33

~ the next day ~

miso entered her house, closing the door behind her. she sighed, remembering that changkyun was coming over to practice. what a day, i'm so tired. she thought to herself.

after running downstairs from changing into more comfortable clothes, she cleaned some last-minute things in the house. while going into the kitchen, she noticed a twenty-dollar bill and a note stuck to the fridge door with a magnet.

for your dinner, you can order whatever. i won't be home to eat dinner with you, and i'll be eating at work as well.

she smiled, loving the kind thought that her mother did; she left the note and dollar bill on the fridge door and walked to the piano to get her sheets out.

there was a sudden knock on the door, and she quickly walked to answer it; opening the door, she saw changkyun with his sheets and phone in his hand. he looked up from the ground and nodded.

"come in," she told him, moving out of the way so he could take off his shoes.

after he did that, he followed her into the house while closing the door behind him. he looked around the living room and the kitchen, surprised by its small size.

"wow, your house is pretty small," he noted.

"yeah, only me and my mom live here."

"what about your dad?"

"we don't talk about him."

he nodded, taking the hint. "so, shall we start now?"

"i guess so."

he put his phone down on the kitchen counter and followed her to the piano that was in the living room. he took a seat next to her on the bench, putting his sheets next to her.

"you think we're actually gonna sit like this, next to each other?" she asked him.

"i mean, yeah. if you looked at the notes, there's no way we're going to interfere with each other; we won't even cross paths."

she rolled her eyes, already irritated by his attitude. this is going to go great.

"we did pretty good." changkyun told her, putting his sheets on the table behind him. after a few hours, the practice was good indeed; they completed the whole song.

"yeah, we just have to practice our timings now that we made corrections." miso agreed.

"so, i'll see you on sunday then?"

"yep."

"nice job today, see you." he grabbed his phone and sheets and walked to the door, opening it; he then closed it shut immediately, making her confused.

"you're not gonna leave?" she asked.

"it's raining really hard. can i stay a bit until the rain calms down a bit?"

"i guess."

he nodded and put his stuff on the counter again, taking a seat on the couch in the living room. "you have a very comfortable couch, not gonna lie."

"don't get used to it. you'll be leaving soon anyway."

suddenly, her phone started to ring. she took her phone out of her pocket and saw that it was a video call from jooheon. she forgot all about him as he always called her around this time when they do homework together.

she looked at changkyun, who looked back at her, confused.

"hey, can i take this call real quick?" she asked him.

"yeah, i guess."

she nodded and answered the call, propping her phone up against a small box.

"miso, what's up with the timing; you always answer on the third ring!" jooheon asked.

"haha, sorry. i have a guest over he's-"

"he? does your mom know?"

"yeah, he-"

"is it minhyuk?"

"no, it's-"

"wait. is it that guy you have been talking about the past couple of days?"

"no, no, no! he's-"

"changkyun." a voice startled the two of them, especially miso; she looked behind and saw changkyun with his hands in his pocket. "hey, jooheon."

"h-hey."

"oh, i think our dinner just came." changkyun looked at his phone. "she'll call you back when i leave."

"okay, bye, miso!"

"wait!" miso said before jooheon hung up; she then looked at changkyun, irritated. "why did you do that?"

he gave her a smirk with his eyebrow raised. "a guy, huh?"