The Maverick(Sword Art Online...

By Storyteller-Maverick

#1 in #swordartonline 10/04/18 Year 2023. The world has been waiting in anticipation for the long awaited Ful... More

Ch.1 The Death Game Aincrad
Ch.2 First Floor Dungeon
Ch.3 Shining Star On A Dark Christmas
Ch.4 The Beast Tamer
Ch.5 Investigation Time
Ch.6 Case Closed
Ch.7 Cotton Candy
Ch.8 An Uplifting Experience
Ch.9 Power Within
Ch.10 Charming Proposal(Not Really)
Ch.11 Welcome To The Family
Ch.12 Lost Data
Ch.13 Game Over
Ch.14 Aftermath Of A Death Game (ALO Arc)
Ch.15 The World Of Fairies
Ch.16 A Fiery Slyph
Ch.17 Journey To The World Tree
Ch.18 The Gank Spank
Ch.19 Saving The Alliance
Ch.20 Complicated Feelings
Ch.21 True Reveal
Ch.22 The Raid on The World Tree
Ch.23 What I Fight For
Ch.24 The World Seed
Ch.25 One Blushing Sylph
Ch.26 New Problems(GGO Arc)
Ch.27 Prep Phase
Ch.28 A World of Guns
Ch.29 Prelim
Ch.30 Prelims Pt.2
Ch.31 Downtime
Ch.32 Bullet of Bullets
Ch.33 Investigation Team
Ch.34 The Getaway
Ch.35 To Be Strong
Ch.36 Showtime
Ch.37 Closing Time
Ch.38 The First Step
Ch.39 Mystery Dungeon(Strea)
Ch.40 Strea's Soul
Ch.41 How To Armor(Bonus)
Ch.42 The Holy Sword (Mother's Rosario Arc)
Ch.43 Jötunheimer
Ch.44 Thryheim
Ch.45 Dáinsleif
Ch.46 Christmas Time
Ch.47 Christmas Time Pt.2
Ch.48 A Challenger Approaches
Ch.49 It's The Showdown
Ch.50 Yuuki & The Sleeping Knights
Ch.51 Boss Prep
Ch.52 Boss Time
Ch.53 Yuuki Konno
Ch.54 One Wish
Ch.55 Brave New World
Valentine's Day Contest
I'm Only Watching You. (Sinon Valentine's Day)
You're My Medicine (Yuuki Valentine's Day)
Ch.56 A New Place (Season 3)
Ch.57 The Fabled Ice Cave
Special: Ordinal Scale
Ch.58 Fade to Black
Ch.59 Underworld
Ch.60 Learning the World
Ch.61 Style
Ch.62 Rath
Ch.63 Alicization
Ch.64 Will Power
Ch.65 Elite Disciple
Ch.66 Nobles
Ch.67 Desensitized
Ch.68 Prisoners
Ch.69 Break
Ch.70 Gear Up
Ch.71 Crimson Arrow
Ch.72 Knightly Duties
Ch.73 Pride as a Knight
Ch.74 Golden
Ch.75 Ceasefire
Ch.76 Alliance
Ch.77 Coded Eye
Ch.78 Friendship
Ch.79 Discussions and Humanity
Ch.80 Azure Wings
Ch.81 Quinella (Season 3 Part 1 Finale)
My True Feelings (Leafa Valentine's Day)
Ch.82 Brief Respite (Season 3 Part 2: War of the Underworld)
Ch.83 Ingition Of War
Ch.84 Before The Storm
Ch.85 Last Day of Peace
Ch.86 This Is War
Ch.88 Truth Of The Underworld
Ch.89 The Crimson Battalion
Ch.90 Two Outta One Ain't Bad
Ch. 91 Hot Pursuit
Ch.92 Calvary
Ch.93 Coffin's Arrival
Ch.94 Killer Instinct

Ch.87 Eyes Open

4.6K 139 32
By Storyteller-Maverick

The plan was set into action as the Human Empire troops began to mobilize. Alice's team advanced as the faint sound of chanting could be heard. Alice and Eugeo rode on Amayori as Bercouli rode on his own dragon.

Alice: This sounds like the group chant of an art!

Eugeo: But how? I thought we drained all Sacred Art energy?

As the dragons advanced a large ball of dark power came barreling towards them. Bercouli recognized this as a deathworm curse spell.

Bercouli: Be ready to pull up! Eugeo! Brace yourself!

As the dragons closed in they suddenly jerked up as the swarm broke into two with a group pursuing the dragons and the other going for the rear unit as the two teens remembered where Mav was currently at.

Eugeo: Alice!

Alice nodded as she chased down the swarm.

Bercouli: Wait! Your attacks won't work!

Alice didn't listen as her and Eugeo readied their attack only to see another dragon from the rear unit speeding towards the swarm.

