50

"so..." changkyun waited, looking and leaning towards miso.

"it's joo-" she felt weird saying his name all of a sudden. "j-jooheon."

"really? him? the guy that always buys you drinks? is that how to really win your heart?"

"it's not only that. he is just sweet and not annoying compared to minhyuk."

"interesting. so, you aren't the type to go for the bad boys, huh."

"not really. i think they are all stupid."

"offended."

"why you aren't one of them, right?"

"maybe i am. i've shown you what i can do."

"a bad boy can't possibly be a pianist that competes. like seriously, that does not sound right."

"you've seen what i can do, miso. i could probably rearrange your guts if i wanted to."

she twisted her face at his words. "that sounds disturbing."

"do you know what that means?"

"probably not in the way you want me to."

"mhmm, and you say you're a top. what a weird thing."

"shh, let's talk about something else. it's starting to get more weird."

"okay then, what do you wanna talk about?"

"honestly, i have no idea."

"what about like, anything you wanna know about me?"

"pretty sure you answered them all."

"oh, alright-"

the front door opened, startling the two of them; miso's mother was in view, as she was surprised as well.

"i thought you were coming home later?" miso asked her mother, confused.

"i asked minhyuk's mom if she could finish up on what i left. i just wanted to come home soon for some reason."

her mother then landed her eyes on changkyun, the unfamiliar figure. changkyun noticed and cleared his throat.

"hello, mrs. park. i'm im changkyun, and i'm miso's partner for the competition." he introduced himself, bowing. miso wanted to laugh; she never saw such a nervous side of him before.

"well, hello! i finally met the guy that miso has been talking about this whole time. how was the coffee date?"

"date?" the two asked, looking at each other. they were both confused in their way; miso was shocked that her mother described it as a date, and changkyun was confused about what to say to help miso cover up her lie.

"it went alright, and it wasn't a date." miso responded.

"oh. i see." her mother passed by the couch. she then saw her daughter's wrist covered with a towel. "what happened to your wrist?"

"i accidentally smashed it in between the door. changkyun helped me out by making me ice it."

her mother then laid her eyes on changkyun and sweetly smiled at him. "thank you so much, i'm sorry that my daughter is very clumsy."

"not a problem, i'm a bit used to it already," he replied. miso looked behind her and glared at him, who just shrugged his shoulders and grinned.

"i'll be ordering some food for dinner shortly. changkyun, would you like to stay for dinner?"

miso looked at her mother, surprised that she asked such a sudden question.

"oh, i'm good, mrs. park; in fact, i'll get going now, i just wanted to stay until you came back from work." he stood up from the couch and grabbed his phone and keys from the counter. he turned to look at miso while at the door. "don't forget to update me tomorrow on how your wrist is!"

"i will, i will. thanks," she replied, watching him exit the house with a final wave. her mother took a deep breath, looking at her daughter.

"he's such a sweet person." she told her. "i can see him being your boyfriend."

ohh, you think he's sweet?  miso thought to herself, smirking that she knows the other side of him.