20

changkyun and miso both walked to the sushi stand they first saw each other. he looked at her while she read what was on the menu.

"so you like sushi, too?" he asked.

"mhmm."

she pulled some money out of her pocket and walked up to the counter to order. changkyun hesitated at first, but he walked in front of her and took out his wallet. "i will pay. what do you want?"

"i'll pay my own, relax."

"you do realize you're turning down a pretty good deal."

she sighed. "alright, i will take that."

she pointed to a sushi set on the menu and walked away from him, saving a table outside. she took her phone out and called her mother to let her know she would be late.

"hello?" she answered.

"mom, i won't be going with jooheon today. i stayed back to get something to eat with my partner."

"boyfriend?"

"no, my partner for the competition."

"ohh. that sucks, i got some sushi for us to eat."

"we can eat it for dinner."

"alright, see you soon, and be safe; love you, sweetheart!"

"bye, mom."

she hung up the call and looked back at the stand, where she caught changkyun looking at her. he pretended that he didn't and looked away, scratching the back of his neck. damn, i can't believe i'm younger than this guy. she thought to herself, giggling a bit.

after a few minutes, he walked to the table where she was sitting, with a plastic bag. he sat down in the seat across from her and took out the containers, giving one to her.

"thanks," she said, taking a sip of her coffee. he just nodded in response.

"now that we are here, we should properly introduce ourselves." he cleared his throat. "my name is im changkyun, and i'm eighteen years old. i have been playing the piano for almost eight years, and i joined the competition because my piano teacher told me to."

"alright. i'm park miso, and i'm sixteen years old. i have been playing the piano for ten years, and i joined the competition because of the same reason."

this introduction feels much more comfortable than jooheon and i's; this is a weird thought.

"ten years? so you were six when you first started to play?"

"yep."

"that is impressive. i don't know why i underestimated you in the first place."

"i ask myself the same question too."

he chuckled. "that reminds me of our first interaction."

"what do you mean?"

"when you cut in front of me, you said something with a similar attitude; are you always like that?"

"yeah."

"hmm, interesting, so, tell me some stuff about you. interests?"

"i'm not interesting at all. i only have a few friends and a couple of things i like."

"which is?"

"sleeping and coffee."

"oh. dogs or cats?"

"cats."

"black or gray?"

"gray."

"sweet or sour?"

"depends. i might have to go with sweet for now."

"wow, you are pretty chill."

"i know. too chill."

"true, true. you know, i think we could actually get along."

"you think?"

"yeah."

maybe he isn't so bad after all. miso thought, slowly smiling to herself as changkyun started to talk more.