Alice: Eldrie! No!

Eldrie: Divine serpent of ancient times! If you claim to be the king of snakes, then let's see you devour that horde of mere worms completely!

Eldrie readied his whip as he took the aggression of both swarms as they reformed into one massive swarm.

Eldrie: Over here vile insects! There's enough for all of you! Release Recollection!

Eldrie flew upwards as he took a glance at Alice and gave her a small smile. The swarm gave chase as a large cluster of serpents shot towards the swarm colliding with one another as the swarm continued it's advance. Eldrie maneuvered throughout the sky a darkish energy mixed with a bright white zipped around the sky as swarm eventually crawled up Eldrie's arm as he felt the worms gnawing at his arm and poisoning his body. The pain he endured as he continued to hold them at bay. His vision quickly began to fail as he remembered the face of his mentor Alice. He felt invigorated the pain felt almost nonexistent as he gritted his teeth and fought through the pain. With that empowerment to protect he leapt from his dragon and disappeared into the swarm. Everyone expected the swarm to come back down but the swarm seemed stuck as white serpents began to eat the swarm whole until it was nothing but a cluster of serpents in the sky. The serpents descended from the sky until they reached the ground. The serpents faded as Eldrie laid upon the floor motionless the handle of his whip cracked the rope on the verge of snapping. His body was covered severe wounds blood oozing from each wound.

Alice: ELDRIE!!!

Alice flew to the ground and jumped off Amayori and dashed towards Eldrie as Eugeo knelt down behind Alice, planted his sword in the ground and closed his eyes.

Alice: No Eldrie! You can't die! I ordered you! Don't die on me!

Alice could only watch as Eldrie disappear into a brilliant cluster of light as that danced away into the night sky.

Alice: Eldrie......

Eugeo slowly stood up and gently placed a hand on Alice's shoulder. Alice stood up and placed her hand on the shoulder where Eugeo's hand was as a sign acknowledgement and appreciation before hopping on Amayori.

Alice: Eugeo, take Takiguri. We're not letting these bastards get away with this.

Eugeo quietly nodded and got on Takiguri before flying off towards the enemy. When the enemy was in range the two saw them begin to retreat.

Alice: RUNNING WON'T SAVE YOU!!!

Eugeo: Takiguri, fire!

The dragons fired their rays of arcane energy down on the dark mage battalion. Alice unleashed her armament raining hellfire down upon the battalion. No one was spared from the young girl's wrath and grief. Alice and Eugeo then flew into the sky where the Dark Territory was and pointed their blades.

Eugeo/Alice: We are the proxy of the three gods who protect the Human Empire, the Priestess and Priest of light! All who stand before us, prepare for divine judgment that will purge the filth you bring upon our land!

As they gave their speech, in the distance Gabriel saw them shining in the sky.

Gabriel: It's them! Alright, now we're finally getting somewhere.

Gabriel watched as the lights began to move.

Gabriel: All units, prepare to move! The pugilist guild will lead. Dark mage and supply corps will be the rear. We will be moving south! I need those two captured alive! Bonus reward for if you can capture them unharmed!

.......

The bait team watched as the dark forces approached them.

Bercouli: That dark god sure seems obsessed with you two. He's bringing his whole damn army.

Eugeo: Don't know if that's supposed to be a good or bad thing.

Bercouli: Our best bet is if we can take down Vecta. If we kill him, the remaining enemies will more than likely be willing to truce. 

Eugeo: We might have a shot at Vecta if this plan works. The raid unit whittle down the enemy force and then we can punch through.

Alice: Half of the enemy forces have already been defeated so that just leaves the dark knights and the pugilist guilds.

Eugeo: Word is they're the strongest of the bunch these two guilds are.

Bercouli: They are. I saw that Shasta brat in the unit but he's not leading the troops. Which has me confused.

Alice: Was he the commander?

Bercouli: Yes. He couldn't have just gotten demoted for no reason. Makes me wonder who's calling the shots....

Renly: Knight Commander!

Renly landed and jogged towards Bercouli.

Renly: Allow me to report sir. We scouted the ambush and found no problems using it.

Bercouli: Excellent. Have the troops get into position. Your dragon must be exhausted make sure you give it proper food and water.

Renly: Right sir!

Renly ran back towards his dragon as Bercouli watched and smiled.

Eugeo: Your smiling. What's the occasion?

Bercouli: It's just that...while the synthesis ritual is a horrible thing that need to be abolished, It'll be a shame to not have promising youths like him join the order anymore.

Eugeo: What makes you say that? I believe that anyone could become an Integrity Knights if given the proper training and equipment. Sure they might not live long as you guys with frozen lifespans but they'll still carry out their duties.

Bercouli: That's a positive outlook.

