Queen of the Dragons

By b00klover09

"Estelle, I will kill any man who stands in my way of having you. I will kill one to one thousand men!" I sna... More

-Story Aesthetics/ Author Notes-
-Prologue-
-One-
-Two-
-Three-
-Four-
-Five-
-Six-
-Seven-
-Eight-
-Nine-
-Ten-
-Eleven-
-Twelve-
-Thirteen-
Fourteen
Fifteen
-Sixteen-
-Seventeen-
-Eighteen-
Nineteen
Twenty
-Twenty & a half-
Twenty one
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
39
40
41
43
44
45
46
47
48
49

42

3.9K 199 21
By b00klover09

"I miss Juni so much," I sighed as Dale handed me two flowers. Dale and I had been foraging for berries and on the hunt for a beautiful meadow that one of the castle guards told us about the other day. We had filled two baskets up of ruet berries and other berries that seemed very familiar to ruet berries but when I tried to eat it, Dale slapped them out of my hand. Claiming I could not eat them because they were not ripe yet. Sometimes I enjoy bitter fruits and he knows this but I do not get between Dale and his plants, that is a sure way to upset him. Now we were resting...

"What did you say, Estelle?" He questioned aloud as I frowned at my eldest friend. He was not paying me any attention. I was very, extremely sad and I did not know what to do with myself and I could not tell Dale these things. The things I worried about I would have to tell a sister, not a Dale.

I sighed, lying down in the grass. "Dale, I am very stressed out right now and you are having fun with your flower crown and not helping me."

He was making a crown of flowers out of the flowers that General Iona was wearing that one day. I am sure he is making the crown for her. I wanted to tell him that maybe she does not like these flowers but she may like it from him. I will be silent on my knowledge.

I felt my friend lay down next to me. "Why are you stressed out? Your husband loves you and you love him, yes? You are to become Queen in a few days. That should make one happy."

Yes. He was right, but he was also very wrong. Loche loves me, and I love him but I am not sure I can trust him. I have lied to him many times and I do not know if he has lied to me or if it is true what those men have told me. I also am not sure if I will receive my wings in time for this...very different pyrexaa thing I am not sure I will like. The women in robes claimed they would be finding women for Loche to....be with because I am weak.

Loche and I have never been forbidden, so what if they are right? What if I am not able to handle all of Loche or Gaul? Loche claims he will never touch another woman but how can I trust him? I am just very nervous about everything and I do not know who to talk to about this. The Caticala women have been making me try on a very large amount of dresses and have been keeping me busy with the Coronation preparations. Loche has not been paying much attention to me. He has been stuck in his study and going other places and well I am glad for that? I am not sure.

He still has been sleeping with me of course and we speak but I know he is angry with me for some reason. I am not sure why though. I have been acting like a very good wife.

I give him kisses on the cheek and the lips. They are not very long and drawn out like the kisses that make my toes curl and heart flutter like before. But it is enough to make him happy, or so I have thought. I let him hold me while we sleep, even if I begin to sweat from his intense heat I still allow him hold me. So why is he acting different?

"Marriage is not easy," I told my friend quietly as I paused my gazing at the sky and propped myself up on my elbow, to stare at my friend. Dale was staring at me in suspicion. Why was my friend starting at me like this? As if I have done something terrible? Which I have not. Well I have, betraying my husband is terrible but I have done nothing to Dale!

He positioned himself so that he was on his side to, being held up by his elbow. "Estelle has he hurt you? Why is marriage hard for a man and woman whom both love one another?" He questioned me while frowning.

Well because other people say things! "Well...lies make a marriage full of love, hard. Lies make any and everything hard!" I cried out in dismay as my friend looked away from me as if he was hiding something.

"Dale? What is wrong?" I questioned as he grabbed my hand and splayed it against his palm. I laughed. Dale's hand was much different from Loches. My husbands hand were about twice the size of Dale's. We used to do this as children, press our palms together but we were not children anymore.

Before he could entwine our hands, we heard a sound that made both of us place our hands over our ears. The terrible noise sounded like lightning striking and a tree falling, and a six-horned deer gave birth all in one.

Then a large gust of wind slapped into our faces. It must be a dragon. A very angry dragon. I decided to uncover my ears and open my eyes, because it was the only choice I had. So I did it and was not surprised at the large creature glaring down at us.

A large, black dragon whose nostrils were flaring, and fiery eyes were focused solely on us. Oh no, no, no! Gaul!

