Night Changes [N.H]

By saluteperrie

When Alyssa Thomas goes off to college, she is left heartbroken after a messy breakup with her unfaithful ex... More

Introduction & A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101/Epilogue

Chapter 49

7.6K 167 32
By saluteperrie

Chapter 49

I had to admit that I was almost a bit disappointed when I saw Lou's rental car pull up to the station at a mere two thirty in the morning. 

I didn't want to face what was waiting for me back at the hotel. 

"Oh my god, Alyssa," she said as she pushed the glass doors open, reflecting the light from inside. "What did you do?"

"I honestly don't know," I said. She pulled me in for a hug. "Do you want to see my mugshot?"

"Come on, let's get back to the hotel, everybody was so worried about you. They still are," she said, tugging on my arm. 

"I just got arrested," I said. "You think I can just walk out of here?"

We spent another twenty minutes getting everything in order so that I could legally leave. I got my bag back, with my phone, that had dozens of missed calls and texts. 

"Bye, Alyssa. It was nice to meet you," the officer said. 

"Your son likes One Direction?" I asked, recalling an earlier conversation. He nodded. "You'll be hearing about me real soon." I winked. Lou and I walked back into her car. 

"What the hell happened?" She asked as I went into the car. 

"Look at my mugshot," I said, holding it out for her to see. "My son will never believe me." When Lou didn't look right away, I held it in my lap so I could look at it again.

"Shut up about your mugshot! What did you do to get arrested? This isn't funny!" She said as I continued to laugh at my mugshot. 

"It actually is pretty funny," I said. I told her everything that had happened, how I wasn't allowed in the floor of my room because the guard didn't think I was part of the crew, and how I ended up getting arrested. 

She was just as confused as I was. 

"That doesn't make any sense," She said. "You needed to have done something illigal to get arrested."

"That's what I thought too!" I said. "Can we just tell everybody that I had to go to jail and you had to bail me out? I want to at least get a good story out of this."

"No, I won't!" She said more aggressively. "You are responsible for another life now! You can't just go about getting arrested!"

"I didn't do anything wrong!" I shot back. "It was that stupid guard!"

"Do you know how worried everybody was? Niall thought that you ran off, he was in tears. I thought that you got abducted, and everybody else had different ideas. I'll have you know everybody was worried out of their minds, and you're acting like it's no big deal. You have his baby."

I sat for a second in silence, the only noise was the car engine and the wind. The roads were empty at this hour. 

Maybe I was being a bit selfish about this, but none of it was my fault. All I wanted to do was go to bed, and now it was 3:30 am. 

"I didn't think that any of this was going to happen," I said. "It's not my fault."

"I'm not frustrated with you because you made the decision to get arrested, because you didn't, but because you're acting like you don't even care, flaunting your mugshot and wanting me to lie to everybody and say that you were in jail."

I was quiet again. She was right. I knew that we were getting closer to the hotel. I recognized the street from my ride to the station, but things had looked a lot different from inside a cop car. 

"I'm sorry," I said genuinely. "I should be taking this more seriously. But sometimes it's easier just to pretend like it doesn't matter. I've got a lot waiting for me at the hotel."

"I know that you don't want to talk to Niall, and what he did was wrong, but he does care about you," Lou said. 

"He's the reason that I got arrested in the first place," I responded, starting to feel angry. "If stupid Melissa never showed up today and reveal her and Niall's secrets, than I wouldn't have felt so uncomfortable and left the venue early. Then, I could've returned to the hotel with the rest of the crew and not be questioned."

"I'm sorry that this happened to you," Lou said. 

We pulled into the parking lot of the hotel and then walked inside to the lobby. My eyelids felt heavy as we rode the elevator upstairs. 

I was glad to see that there was a new security guard standing guard, and he waved Lou and I right through. I sighed a breath of relief.

A lot of people waited up for me, including Lottie, Harry, and Niall. They were all sitting on the floor in the hallway, knees pressed to their chests. 

"I don't want to talk to you right now," I said, avoiding eye contact with Niall. I watched as Lou took Lottie into a room. Even Harry dispersed into his room after seeing the look on my face. 

"I'm sorry," Niall said. 

"That would've been nice to hear hours ago," I said, opening the door to our room.

"We need to talk," Niall said. 

"No shit," I said, grabbing my pillow and some pajamas. "It's going to have to wait until the morning because it's 3:30 and I'm just a little exhausted."

"I can't go to bed knowing that you're mad at me," he said, watching me gather more of my things. 

"Well then don't," I shot back, and then opened the door to the hallway. 

"Where are you going?" He asked, as if he was surprised.

"I'm going to sleep in Lou's room tonight," I said. "I can't sleep in the same room as you knowing that you're in it."

"No," he said, trying to stop me by grabbing my arm. "Sleep here. I'll go move to another room."

"I'll see you in the morning, Niall," I said, trying to conceal a shake in my voice. Yanking my arm out of his grip, I felt my cheeks heat up as I walked away, but I didn't look back.

Lou's room was a few doors to the right of ours, and I knocked on her door with dread.

"Come on in, Alyssa," she said when she saw me. She had an extra bed in her room since Lux wasn't around for the week. 