Eugeo: Comes with being around a good person.

Eugeo thought of Mav and their time in the Underworld and smiled to himself.
......

Vassago: Hey bro! When are gonna get off our asses and get some fighting in.

Gabriel: Unfortunately, as a key figure I can't be so careless. However, if you into this forest I'm sure you'll have your fun. Take your team with you.

Vassago: Hell yeah! Finally some goddamn action!

Vassago led his team into the forest where the Human Empire supply corps was stationed. Vassago began silently piling the bodies up until Ronie walked in the forest. Ronie walked deeper in as Vassago snuck up behind her. As Vassago went to grab her, Ronie quickly pivoted around Vassago and went for a backstab making Vassago roll forward quickly as he turned around and pulled his sword out.

Vassago: Huh, your sense are more keen the average kill.

Ronie: ENEMY ATTACK!

The troops began to converge on Ronie's position followed by an injured Tiese. Vassago smirked as his soldiers came from out of the woods as well.

Ronie: W-what?

"Well, there a face I never wanted to see again."

Vassago: Hm? Who're you?

A familiar figure clad in black armor drew his twin swords as Vassago's smirk turned into a big grin.

Kirito: The hell are you doing here, PoH?

Vassago: The black swordsman Kirito! Oh how I've longed for this moment! You would've died in that Laughing Coffin raid if not for your boyfriend Mav.

Kirito: Answer my question.

Vassago: I ain't telling you shit, kid.

Kirito: Fair enough. Time to die.

Kirito bolted forward kicking Vassago back as Vassago went for a slash with his sword. Kirito easily deflected the attack and slice Vassago across the chest. Vassago ignored the pain and stabbed Kirito in the stomach. Kirito yelled and smacked Vassago in the face with the guard of his sword making Vassago reel back. Vassago leapt towards Kirito sword ready for the kill.

Vassago: DIE!!!

Kirito watched the blade come right for him as he swiftly moved to the side and sliced Vassago's sword arm off. Vassago stared at the dismembered arm and yelled in pain before trying to grab Kirito with his other arm. Kirito stabbed the other arm and then jabbed his sword into Vassago's chest. Vassago coughed up blood as Kirito pulled the blades from their points of attack. Vassago fell to his knees as Kirito crossed his blades and held them towards Vassago's neck.

Kirito: Go to hell.

Kirito swiped with his blades as crimson splashed across the nearby trees. Vassago's head fell to the ground followed by his body before it faded away. Kirito approached the enemy forces until little specks of light began to float like a gentle snowfall. Everyone looked to the sky to see two figures shrouded in light that shined brightly in the night sky. One of the figures pulled their hand back and held their other hand out as if holding a bowstring. A giant laser of arcane energy quickly sliced through the enemy force and exploded. Kirito watched as a large crater was formed from the attack. Any soldier who was directly hit from this quick flash of a laser was sliced in two or completely obliterated. Their bodies immediately cauterized. The figuresshrouded in light slowly descended as Kirito approached them swords still at the ready just in case.

"That was....more powerful than I thought."

Kirito: I recognize that voice.......Sinon?

The figure turned their body around showing the familiar face of Sinon.

"Kirito?"

Kirito looked next to Sinon seeing the long straight chestnut colored hair and familiar face of the girl he loved.

Kirito: Asuna?

The two stared at each other before slowly stepping towards each other until the both of them tightly embraced each other locking lips.

Kirito: It feels like it's been an eternity since I've seen you....

Asuna: Yeah...it does...

Sinon: How sweet of you guys.

Kirito: You came in the nick of time. Saved our supply corps and Mav.

Sinon: Mav is here?!

Asuna: Where is he?!

Kirito: Calm down. I'll explain but just prepare yourself.

......

Oh this is terrible. I feel like someone just used my head as a pinball in the pinball machine. Okay, vision seems to be clearing up. A wooden roof. Where...the hell am I? I tried to sit up but I couldn't. I coughed feeling my chest in pain. Ah shit that hurt. I grabbed the wall and forced myself up into a sitting posture seeing myself in a small room. Am I still in the.....the door opened as small group of people walked in. Their eyes widened and they stopped in their tracks.

Mav: Uh, anyone know where I can get some food?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

783 15 28
(SECOND BOOK OF THE SAOR SERIES) A year has passed since Laughing Coffin has trapped ten million people with the condition of only one to escape if...
1K 129 12
In the near future, a brand new piece of technology is released that allows players to control their very own created avatars in a whole new world...
163 8 5
DISCLAIMER I do not own Sword Art Online, nor the characters in it. Very few are original characters. This is to be non profit, solely for entertainm...
4.1K 54 10
In an alternate universe of Sword Art Online, Alice Zuberg has entered Sword Art Online in hopes of a great VR experience. However, her hopes of a go...