangal Gauri Vrat' today, she woke up early and offered her prayers before 6 that morning. Well, to be honest, she couldn't sleep all night but kept tossing and turning around with a wide shy smile playing on her face.

Even while praying, she had a tough time not to get his thoughts dancing in her mind.

After offering her prayers to Lord Shiva and Goddess Gauri in the temple, she and Kulkarni kaka made their way to the bungalow discussing how he had spoken to Abhimanyu regarding her 1 hour leave in the morning and evening.

She was elated to learn that there was no problem with her taking leave till the chores were done and everything was arranged by time. Kaka conveyed that she could visit the temple at 10 in the morning after the men left for their work and at 4 in the evening before they returned back home.

That way she could easily visit the temple, offer her prayers and also do her chores without any problems. Last night was not an issue as she returned home by 8 in the night. If she had returned early or stayed up late then she would have had to listen to Usha and her cruel words.

In a way, she was glad working here. And why not? She was staying away from that vicious woman and she couldn't be more happy about it. As decided earlier, kaka would be returning back to his work after dropping her in the bungalow and in the night he would be back again to take her home.

It was around 6:15 a.m. when she reached the bungalow. Her eyes crinkled in surprise seeing Xavier sitting in the open air balcony and speaking to someone. She thought the men would be sleeping but how wrong she was when she saw Abhimanyu coming out of the bungalow wiping his face with a towel.

As Xavier waved his hand and greeted her good morning, she smiled brightly and did 'namaste' wishing him a good morning too but in her language.

Wondering if she was late, she asked Abhimanyu the same thing. She heaved a sigh of relief and started with her chores when he told her that there was no hurry and they woke up early because they were early birds unlike Eric.

The mere mention of this man and she couldn't stop the blood rushing to her cheeks. She had no idea what kind of an effect he had on her but, she was enjoying every bit of it.

Rushing into the kitchen she put some fresh milk to boil and grabbed the broom without making any noise. Fifteen minutes had passed by the time she finished sweeping the lower floor bedrooms and kitchen.

Figuring out she could start preparing for breakfast at 7:30, she thought of mopping the lower area before heading to his room on the first floor. She was so quiet and fast in her works that it was impossible to realise when she did her tasks.

Placing two cups of tea and a plate of cookies in the tray, she headed towards the garden to give Abhimanyu and Xavier their morning tea.

Grabbing the broom and the mop stick, she headed upstairs ever so slowly taking unsure steps. The mere thought of staying on the same floor with him alone got her heart pounding in her chest.

And why not? With people around on the same floor last night, he went to the extent of almost flirting with her and had asked her name. And now, with no one around who knows what all he could do.

Gulping heavily, she peeked at his room ever so slowly and heaved a huge sigh of relief when she saw him sleeping like a baby. His face seemed so innocent and she couldn't stop that soft smile taking room on her pretty face.

Without making any noise she stepped into his room. She knew looking at someone while they were sleeping was wrong on so many levels but she had no idea why couldn't she stop herself. There was something about him that she couldn't resist this strange magnetic pull towards him.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she had no clue when she ended up standing this close to his bed. But did her little inquisitive heart stop there? Nope!

The way his hair waved in sync with the morning breeze and kept caressing his forehead every now and then that she wanted to run her fingers through his hair forever. She had no idea what came over her or what kind of naughty devil possessed her, because the next thing she knew was forwarding her hand towards his silky blackish brown hair.

And just when she was about to touch his hair ever so innocently, the little sane fragment in her mind rose up screaming how wrong this was. Stepping back in a jerk, she shook her head and mentally gave her own self a good bashing.

She had no clue why she behaved like that. She had never behaved like this with anyone. Hell with that, she was so shy and never even stood in front of a man. And now, what the hell was she about to do? What was wrong with her? How could she behave so irresponsibly?

