Beauty Divine (Sequel)

JaXender által

[GxG] "I found the assistant." she said with her eyes fixed on the CV. "That's great! You finally found the p... Több

Chapter (1): Where Art Thou Wren?
Chapter (2): Secret Meeting
Chapter (4): The Reunion
Chapter (5): The Family Dinner
Chapter (6): A Heart Confession
Chapter (7): Dark Shades
Chapter (8): Under Arrest
Chapter (9): Glimpses Of Wistful Memories
Chapter (10): The Return of G.M
Chapter (11): Crucial Decision
Chapter (12): Suit & Tie
Chapter (13): The New Assistant
Chapter (14): Remember Us
Chapter (15): A Brunette VS A Noirette
Chapter (16): Endure The Ethereal
Chapter (17): Car Trouble
Chapter (18): The Floral Anchor & The Phoenix
Chapter (19): Glimpses from The Past
Chapter (20): Stained
Chapter (21): A Party & A Drink
Chapter (22): Dressed in Violet
Chapter (23): Sapphire Under the Moonlight
Chapter (24): Failed Temptation
Chapter (25): Burning Up
Chapter (26): The Visitor
Chapter (27): Poisonous Beauty
Chapter (28): Shimmering Sphere
Chapter (29): Sudden News
Chapter (30): Three Stones, Three Words
Chapter (31): Yesterday, Today and Forever
Chapter (32): Reunion On The Yacht
Chapter (33): The Invitation
Chapter (34): Harsh Truth
Chapter (35): Soured Divulgence
Chapter (36): The Lake House
Chapter (37): Le divin
Chapter (38): Purging The Past
Chapter (39): Lethal Glares
Chapter (40): Moonless Night
Chapter (41): Trauma
Chapter (42): A Tingle of Jealousy
Chapter (43): Battle of Exes
Chapter (44): Anonymous Messenger
Chapter (45): Investigation:
Chapter (46): Home
Chapter (47): Breaking The News
Chapter (48): Queen Of Spades
Chapter (49): A Friendly Date
Chapter (50): Infernal Deed
Chapter (51): Walk Of Shame
Chapter (52): Disgraceful
Chapter (53): Meeting in The Duskiness
Chapter (54): Cold Night, Warm Heart
Chapter (55): The Bartender Counseling
Chapter (56): Heavy Tears
Chapter (57): Throbbing Sobs, Hurtful Moans
Chapter (58): Late Apology
Chapter (59): Gathering The Leftovers
Chapter (60) Intoxicated
Chapter (61): Out Loud
Chapter (62): Unexpected Guest
Chapter (63): Warm Droplets
Chapter (64): The Now & Then
Chapter (65): Dulcet Bells
Chapter (66): Jolly Melody

Chapter (3): Liar Liar Pants On Fire

1.8K 82 6
JaXender által

They woke up early the next day and took a shower together, soon they got dressed and Madeline packed her bag with the help of Wren and they both got into the car and drove off to their homes.

Wren pulled over in front of Madeline's apartment then turned to her with a sad smile.

"So, I'm guessing this is our goodbye."

"No, it's not. We'll see each other more often and I'm sure of it."

"Yeah, well... we... we work in different places right now. Me in my company and you with Sarah and we are hiding our relationship from our friends. I just don't know when and where I'm gonna see you again."

Wren reached out for her hand and raised it to her lips, giving her knuckles soft kisses, making Madeline lips curl into a smile.

"We will, Wren. We always find each other."

Her hands went up to Wren's cheeks, caressing it as her face was leaning closer to her and taking her lips with hers, giving her a warm kiss then she broke it with her hand still holding her cheek.

"That was sweet." said Wren giving her a warm smile.

She smiled and gave her a chaste kiss. "I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"Mm-hmm."

"Okay." She got out of the car and went to the main door of the building but Wren called out her name.

"I love you." said Wren and Madeline beamed at her.

"I love you too." She blew her a kiss goodbye before she disappeared behind the main door of the building.

........................................

Wren went home and changed her clothes and wore light blue dress shirt, khaki pants and her khaki blazer plus the brown shoes that matched her belt. She combed her hair into a side swept pixie and wore her expensive perfume then headed out for work.

She reached for the elevator door and hit the button, waiting for it to descend. Wren flipped open her phone and smiled when she saw a text message from Madeline giving her lots of kiss emoji.

"I'll be damned." she muttered under her breath, chuckling softly then entered the elevator, putting the phone back in her jacket pocket. Right before the door could get closed, it opened again revealing Emily on the other side.

"Hey, there you are." she said smiling as she entered.

"Yep, here I'm." She sighed internally.

Wren hit the fifth floor button and the door closed. While Wren was staring directly at the metallic door, Emily was glancing at her from the corner of her eye.

"You look nice." she said and Wren gave her a firm nod as a thank you. "Oh come on... don't act like a boss with me now."

"I'm not acting anything." she simply said with a shrug.

"You also look happy." said Emily squinting her eyes at her.

"Uh, yeah, why wouldn't I be?" She turned to her and elevator door made it's chiming sound and they both stepped out.

"Because two nights ago, you ran into Madeline, so... I was just wondering why you look so happy and not sad or depressed... or broken."

"I'm just happy with me living my life." She flashed her a warm smile.

Emily smiled back and decided to close the topic. "Good for you then."

"Work?" asked Wren cocking an eyebrow at Emily who chuckled nervously.

"Pfft, yeah, of course."