I scrambled up to my feet as he threw his head back and roared again, fury evident in his big body. His scaly body slammed onto the ground and I almost fell over with his impact, my large dragon husband stalking over to us angrily.

"Estelle...is he angry? Why is he angry?"

Gaul must have saw Dale and I very close and was not very happy about that. I stood in front of Dale and directly in line with where Gaul was approaching.

"Gaul, hi!" I screamed out loud trying to get his attention. He was focusing in on Dale not me and that was not a good thing. Not at all.

He circled Dale and I watched in horror as Gaul tried to swipe at Dale with his big talons. "Dale fly away!" I yelped out as I noticed that Dale had a dagger in his hand and was glaring at Gaul as if he was ready to attack.

"G-Gaul, what is wrong with you!" I yelped out as I rushed towards him, trying to get his attention. I did the only thing I could think of as I watched my dragon look ready to burn my best friend to a crisp.

I fell on my face and cried out as if someone had hurt me. I stayed on the ground and waited for my plan to work. While my eyes were closed and I silently prayed that my closest friend and husband were not trying to kill one another, I felt warm air on my head. Then I felt something pushing me, trying to flip me over.

Agh it worked! I slowly got up to my feet, to be staring at two firey eyes, who were looking me over as if I had just lost an arm or foot. Gaul's big head pushed into me and I pet him in between his eyes gently.

"H-hi Gaul. I am okay," I smiled nervously as I glanced at Dale who seemed absolutely furious. "Dale leave! I am fine!" I called out as he gave me an unsure look before Gaul's body began to warm up more than usual again. Before I had the chance to say anything else, Gaul turned his head and tried to look at Dale once more.

"G-Gaul stop! Take me away. Let, let us go somewhere private, yes? Somewhere where I can give you many kisses and hugs."

That seemed to have piqued my big dragon husbands interest. He lowered himself to the ground and began to growl. Oh my gods, I really would rather not ride on my husband today but I need to, to keep my friend safe!

I watched Dale glower at us as I struggled to get atop of my dragon husband. His scales were hot to the touch and I was now sweating incredibly too hard from being nervous about all of this.

Before I could even attempt at trying to secure myself the best I could on my husbands back, Gaul rose up to his feet and I squealed pressing my body against his warm scales and holding as tight as possible on to his horns.

He began to flap his wings and I kept my eyes closed, as I began to feel weightless, and the feeling of flight took off. I always loved to fly in my sisters arms or even with Dale or my father, but flying on a dragon was much different.

It was...freeing?

I soon rid myself of my odd fear and opened my eyes to see clouds and birds. The colorful blue sky and the sun shining down upon us. Tis beautiful!

The more we flew, the more it made me ache for my wings...and making me think of my wings made me think of the forbidden acts. What was turning out to be a wonderful and beautiful experience with my dragon husband was now turning into something worrying. I wanted to be with Loche I am sure but I cannot be with him til I gain my wings. If I do not get my wings soon I risk my husband being with another woman!

As horrors wracked my mind I noticed that Gaul's wings were pulling a bit closer to his body, and he was soaring lower. I glanced down and could make out a few...not a lot of trees?

While I contemplated my thoughts and what to tell Gaul or well Loche, I noticed that we were nearing a river. Was Gaul hot? Did he want to take a dip? I am sure dragons do not enjoy water?

I watched as he passed the river am realized that the river was coming to an end...a cliff. Oh the waterfall! Why is he near the waterfall?

He stalled near the rushing and dangerous water and I dug my heels into his rough scales. What was he planning to do? I had a terrible idea of just what he was planning as he began to fly toward the waterfall.

I am in no joyous mood to get pummeled by a waterfall...again!

"Gaul, bad dragon!" I screamed as I gripped him as tight as I possibly could before the water hit me...hard. It felt as if I was getting slapped by a wet dragons tail!

Gasping like a fish out of water, I grasped on to Gaul tighter as he landed on the ground of small rocky cave. He began to shake his large body and made a noise that made his entire scaly body shake.

"G-Gaul you are trying to kill me," I gasped as he laid down on his belly so that I could ungracefully slide off of him. I cannot believe he just flew us here! Tis cold...but I do understand why he has done so. This dragon is so sweet yet unbehaved!

I was soaking wet and confused as my dragon husband shook his big body. He stared at me with those heated eyes and growled. Yes, growled as if I was not his wife. His pretty fae!

"Gaul?"

He managed to get his big body to turn and twist in an odd way so that his large head was pressing me against the wall of the cave.