Blinking her eyes she was just about to turn around and mind her own business when her gaze fell on pillows thrown all around the bed. Twisting her lips a little she rolled her eyes wondering who was more childish; this huge man or her 13 years old brother, Ankit. Even this boy threw pillows all around every single time and she was always vexed up putting things in place.

Shaking her head a little, she started picking them up and placing them over the bed. Hunching a little forward she looked at his handsome face for a few more seconds before stepping away. But who was she kidding?

Even before she could go away, out of nowhere he held her hand and to say her heart sunk into her boots would be such an understatement. She was hell scared and super embarrassed for being caught red-handed. As she gathered the little ounce of courage she was left with and turned around to look at him, he eyed her head to toe making her squirm under his intense gaze.

It practically felt like he was mentally undressing her and for some strange weird reason she scared and loved it at the same time.

What's going on Mahima?

And as if it wasn't enough, he tightened his grip on her hand when she tried to pull it away. When she crinkled her eyes a little as if subtly requesting him to let her go, he smirked and directed her hand towards his hair saying, "This is what you wanted to do sweetheart! Then what's stopping you?"

Even though she didn't understand what he said but the way he touched his hair with her fingers spoke everything. To say she wanted the earth to split up and sink her in forever would be just nothing. She was so embarrassed at her own behaviour and literally wanted to disappear into thin air quickly.

Jerking his hand away, she turned around to sprint off the room as soon as possible. But it looks like this poor girl had clearly underestimated this beast.

Before she could run away, he grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him without any second thoughts.

And why wouldn't he? He saw a little ray of hope and being the shameless impatient man that he is, it would be a blunder if he didn't make profit out of this little situation.

As the little inertia played it naughty role, she landed straight on his hard chest. With her eyes as wide as saucers she looked into his blackish brown eyes only to find a tinge of naughtiness playing shamelessly.

With a naughty smirk playing on his face, he lingered his gaze from her eyes till her luscious lips wondering how sweet they would taste while she continued to stare at him breathing heavily.

And why not? He totally gave her the biggest shock of her life and she had no clue why the hell she was enjoying this.

True, when it came to him it seemed that her mind, body and heart were not really on the same page. While her mind screamed to move away from him, her heart screamed his name in unknown pleasure. And don't even get me started about her body. Yes, when it came to him; her body proved out to be the biggest traitor she had ever had.

Ending up in the arms of a man whom she met just a day before is so weird, surprising and unacceptable. But what caught her off guard more was her reaction to it. Instead of running away or slapping him all she did was getting lost in his mesmerizing eyes and intense touches.

What was wrong with her? Why was she behaving like this?

To make matters worse for her, he gently caressed her cheek saying, "You are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on."

And now what was she supposed to say?

Did she understand English? Nope!

But yes, with the way he smirked at her and held her caressing her cheeks, it wasn't difficult for her to think he was talking about her. For sure, she didn't exactly know what he said but still she could deduce that this man was flirting with her.

Because come on, there are many other languages other than the ones we people speak. A language that a heart speaks, a language that a brain speaks, a language that a mind speaks, a language that a body speaks and a language that a hormone speaks!

For sure there was a language barrier between the two but for some reason, they could clearly relate what the other was saying.

The way his hands lingered over her arms, the way his blackish brown eyes were stuck on her beautiful face, the way his chest rose up and down; everything spoke how desperate he was to keep her caged in his arms forever.

The way her delicate fingers unknowingly traced patterns on his shoulders, the way her wide big round eyes were stuck on his handsome face, the way her chest heaved ever so heavily; everything spoke how much she wanted to find solace in his arms for the rest of her life.

And as the magic of sweet love, huge attraction and naughty desires worked on their hypnotised souls, he slowly pulled her more towards him and she simply gave in like an obedient student. Their faces were just a few inches away from one another and their breath fanned one another's face igniting their desires more than ever.

It was such a magical and captivating moment that all their sane fragments of mind had already jumped out of the window screaming, 'This is your moment guys!'

And why not?

