26

only two groups went up to play, which made miso realize that she and changkyun were in the top four.

she listened to the first group play, which was kihyun and hyungwon. the conversation with kihyun popped into her mind, and it made her think. she knew it wasn't only about congratulating her, but she felt like something was going to come up out of nowhere.

being impressed like always by kihyun and his talent, miso wished she could play like him. in her opinion, he was better than changkyun. miso also looked up to kihyun as someone she wants to be just as good; she would like some time to compliment him, but she did not know if changkyun would be alright about it.

kihyun finished, and hyunwoo wrote some things down on his clipboard.

"that was pretty good," she whispered to changkyun, who just ignored her.

the second group of the front row played after hyunwoo gave them the signal, and they did well. seeing those who were doing good made miso question herself, now nervous all of a sudden.

what if i make a mistake, they are so good. miso thought to herself, trying to stay calm; what put more pressure on her was that she was the first to play for the back row.

"alright, nice job." hyunwoo praised as the pair finished. "back row, please switch with the front row."

miso and changkyun stood up from their seats and sat at the piano they always sat at. he sneakily gave her his sheets, which she quickly took and placed on the piano.

"alright, piano two, whenever you're ready," hyunwoo told miso, flashing her a smile; she looked at changkyun, who nodded, indicating that he was ready.

miso started to play, feeling anxious, but was relieved when she imagined herself playing at home. changkyun was also quick to flip the pages, making it easy for her to play.

after completing the four-paged piece, everyone applauded for her, including changkyun himself.

"amazing job, piano two." hyunwoo complimented, finishing up his notes on his clipboard. "piano three, whenever you're ready."

the pianist started to play, making slight mistakes at the beginning of the number. miso quietly sighed in relief, knowing that she and changkyun won't be the ones who would be going home.

"wow, they made a lot of mistakes." changkyun whispered in her ear, which she ignored. she didn't want to say anything wrong or instant karma would happen.

the pair on piano three ended with the wrong note, but the other contestants still clapped for them anyway; as usual, miso looked at changkyun, who just quietly chuckled. she shook her head, turning back to hyunwoo, who was about to make an announcement.

"nice job, piano three." he told them. "pianists, please go back to your seats."

miso and changkyun walked back to their seats, taking a sip from their drinks, relieved that it is over.

"i will announce the pair that will get eliminated today." hyunwoo announced, getting everyone's attention. "unfortunately, the last group will get eliminated. you both did a good job today. thank you for your effort!"

everyone applauded for the two, who just bowed and exited the room. what losers. changkyun thought, softly chuckling to himself.

hyunwoo passed out the assignments for next week and dismissed everyone. miso grabbed her drink and almost jogged out of the room, looking for jooheon to tell him the sudden change of plans.

changkyun, on the other hand, grabbed the cup holder of the two drinks and the piano sheets, also trying to catch up with her the best he could.

she decided to sit down by the water fountain, waiting for him to come; she then saw jooheon running out of his room and quickly jogging to her. she stood up, being hugged by him.

"i'm so sorry!" he apologized. "i forgot to give you your sheets; it must've been so hard without them, i'm very sorry."

"it's alright, i used my partner's instead," she replied, her face slowly starting to flush; he let go of the hug, then grabbed the folded music sheets from his pocket.

"i know you might not need these anymore, but i don't know what to do with them." he said, looking at the folded notes. "how about-"

"miso!" she turned around and saw changkyun catching up to her.

"are you going with him again?" jooheon asked.

she nodded, looking back at him. "i was going to tell you that now. i guess you read my mind, haha."

"i was going to say we could get something to eat while we're here and just talk, but i guess you have other plans."

"maybe we can hang out sometime this week?"

"yeah, we'll text each other tonight anyway so we can talk about it then; bye, miso!"

"bye, jooheon."

miso watched jooheon walk out of the center without turning his back once more to her. i feel so bad now. she thought, facepalming herself.