65

~ a couple of days later ~

"you're up early." miso's mother told her daughter, seeing her walking downstairs.

"what do you mean?"

"yeah. you do realize you aren't going to the competition today, right?"

miso's mood dropped a bit, but she didn't want to show it. "you said i could, though?"

"you really think i meant that? don't act stupid. look at you and your wrist."

"okay and? changkyun and i made modifications, and i can play with my left wrist."

"miso. you aren't going to the competition."

miso's phone buzzed in her hand, and she checked to see who texted her.

changkyun

i'm here, don't make me wait long

"see you, mom." she quickly pecked her mother's cheek and rushed to the door, putting her shoes on.

"park miso. i swear if you take one step out of this house, i'm grounding you."

she didn't care about her punishments and only cared about her being late. she just shrugged and opened the door, quickly closing it behind her and rushing to changkyun's car.

she opened the door and got inside of the car, closing it and buckling herself in. she looked at changkyun, who just looked at her with his eyebrow raised. "not even a hello before coming in?"

"hey."

"so, how did your mom react?" he started up the car and reversed out of the driveway.

"she said she'll ground me. it's not like i have a social life anyway, i really don't care if i have my phone or not."

"wow, you're different than others, huh."

"i guess. that's what happens when you're a complete ass to everyone."

"everyone except jooheon and me."

"shut up."

he chuckled. "anyways, you practiced, right?"

"of course. why wouldn't i?"

her phone buzzed in her lap. she checked to see who texted her.

mom

you are grounded.

the message made her chuckle as she responded.

lol ok

M: who picked you up?

MS: changkyun
MS: mom, you know i want to compete. i've come too far to drop out all of a sudden.

M: your wrist miso, your wrist!
M: can't you see the point? i don't want to spend big money on your surgery!

MS: i'll make a deal with you
MS: after the competition ends, i'll stop playing.

M: forever?
MS: until my wrist gets better
MS: come on, mom, it's just this one time

M: fine
M: i can't pick you up though

MS: it's not like you do anyways
MS: don't worry, changkyun will

M: alright
M: good luck
M: love you

MS: thanks, mom
MS: love you too