25

"what's wrong, miso; your face is red now." jooheon asked her, leaning closer to her. "is it too hot?"

"n-no, i'm fine," she replied, panicking a bit.

"is miso blushing?" he slowly questioned, leaning back into his chair, a smirk slowly growing on his face.

"what? no!"

"come on, miso i won't judge! we are friends anyway!"

we are friends anyway; that sounds so weird. she thought to herself. the past couple of weeks, they've been texting each other a lot; whether it was about the competition, school, or life in general, they talked about it. they grew so close to the point he told her his secrets, and she told her his.

"i'm serious, i'm alright." she finally replied, faking a smile.

"i think we should start going; people are starting to line up," he suggested, picking up his drink and sheets from the table; she followed him, having her sheets and cup in her hand as well.

while walking to the area, miso noticed that her shoelaces got untied.

"could you hold this for a bit?" she asked jooheon while giving him her sheets. he nodded, taking them out of her hand; she kneeled beside him, fixing her laces.

she stood up, taking a sip of her drink, and continued to walk with him.

suddenly, he put his arm around her shoulders. she jumped a little, but she didn't shrug her shoulders or try to get his arm off of her.

"i just wanna say, good luck today," he told her, patting her arm.

"thanks."

he took his arm off from her and walked in front, getting checked in by the man. jooheon walked off, giving her a thumbs-up before he walked into his room.

"name?" the man asked her.

"park miso."

"good luck today."

she nodded, walking to her room. she then patted her pockets with her hands, soon realizing that jooheon took off with her sheets. she sighed and started to walk to jooheon's room but got stopped by a lady that came out of the area.

"what are you doing?" the lady asked her.

"i'm in this room."

"all of the contestants that are in this room are all here. stop lying and go back to your designated room, please."

"someone in that room has my sheets."

"you aren't allowed to go to any other rooms but yours. you can see your friend after the competition."

miso rolled her eyes, walking away from the lady. damn, she can't even let me go for a bit? she thought to herself, finally going to her room. hyunwoo wasn't in there yet, so she quickly walked to her seat by changkyun.

changkyun looked at her hands, then looked on the other side of her. "oh? where are your sheets?"

"my friend took it with him by accident."

"miso, you know you're the pianist today, right?"

"yes, i'm sorry."

"and you're not going to ask if you can use mine?"

"i already know you're going to give them to me, so why ask in the first place."

"pfft, my bad. it seemed like you were having a good time with your friend earlier."

"jooheon?"

"ohh, is that his name? i forgot about that."

"yep."

"you know, i got you a coffee. you wanna hang out again after like last week?"

"isn't it cold already?"

"picky much? we can always make it into iced coffee. have you tried that before?"

"no-"

"alright, everyone, welcome to the third round of the competition." hyunwoo announced, closing the door behind him.

he then started to summarize what he assigned everyone the week before. "the first row, you may now go to your pianos."