"Thanks for letting me sleep here," I said, walking in and throwing my stuff on the bed. 

"It's not a problem," she responded. Without hesitation, I changed into my pajamas and climbed into bed. 

I didn't sleep a wink, in fact, I cried all night. Well, what was left of it. 

Whenever I cried at night, it was always a suppressed cry. I never started bawling at the top of my lungs. I always tried to hide it. 

That's what I spent my entire night doing. Taking small breaths and then letting myself cry.

It was a long night, and an even longer morning. I heard Lou get up at eight. She asked me if I wanted to put the TV on, and handed me the remote. 

I put the TV on and Lou got up to get ready in the bathroom. 

I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed.

I did, however, manage to sit up. I wiped the tears from my eyes. She had only gotten a little over four hours of sleep, and me, none. 

It wasn't long until there was a knock on the door. Lou opened it, but I already knew who it was behind the door. 

I wanted to slouch into bed and pull the covers up over my face and disappear, but I needed to get it together. 

They didn't exchange any words, and then I heard foot steps leading over. 

"Hi," he said. I didn't look at him. My stare was focused on the wall. I could feel my heart starting to beat faster in my chest, and I didn't want to start crying again, but I was in an extremely fragile position. 

My eyes burned as I forced them at the wall. 

He took a few steps closer, and then took a seat on Lou's bed, right across from me. 

"You need to talk to me," he said. 

"How about you talk to me?" I snapped back. "You had plenty of time to talk to me before the show yesterday, but you didn't! You left me with what Melissa had said about you, not even telling me if what I heard was true or not. Then, I try to go back here to go to bed early after an exhausting day, and I'm told that I am not allowed up here and arrested."

I glanced at him for a second, and it physically hurt me. He looked as emotionally strained as me, and I could tell that he didn't sleep last night either. 

"I'm sorry about that, Alyssa, but you left before we could talk" he said. "It's just a hard thing to say-"

"Were you just never going to tell me? Did you assume it would just go away? In case you haven't noticed, it's incredibly hard to keep secrets here, and everything gets out eventually."

"I didn't want to hurt you anymore."

"So you left me? Yeah, because that hurts a lot less," I added. My eyes started to sting with tears. "I needed you, Niall. I needed you to tell me that what I heard were lies."

I looked at him again, and his eyes were filling up with tears as well, but they weren't angry tears like mine were. 

I started to speak again, but didn't know what to say. "Just tell me everything, now," I said, calming myself down. "This is your chance to own up to anything."

Niall swallowed. 

"Like I said before, we hooked up a while back, but that was when I didn't know she had a boyfriend," he began. "When I found out she had  boyfriend, I felt immediately guilty, and stopped talking to her, but that didn't mean she stopped talking to me. She only liked me because I was famous, and it gave her satisfaction knowing that she had hooked up with a famous person. She even told me that Harry was always her favorite."

Niall's cheeks were turning red as he continued talking.

"Anyway, I met you, and I knew that I needed her out of my life, so I dropped her all together. Then one day, she showed up at one of our shows and threw herself at me, and I couldn't get out of it. I couldn't tell her that I had a girlfriend because it was a secret. I tried my best to stop her, I really did."

My chest burned with hatred.

"We didn't have sex. We didn't even kiss, even though I knew she wanted to. I walked away, and had never seen her once up until yesterday, and that was a surprise. I knew her boyfriend was going to find out."

"And you didn't worry about your girlfriend finding out?" I asked. 

"I figured it was best not to tell you and make things even more complicated than they already were. I thought I had it all under control. I never thought in a million years that she would come back," he replied. 

I bit my lip.

"I should have told you as soon as I could," he said. 

"What about the picture with you two 'kissing'? You know, the one all over the internet," I said. 

"We weren't kissing in that picture. It was from a bar back when we were in Australia last year for the first time," he responded. 

"I believe you," I said. "Things just aren't adding up, though."

We both sat quietly, and I wiped my eyes again with the bed sheets. 

"So why did you get arrested?" He asked. 

Did he really want me to explain?

"One of your stupid guards didn't let me in because I had the same room key that you had. He probably thought I stole it or something, and I was arrested. I got my mugshot taken and everything. It was great," I said, almost laughing. 

Niall didn't laugh, and I didn't blame him. I wouldn't be laughing either if I was in his position. 

I felt a lot better knowing that he was being honest with me, but I knew it wouldn't last long.

A/N

((((((((((((((((: damn niall wyd

I am one of the busiest people ever and I'm sorry that it's been taking so long to update, but I have so much more to share with you, I promise.

Let me know what you think in the comments and continue to vote! thank you so much 

x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 33.7K 101
Just as things were starting to come together, everything slipped away. A tragic series of events forces Kate to learn her love story backward while...
Camp Mofo By Jess

Fanfiction

3K 73 32
When Jess and her friends go to their favorite music camp for the summer she knew they would have a great summer. Then the kicker. One Direction is a...
398 4 10
Niall and Jenny have been going out for a while but Jenny doesn't understand why Niall wants to keep her as a secret and away from the world. All she...
297 1 35
Savannah is trying to get through her junior year of college navigating between stressful classes, plans for after graduation and more important gett...