54

miso didn't say anything, shocked about what just happened in the past hour; she was one with a lot of pride, but this really broke it.

"i don't know." miso replied, looking out of the window. she then looked at her wrist, now seeing the black brace wrapped around.

"well, we just have to email the staff or whatever there at the competition, saying that you can't participate anymore." her mother said, starting to reverse out of the parking lot.

miso didn't say anything, as she felt the need to cry. after trying so hard in the competition, now i found out that i can't participate anymore. she thought to herself. what a waste of time.

now, she was furious with kihyun, the one who cracked her wrist and the reason why she can't play. maybe i should have let changkyun punch him in the face.

then when changkyun came into her mind, her heart broke. he tried so hard to try and win as well; he will be so mad when he finds out that i can't participate anymore. i bet he'll never want to talk with me ever again.

suddenly, her phone buzzes with a new text message. she flipped her phone with her other hand and read the text.

changkyun

are you finished with your appointment?

if so, how did it go?

reading the two messages made her feel even worse, a tear slipping from her eye. she was quick to wipe it off, hoping that her mom wouldn't see it.

i'll respond to him later on. she thought, turning her phone off and leaning her head on the window.

her mom pulled into the garage, and miso immediately jumped out of the car. she waited for her mom to unlock the door and then went straight to her room after the door opened. closing her door shut, she plopped onto her bed and cried.

"why did i go, why did i go!" she repeated to herself, regretting going out with kihyun the day before. she didn't care how loud she cried; she just needed to let it out.

her mother heard her, of course, and slowly walked to her daughter's room. opening the door a little, she saw miso on her bed, bawling. her heart broke, and she just turned her back and walked downstairs; she knew that her daughter wants to be alone whenever she's sad or when she's in a bad mood.

"my miso," her mother sighed, texting her friends. "i'll try and make it up to you."

~ the next day ~

the doorbell buzzed throughout the house. miso was in the living room on the couch, still crying about her wrist. she got up and opened the door to see minhyuk and jooheon with some snacks and blankets.

"miso, come here." jooheon said, pulling her into a group hug with minhyuk. miso just buried her head into their arms and cried softly.

the two boys slowly scooted their way into the house, with miso still crying. they made it into the living room and sat her down.

"i'm guessing it didn't go well, right?" minhyuk asked. she just held her wrist in the brace, not saying a word. the boys' face softened.

"poor miso, what are you gonna do?" he continued, examining the brace. "how about the competition?"

"my mom said that she was gonna email them saying i can't participate anymore." she replied, sniffling between her words.

"what, no, that's horrible!" jooheon exclaimed, frowning.

"i still didn't tell changkyun anything, he texted me yesterday, and i didn't get back to him."

"you should probably tell him right away, though," he said.

"i feel like it's necessary to do it in person than on text."

"good idea. so, when's that going to be?"

"i don't know, probably tomorrow?"

her eyes then went to the blankets that were by the two. "and what's that for?"

"we figured that we should, i don't know, binge watch movies?" jooheon replied.

"yeah, we brought our blankets just in case we get sleepy; we might take a nap as well," minhyuk added.

"well, you two can do whatever, make yourselves home here." she told the two, leaning on the couch. "i'm too tired to do anything anymore."

"i mean, it's not like you can do it anyways." minhyuk said. she shot a glare at him, making him a bit intimidated.

jooheon chuckled. "min, not a good time to joke around?"

"take notes," she mumbled to minhyuk, leaning on the couch again.

"take notes." he mimicked her, rolling his eyes. a little chuckle slipped from her mouth as she hit his chest hard.

i miss them, alright. miso thought to herself, smiling.