52

~ the next day ~

"miso, are you sure your wrist is this sore?" her mother asked her daughter as the car pulled up to the doctor's office.

"yes." miso replied, still having her mother's brace on her wrist.

"but i thought you said that you just slammed it against the door?"

"yeah, like really hard."

her mother opened the car door for her daughter, and the two walked into the doctor's office.

once she got checked in, the two sat in a room, waiting for the doctor to call them in.

"what if you can't participate in the competition anymore; why are you so clumsy?" her mother kept on nagging at her. miso was slowly becoming annoyed. if only she knew the truth. she thought to herself, slightly rolling her eyes when she heard her mother talk.

"park miso?" a doctor came into the room, closing the door behind him. miso just slightly smiled and nodded.

"so, you are here because your wrist hurts?" the doctor asked. she nodded again. "let me check to see what is going on then."

she put her wrist out, and the doctor gently held it, slowly pulling and pushing it into different directions. she quietly whined at the pain when he pulled it away from her, and the doctor finally knew what was causing the pain.

"it seems like you didn't hurt it because you slammed it again something; it was probably because of some pulling action," he told her. "did you do any extreme pulling action recently, such as playing tug of war or walking a dog?"

"but you said that you hurt it because you slammed your wrist on the door." her mother said, looking at her.

"well, i just hung out with my friend recently," miso started. "he pulled my wrist hard because he wanted to take me somewhere."

"that sounds about right." the doctor wrote down some notes on his clipboard. "i might have to do some x-rays on you. it does seem like it's more serious than just a pull on the wrist."

the doctor walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. her mother shot a glare at her, mad about what was happening.

"you lied to me!" her mother almost yelled, standing up from the chair she was sitting at, wanting to slap her daughter for lying. "look what has to happen now, you have to get a stupid x-ray!"

"i'm sorry." miso apologized. "i promise it was just a pull on the wrist, though."

"and who did that? changkyun?"

miso's eyes widened, not knowing how to answer that. changkyun was not the one to blame, but he was the only person she could say. she couldn't blame it on minhyuk or jooheon. she didn't see them or anyone at school because she was off.

she sighed and took a deep breath. "yeah, but it was only an accident."

"seriously? what is he trying to do, get you two out? i don't think-"

"mom, it was just an accident. he pulled on me because he wanted me to hurry to the piano."

"what were you doing?"

"i was getting some water, and he grabbed my other wrist so i could hurry."

"and you aren't mad or anything about it?"

"no, because it was just an accident."

"i'm just mad that he didn't admit it the first time when i saw him."

"i told him that i'd tell you. it's fine, mom, don't worry. plus, he said he'll make it up to me, so everything is good."

"are you sure? are you sure i don't have to talk with that man?"

"no."

the doctor then came back with some papers in his hand. "if miso can just follow me, i can take her to the room where we do our x-rays for our patients. since this will only be an x-ray for her arm and wrist, it won't take long."

her mother just nodded in approval and was given papers to fill out while miso was getting her x-ray done. she followed the doctor into a room she has not been in before; it was pretty big with cameras, bright lights of skeletons, and more things.

"can i just have you sit on that chair over there?" the doctor asked her, pointing to the chair that was across the room. "make yourself comfortable."

miso walked over to the chair and obeyed his orders, being surprised by how cold it was. she just kept hoping and praying that her injury was not so serious because she still wanted to compete in the competition.

the doctor then walked over to her with a lot of equipment by him, making miso scared of what will come.

"ready?" the doctor asked her, sanitizing his hands with the bottle of hand sanitizer by him. she nodded, taking a deep breath. please help me. miso prayed, closing her eyes.