39

miso's heart dropped.

"you did?"

"yeah."

"oh my goodness, i'm so sorry, jooheon."

"don't apologize. it's not your fault. by any chance, are you going to go with changkyun today?"

"no, why?"

"good. let's hang out today!"

"miso!" the two turned to see changkyun running to them; he stopped, looking at the miso.

"are you coming with him or i?" he asked her.

"i'll be going with him."

"oh, okay. just text me so we can figure out our practice, okay?"

"alright, bye."

"bye."

changkyun started to walk away, leaving the two by themselves.

"oh, he got this for me." miso reached into the paper bag and gave a cake pop to him. "he gave me two, so you can have one, and i can have the other."

"thanks." he took the cake pop and put the whole thing in his mouth, surprising her. damn, he must be mad. she thought to herself.

"can't you believe that we don't have school for a week?" jooheon suddenly asked her. "well, at my school, it's fall break. do you guys have that?"

miso stopped eating, realizing that she had one week of no school. that would be great timing for practices!

"yeah, i almost forgot about that."

"how about one day, me and minhyuk come over to your house? we can watch movies, listen to you play the piano, and other fun stuff!"

"uhh, minhyuk?"

"yeah! the toot trio can reunite!"

she sighed. whatever makes him happy. "alright."

"yes! this is going to be so much fun, i can imagine it in my head. now, i forgot that i got eliminated."

"haha, that's good."

"let's go. my mom should be coming soon."

the two stood up and walked to the doors of the center, but miso was confused.

"i thought you said you wanted to hang out?"

"i mean, talking to you and having conversations with you like this makes me consider this as hanging. after all, i hardly get to see you in real life now that changkyun hogs you."

"that's not true!"

"says the one who literally grabbed your wrists."

"b-"

"and the one who put his body so close to yours, you started to blush."

"shut up! oh my goodness."

jooheon started to laugh, loving her reaction; his laugh made miso smile; her hearing him laugh gave her butterflies in her stomach.

"but speaking of him, did he do anything bad to you?"

"nope. he only apologized and gave me the bag."

"changing the subject, i'm glad that you made it in the top two."

"you should feel happy too. you made it in the top three, which is also amazing."

"yeah, i guess you can say that, thanks."

just then, a car pulled up in front of them, which was jooheon's mother's car; as always, he opened the door for her like a gentleman. miso thanked him and hopped into the car, him following behind her.

"oh, miso? haven't seen you in the car after the competition in such a long time!" his mother said, looking at the rear mirror and smiling. "headed for your house, right?"

miso looked at jooheon, who nodded. "yes, please."

"alright. let's go!"