79

"m-my what?" miso asked, shocked about what they were doing.

"yeah, go to the driver's side. i'll sit on the other side."

she hesitantly got out of the car and walked over to the driver's side, looking at changkyun, who buckled himself.

"alright, you are going to become a driver one day, so you should start learning now." he started the lesson, looking at her. "step one, turn the car on."

"do you seriously trust me with your car?" she asked him, hesitantly touching the keys of the car.

"absolutely not, thats why i have this." he put his hand on the parking brakes, pulling it up and pushing it down. "this is called the parking brake. whenever you get close to a pole or something, i'll pull this, and the car stops, no matter what you do."

she turned the car on, looking at him for his approval.

"nice. now step two, buckle up."

she obeyed and strapped herself in, feeling more nervous with every step.

"alright, listen to me very closely now. you're going to put the gear shift in neutral."

she tried pulling the shift, but it didn't budge. "it's not moving."

"press the brakes, then pull."

she put her foot on the brakes and pulled the shift, which finally moved. she moved it, so it lined up the N. she looked up at him, who just smiled in approval.

"now listen to me very carefully, miso, if you don't, we are going to die. now, gently press the gas pedal. press it as if you're going for a breath on the damper pedal."

with little force, she pressed the pedal, and the car moved a bit. she jumped in her seat, scared that the car was moving because of her.

"don't be scared." he told her, in his calmest voice. "now, press on it a little more, holding it there for a few seconds."

"changkyun, i-i don't think i-"

"miso, stop doubting yourself; this is how you're going to mess up. just do it, don't worry, i'm here to stop the car if anything goes wrong."

she stepped on the gas pedal a little more, making the car move a bit faster and longer.

"press on the brakes gradually."

she did what he said, and the car stopped moving. she looked at him with a relieved expression, who put his hand out for a high five.

"pretty easy, right?"

"it's not that bad, actually."

"right? okay, i'm going to teach you how to turn; press on the gas pedal the same way you just did it. just press it longer."

she pressed the pedal again, holding it longer than the first time.

"you see how we're moving only forward, right?"

she nodded.

"okay, now turn the steering wheel until you can't turn it anymore, then let go of it."

"why don't i turn back?"

"the wheel does automatically."

she does what he says and successfully makes a left turn. he was very impressed by how well she was doing; she did better than him when he was first learning how to drive.

"nice, now, you see that pole over there? make a right turn around it."

she gulped and continued to drive at a slow speed, soon arriving at the pole. she steered the wheel so that it was right, then letting go after she was around it.

"alright, now that you finished turning, brake slowly."

she switched her right foot to the other pedal, pressing that down slowly. the car soon stopped, and she looked up and him for the next instructions.

"put the gear shift to park."

she moved the shift, parking the car.

"now, turn the car off."

she turned the keys to the left, the car now off completely. she sighed in relief that she didn't do any damage to his car, while he smiled like a proud father.

"wow, i didn't know you could do this good on your first try," he told her, looking at her. she looked back at him, smiling that she drove for the first time.

"same here. i didn't trust myself with a car before, but now, this really opened new doors for me."

"yeah, the fact that you drove my car, i trusted you this time."

"this feels like the first round we passed when i was the pianist, right? you didn't trust me at first, and-"

"well if you think about it, it's not the same. but, hey, believe what you wanna believe, you learned how to drive today."

she didn't say anything and stared out of the window on the side of her. wow, he really trusted me. she thought to herself, smiling like a fool.