9

"you're the one to talk." changkyun continued to argue.

miso looked back at him, rolling her eyes while he smirked. "you-"

"ohh, look who's here!" a voice startled the two, making them look up to see who that was; two men were standing right in front of them, their notes in their hands. she heard changkyun sigh while she was confused.

"how many times do i have to tell you to go away?" changkyun asked, leaning back in his chair.

one of them chuckled, then looked at miso. "you're park miso, the youngest one who made it in?"

she nodded, still being confused. "yes."

"i'm yoo kihyun, by the way, and this is my partner chae hyungwon." kihyun tilted his head to the guy next to him, who just nodded his head slightly.

"she didn't ask for your names, now go away." changkyun told them, shooing them with his hands.

"wow, miso, i feel bad for having a partner like him; you're stuck with a loser who auditioned for the third time." kihyun said, looking at her.

"you're such a hypocrite; this isn't your first time competing either." changkyun barked back.

"relax, this is only my second time. i'm curious about seeing how long you can last this time." kihyun turned to miso. "nice meeting you, park miso, i'm curious to see what you can do."

kihyun and hyungwon both bowed to her and walked away; miso turned to changkyun, who was glaring at them.

"idiots," he mumbled under his breath, loud enough for her to hear.

"well, they're nicer than you are," she told him.

he looked at her. "oh, you think they're nice? trust me; they aren't who you think they are."

"at least they gave me a nice first impression, unlike you."

"you too. your's wasn't so nice either."

"attention, everyone!" hyunwoo announced, getting their attention. everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at him. "now that everyone knows their partner and what they have to do, this is the end of today. next week, please report here, at the same time as you did today; elimination starts, so be well prepared! everyone is, dismissed!"

the competitors all stood up from their seats and filed out of the room. miso immediately walked out with the copies of the assignment, leaving changkyun behind. she looked around her to see jooheon, who was her ride home, and saw him nearby; he was sitting next to the fountain, his piano sheets and phone in his hands.

she quickly walked to him and got his attention; he looked up and smiled, standing up.

"all done?" he asked. she nodded. "i just texted my mom that we're finished. we should wait outside."

she followed him, not saying a word at all. the two then sat on a bench, not that close or far from each other.

"so, what division did you fall under?" he started a conversation.

"the professional one. you?"

"the middle. i had a feeling you were going to fall under there, congratulations."

"haha, thanks."

"so, are you a pageturner or a pianist?"

"page turner, sadly. you?"

"i got pianist. don't worry, though; i'm pretty sure the roles change throughout the competition."

"what do they do anyway? the page turners i mean."

"they actually play a big role, although it's literally what the name is, you have to follow the pianist in what they're playing; if you mess up once, the pianist will get lost immediately, and they'll mess up as well. mistakes play a huge part in the score, which is i think three-quarters of the overall number."

"oh. it sounds a bit boring, don't you think?"

"not going to lie, it does. but, i'm pretty sure you'll do a good job at it."

"oh wow, thanks."

"i don't wanna make you uncomfortable, and asking this is a little weird; could you give me your number? i won't text you if i don't have to, i'm not one of those weirdos that text people like three in the morning."

"it's no problem."

he gave her his phone, and she started to put in her number. while she did so, miso did not feel right with what jooheon said about texting her; she began to like the feeling of how he and she talked because he was not annoying like minhyuk. although this was the first time they actually talked, he made a pretty good first impression.

she gave him back his phone, and he smiled at her. "thanks."

a car pulled up in front of them, making jooheon stand up. "this is our ride. shall we go?"

she nodded and stood up as well, following him. he opened the door for her, making her enter the car first. he jumped in afterward, closing the door behind him.