The big dragon continued to growl as he sniffed at my hand. Most likely because that was the hand that was holding Dale's hand. He pushed his big head into my body and I stroked his warm yet wet scales.

"I am sorry I upset you, you big dragon, " I smiled as he closed his eyes and let my hands run over his skin. He was grumbling deeply, almost purring as I kissed his head and smiled. Dragon gaul was so sweet when he was not trying to burn everyone to a crisp.

I blushed just thinking about it, making Gaul lazily open his eyes and peer up at me with interest. "I love you, " I smiled as his tail swept across the small space of the cave we were in. A few large rocks fell and I let loose a squeal of fright.

He looked back at the rocks that fell and began to growl unnecessarily loud, before he began to shrink. Oh yes, now I can speak to Loche!

"Gaul no," I frowned as I noticed that Gaul had not given up control to Loche. He was just in his...half shift form and he was naked. He was also staring at me with his usual 'I am going to kiss you now' look.

I covered my mouth for extra precaution as my dragon husband stalked over to me. "N-No kissing! I want Loche!"

My dragon husband snarled. His snare seeming rather intimidating, but he cannot intimidate me!

"Fae mine," he growled out angrily as he invaded my space and grabbed at my one hand. How dare he?! When I was ready to yell at my stubborn, naked, big dragon I felt him press my hand against his dress. "Fae mine?"

He was staring at me with a hard expression. He seemed worried? Oh no, not Gaul being upset with me! I cannot take that. I smiled, gulping and trying not to look down as he pressed his naked self closer to me.

"Y-yes Gaul I am yours. I promise, okay? I am yours and you are mines," I reassured Gaul as I craned my head upwards to meet his eyes. I do not think he realizes how tall he is. And how cold it is or that he is naked still..

I felt his lips press on my forehead and smiled, my hand staying on his warm and vibrating chest. Then he dropped to his knees. "Gaul!"

He shoved my dress up and growled. Oh, my knee? It was bleeding a bit. I watched as he ripped at my dress and made quick work of tying the material around my knee.

"Th-thank you Gaul. You can get up now."

He growled and I felt his lips kiss just above my knee. Before I felt his mouth begin to trail up my thigh, kissing and suckling the skin. I gulped a hard shiver running down my body... "Gaul wh-what are you doing?" I squealed out, as I tried to push my dress down but a large, angry dragon was in the way!

He then tensed and my hand went to his head, noticing that I felt hair there...Loche?

My husband appeared, his tongue sliding across my inner thigh with a groan. I let loose a ragged breath as my husband's strong grip on my thigh tightened.

"-Loche?"

Why does my voice sound like so? I feel lightheaded and odd. Loche slowly removed himself from under my dress, his nose flaring and an almost frightening glare on his face. And of course he was still naked!

I tried to look away and began to rip at my dress to give him a covering. I am not sure we can speak with him naked. Or with my body tingling the way it does from his mouth on my thighs.

"H-here."

My husband grabbed the thin material and wrapped it around his hips. I refused to look lower than his navel. "Estelle look me in the eye and give me one plausible reason why I should not rip that rotten smelly boys arms off."

The heat radiating off of his skin was making my wet body warm. I wanted him to hold me but knew he could not. Especially now. "I...he is my friend."

My husband glowered at me, his eyes so bright I thought fire would pour from them any moment. He closed the distance between us, his one hand going on the cave wall near my head his other hand caressing my chin gently. He locked his jaw angrily, glaring at me with such an intensity that I wanted to hide. He was so close that we were breathing in the same air...

"You have been the source of all of my problems lately," he growled out his finger trailing over my lips before skimming over my neck and the outline of the pendent he gave me.

I am not sure why it was hard to breathe, but I felt as if sucking in air at this time was rather difficult. "Y-you have been be source of mine too, Loche," I gulped as his fingers ghosted over my mark. My eyes fluttered closed, trying to gather my wits. Anytime his fingers or his lips went near that bite mark my body felt like elo pudding.

"How have I been the problem when you have been avoiding me?" He questioned harshly, as my eyes slowly opened and a shiver racked my body. He was tracing my pendent now which was a bit low on my neck. "Hiding from me? Sneaking around and ignoring me."

Oh no! He knew. How did he find out? "I-I do not know what you are talking about," I whispered, while looking away from him. I felt my eyes gather with tears.

"You know what I am talking about, little fae."

We locked eyes and I burst into tears. I am not sure what Loche was doing but I was crying. I could feel his hand on my neck. He was massaging it roughly. Loche is not the best consoler and it made me cry even harder. He did not know how to console yet he was trying for me.