A man who never believed in love or marriage, a man who only saw women as one night stands, a man who knew every bit of all types of love making was now dying to see this girl's face every morning and every night. He wanted her to be close to him. He wanted to be the anchor to her wobbling life.

A woman who always believed that Lord Shiva will send someone special in her life who will love her and keep her safe all throughout their lives, a woman who wanted to enjoy a beautiful married life in the future, a woman who had no idea about physical intimacy was now loving the idea of being with this man every single day.

What was happening to them?

Lost in their thoughts, their faces ended up so close to each other that one slight forward movement and their lips would touch one another. As if on cue, a dash of heavy pink started spreading on her cheeks and her eyes closed automatically giving him a golden key to proceed further.

This was finally their moment.

A golden moment of their first kiss!

But poor couple, even before they could give into their hearts' naughty desire and drench one another in the magic of first tiny step of intimacy, Xavier's loud laughing on phone reverberated all around the house breaking their golden moment in just a flip of a second.

As that little sane fragment of mind returned back, she gasped and jerked away feeling majorly embarrassed while he threw his head back and cursed his best friend who was still talking to Charlotte on phone.

To say he wanted to choke Xavier to death with all his being for spoiling their golden moment would be such a major understatement.

But he knew, he had another matter to handle first. Even before he could grab her hand again and resume what they were about to do, she bit her lip for a few seconds and sprinted off the room leaving him all confused and frustrated.

* * *

To say she cursed herself over and over again standing in the kitchen would be just nothing. She was so mad at herself for behaving like a woman who had no control on herself. She held herself responsible for everything.

And why not? If she had controlled her little urge of going near him then it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

For sure she was surprised with her own behaviour but all in all she was so shocked thinking what would have happened if Xavier hadn't laughed so loudly bringing her back to the real world. To say she was truly grateful to god would be such an understatement.

Joining her hands, she raised her head and thanked god for sending Xavier like an angel at the right time. Tears pooled in her eyes thinking how her fast would have lost all its importance with one kiss.

True! It is believed that the woman who was fasting should not engage in any type of sexual activity. Well, some say, kissing and hugging is allowed but those who come from pure orthodox families, still consider it as a huge sin. The married women practically live a celibate life whenever they are fasting for whatever reason.

And as the little reality struck her mind, her sweet little heart wept even more! She knew no matter what, he won't be marrying her or was going to spend his life with her and yet, knowing everything she almost gave herself into her heart's desire. How could she ignore this little fact? He won't be here forever. The day his work is over, he would be returning back to wherever he came from. Then why was she getting attached to him? Why couldn't she behave sensibly?

Wiping her tears away, she started making 'sabudana khichdi' for breakfast. Grabbing the 'sabudana', also called as Indian sago, from the cabinet where she had put them for soaking last night, she took 2 boiled potatoes, a few green chillies and a few frigs of coriander.

Still lost in her heart wrenching thoughts, she mechanically prepared their breakfast without even moving from her place.

But little did she know that someone was standing at the end of the kitchen with a concerned and a grim look playing on his face. And to say his heart broke into zillion pieces would be such an understatement.

And he knew let what may happen, he was going to win her heart and turn those tiny tears into beautiful pearls!

* * *

So, how was the chapter? Do drop in your views. What do you think will happen next? Will they give into their hearts' desire and kiss? Thank you so much for your votes and comments!

NOTE: Chapter 5 is OUT!

Much Love,

Manasa DVLK!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 1.7K 14
BOOK ONE OF THE SUGAR AND SWEET SERIES Vanya Sharma hated marriages. Growing up seeing troubled and failed marriages carved a bitter spot in her hear...
75.4K 4K 32
❝ Roses are dead, love is fake, weddings are basically funerals with cake. ❞ Meet Akriti Marwaha, a gynecologist who loves to always keep her family...
1M 68.3K 49
"Mr Mehra you are in no position to interfere in my matters. I could have handled the situation by myself without you getting involved in it. I am co...
206K 13.3K 66
"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his heart to me along ago." She said looking a...