She cleared her throat nervously and walked to her desk and Wren smirked shaking her head at Emily. Wren made her way to her office first and took off her blazer and set it aside on the coat stand and then rolled up her sleeves right before the elbows and then she remembered Eleanor.

She got out of her office and went to Eleanor knocking on the door then entered with a wide smile across her face when Eleanor's face lit up on seeing her.

"Good morning." said Wren walking towards her desk and Eleanor stood up, opening her arms for her.

Eleanor wrapped her arms around her, rubbing her back and Wren held her tightly.

"Morning, dear."

They pulled away and Eleanor placed her hands on Wren's arms, looking at her with a genuine smile.

"You got me so worried about you, but I'm glad everything is okay."

"Yeah me too. I just needed a break, you know. We work so hard and..."

"It's okay, you don't have to explain to me anything. It's your life and you for sure deserve a break from all the working you do here and with your father."

"Thank you for understanding." She smiled brightly at her step-mother.

"Oh, it's nothing."

"What did I miss?"

"Umm, just a meeting but don't worry, I handled it perfectly with the investors but there are a few papers that need to be revised by you. I checked them quickly but you are the one who have the upper hand here."

"Got it. I'll take a closer look on them." Eleanor gave her a nod and turned to sit back at her office. "No meetings today, right?"

"No," She sighed. "but you have to hire a new assistant for you sooner or later. I know that Emily is good for both of us and it's fine with me if you want her to be your personal assistant but the load of work will be hard for her to concentrate with two bosses."

"I agree and I will start looking for a new one but I'm not really sure we will find one as good as Emily or... Madeline." She said her name softly and Eleanor heard her and her heart softened at seeing how much Wren missed Madeline. "Anyway, I'll see about that and get back to you once I find something... I mean someone."

"Sure." She gave her a smile and then Wren left her office and went to her own, starting to work like she always does.

..........................................

Madeline was at her work with Sarah, working on some dresses for the next show and she couldn't help but think about Wren at the office, drinking her coffee with the same attractive smug look on her face that inveigle every woman in the room. She shook the thoughts away and turned her attention back to work.

"Okay, go try it on and let me see what's missing." she said to one of the models who gave her a nod and headed to the dressing room.

Her phone rang beside her on the table and saw a text message from Eva.

"Can we meet today? I want to see my best friend and have a chat with her."

She smiled at the text then replied. "Sure, tell me when and where."

"How about in an hour at the same café?"

"Sure, I'll just finish my work and come see you."

She closed her phone and the model came out twirling with the dress.

"Okay," She sighed and took a closer look on the dress. "looks perfect. What do you think?"

"I think you should hide your hickey."

"What?" Her eyes went wide and the model chuckled.

"You have two hickeys by the sides of you neck."

"Crap." She muttered under her breath. "Are they obvious?"

"Well, duh. I could tell that whoever did this to you is a master in the bed who leaves a nasty alluring mark on someone to claim them."

"Yeah." She chuckled nervously.

"You should cover them if you don't want to get someone's attention."

"Alright, just let me have a look on your dress." she said nervously and the model laughed again and Madeline eventually joined her.

Right before she left her work, Madeline went home first and wore a silky scarf covering her neck with it and she was glad that the colors matched with her outfit.

Meanwhile at the company, Emily knocked on Wren's office door and stepped in while Wren was still reading the contract and she didn't notice Emily's appearance.

"Wren."

"Hmm?" she said with eyes focused on the paper and the pen is between her teeth.

"Monique invited us to have lunch with her and Elise at the usual café."

"Mm-hmm." She nodded but obviously not to Emily.

"Wren!"

"What?" she asked with the pen clenched between her teeth and Wren stared at her with wide eyes.

Emily glared at her and Wren put down the pen and paper on the desk and gave Emily an apologetic smile.

"Sorry. You were saying...?"

"Lunch with Monique and Elise... now."

"Uh, I don't know, I still have so much work to do."

"Don't care and you're coming with me."

"No."

"Yes. I'm not taking no for an answer and you know me very well that I'm not easily defeated."

She sighed and banged her forehead lightly on the desk, feeling defeated. "Fine."

"Great! Now move that small little ass of yours."

Wren chuckled and followed Emily outside to the exit. They stepped in Wren's car and the ride was silent mostly but they had usual conversation about Dave and that he is back in Australia for some work and how Emily missed him in the duration of his absence.

They parked the car and entered the café, scanning the tables for Monique and her French girlfriend. At the same time Madeline arrived and Eva was hiding in the corner texting Monique about Madeline's arrival and Monique texted Emily while Wren and Madeline looking for their friends.

"Here's Monique."

Emily pointed at Monique and Elise who waved at them to come over and at the same time as they were walking to the table, Eva came to Madeline's view and guided her to the table near Monique's.

When both Madeline and Wren came closer to their friends, they accidently locked eyes with each other and their smiles dropped. Emily, Monique and Eva shared a look and Monique broke the ice.

"Wow!Look at that, what a coincidence!"

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

39.7K 1.4K 31
"What do you want from me?" I whimper at her, curling as far into the corner away from her as I can. This woman is sick and no matter what I yell at...
72.5K 3.2K 48
[GxG] Sage Miller, a young woman in her twenties didn't have the best life growing up. Her journey in life had its shares of downs and disappointment...
843K 31.7K 30
Sage Carlos is the new intern at the company of her dreams. She thrives to earn a place in the company to keep being a happy international bean in Lo...
1.1M 43K 48
Aerilyn and her brother were just looking for somewhere to hide from those who wanted to destroy humans and use them for their blood. By running from...