14

"attention, everyone!" a man spoke in front of all of the competitors. "in case you forgot about me, hello. i'm son hyunwoo, the person in charge of this division. the first round will start shortly, so please be patient while i go out to help someone out real quick."

he walked out of the room, closing the door after him; miso then looked at changkyun, who looked tired all of a sudden.

"hey, are you okay?" she asked, being a little concerned.

"give me your coffee," he demanded.

"what?"

"i said i want a sip of your coffee. i'm bored."

she hesitantly gave him her cup, and he started to sip. she saw the dark liquid going from the cup through the straw, then disappearing into his mouth. i can't believe i just gave him my coffee. she thought to herself, watching him.

after taking a few more sips, he gave the cup back to her, feeling a little better. "you drink strong coffee, just like me. you have good taste."

"do you feel better, at least?"

"yeah."

she waited for him to at least thank her. is he really not going to thank me? "not even a thanks?"

"it's just a sip i don't have to."

"ugh, you're so annoying," she mumbled to herself, loud enough for him to hear.

"you know, you tend to mumble pretty loud. loud enough for the person you're talking crap about to hear."

"just shut up. you're irritating me."

he just chuckled while she sighed. hyunwoo came back into the room, making everyone nervous again; clearing his throat, he started to speak.

"i'm sorry for the wait. alright, let's get this over with." he announced, grabbing his clipboard from the top of one of the piano benches. "could i have the first three pairs in the front row go first?"

six contestants stood up from their chairs and walked over to the pianos. miso saw that kihyun and his page turner were there on the middle piano as they were getting their fingers ready. i wonder how good he is. he talks all that but is he actually good?

"we'll have the people on piano number one go first." hyunwoo announced. "good luck."

the two competitors started to play, the pianist playing while their page turner turned the pages. they aren't so bad. she thought to herself, applauding after they performed. hyunwoo wrote some notes on his clipboard and nodded at the two. "nice job. piano number two, you can start whenever you're ready."

the moment miso has been waiting for; she was very curious about how kihyun played since he always used to come up to them and talked down to changkyun. she was impressed by how he played, as his foot and head moved with the melody. changkyun, on the other hand, just sighed, used to hearing him play. the others all applauded after they finished, and hyunwoo wrote some notes on his clipboard as well. "nice job, boys. piano three, please start."

the pair on piano three played, and miso already knew that they were one of the people who would get eliminated. wow, they missed a whole section of the song. she thought to herself, putting her head down to prevent herself from laughing; however, she still applauded, despite the big mistake they made.

"did you hear that they messed up!" changkyun whispered in her ear, chuckling; she just nodded and smirked, not wanting to laugh.

"alright, the back row, please exchange with the people in front," hyunwoo instructed, putting his clipboard underneath his arm. changkyun and miso stood up from their seats and walked towards the piano where kihyun and hyungwon played, exchanging looks.

"good luck." kihyun whispered to changkyun as the two passed by each other. changkyun just shook his head, sitting on the piano bench while putting his sheets on the piano.

"i'm sure that we won't get eliminated after that group played." changkyun told his partner, tilting his head towards the third pair. miso just shook her head, not wanting to think of anything negative and other unnecessary thoughts. after all, she had to pay attention to what he was going to play.

if you mess up once, the pianist will get lost immediately, and they'll mess up as well. her teacher's words popped into her head; she decided to ignore everything changkyun was telling her and get her mind straight.

miso heard everyone applaud, making her realize that they were next; she closed her eyes quickly, praying that the two of them won't mess up.

"piano number two, start whenever you're ready!" hyunwoo announced, putting his clipboard underneath his arm.