"Estelle, tell me what is floating around in that large head of yours."

"Lies," I whimpered sadly as I felt him tense before he continued to massage my neck. I am so awful. Loche does not deserve me, he deserves a wife that does not cry and has scales and can fly around with beautiful Gaul.

I cried until I had no more tears left which I knew Loche was thankful for. I wiped at my cheeks and nose and my husband let me go, staring down at me with an unreadable expression.

"You are in love with that boy aren't you?" Before I could answer a look of fury passed his features. "I will kill him, Estelle. I have been too kind to-"

"-No! Loche, I do not love Dale. Well not like a wife loves a husband," I explained to him as he seemed a bit relieved. "I-I have been lying about something."

My husband seemed impatient and I knew I had to tell him everything. My concerns, my lies, his maybe lies? "I lied about Dinah. I-I am the one who has healing powers. I-I thought you knew so I lied to see if you would argue with me about it, but you did not. Th-then your father made me think you would be furious with me so I kept it a secret. A-and the council members! They spoke awful things a-and said you were going to use me for awful things!"

Loche seemed to be processing all that I had to say. Which was maybe not a good thing. I should have kept quiet. He looks furious. His eyes were burning bright, and his scales were overtaking his body.

"So all of this time when you forget your memory you have been healing?"

"Y-yes."

"And who else knows of your powers?"

I chewed on my bottom lip, trying to think. "Estelle answer my question." His tone was almost deadly.

I began to shake. "I-I well Winona found out. Cael knows, of course Keynai and my sisters. Dale, a-and well Harkin." His eyes met my own and I flinched. Would Loche harm me? He loves...well loved me, he could not. But papa loves me and would sometimes warm our bottoms as sprites. I was scared. Papa told me to keep this a secret, and I have not. I have betrayed my father and my husband.

His nose suddenly flared and he wiped a clawed and scaled hand over his hand. "I am not going to hurt you, Estelle. I will never hurt you." He has told me that before and he has never done so but I am still scared. "I am shifting. We need to go back to the castle."

"Y-you do not want to talk about it?"

My husband shook his head. "Nothing to discuss."

"B-but I thought we-"

"-I have nothing to say, Estelle. I am going to shift. You will get on my back and we are going home."

He was angry. I know he was but he was not acting on it. Now I am very terrified. "Okay."

I pressed myself up against the wall of the cave as my husband dropped to his knees and his body began to transform.

I struggled to get atop of him and he waited patiently. We flew back to the castle in record time and once he landed, a soldier was there to help me down.

Cael appeared at the beginning of the steps of the castle, looking at us in absolute confusion and a little apprehension. "Princess. What is going on?"

I looked away from Cael blinking back tears as Loche began to shift back to his human form. I watched as one of the guards attempted to give Loche his cloak, and instead for reaching for the cloak he grabbed Cael...by the throat.

"Wouldn't you like to know? You are supposed to report back to me with anything that poses a threat to my wife. Even if it is herself and you have been keeping secrets with her?!" Loche roared in Cael's face as I was frozen in absolute fear.

Loche was going to kill Cael? Loche was going to kill Cael. "L-Loche please, please do not hurt him. I-tis me you are angry with. H-hurt me!" I yelped in fright as I watched Cael struggling to breathe. His skin was shifting to scales to attempt at breathing I am sure.

"Loche!" I screamed, desperately looking around to anyone to help. No one was helping. Everyone was just staring at us. Everyone. A small crowd had gathered now. Castle workers, guards, council members...everyone.

My husband almost seemed...in pain as he tossed Cael like he weighed nothing down the steps. My husband grabbed at the robe that the other guard had offered him and wrapped it sloppily around his waist.

"Make sure she gets to our chambers, " he snapped at the guard before storming into the castle leaving me and an injured Cael at the end of the steps...
*******
Thoughts on this chapter?

How did Estelle handle things?

How did Loche handle things?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

992 8 107
{{CURRENTLY UNDERGOING EDITING}} A kingdom across the sea, a man in pain clawing at a hated king who bears two shadows who protect him. A child, born...
176 23 34
If you were given a chance to cure your insomnia in just one take of a pill each night, would you purchase the item? While walking to her part-time w...
560K 17.3K 34
You all know the old fairy-tale's where an evil and cruel dragon kidnaps the princess because of her beauty and then knights in shinning armour arriv...
758K 32.8K 60
"Let them go, Dante." I whip my head to see a small boy standing the clearing with blonde hair and a green cloak hanging from shoulders. He isn't ve...