71

the two arrived at the coffee shop, where changkyun finally let go of her hand.

"what do you want, brat?" he asked her, taking his wallet out of his pocket.

"that's not nice."

"it's your fault, now hurry up, what do you want? the usual black coffee?"

"yeah, i guess."

miso walked away from him and sat at one of the tables, rolling her sheets up. she sighed, looking at the fountain that was on the side of her. okay, maybe the new name kind of hurts now. she thought to herself, her mood slowly changing.

putting her head down, she closed her eyes, hoping that the thoughts will go away. don't worry, miso; he said he's proud of you, he is just joking. she kept on telling herself.

changkyun watched her little breakdown happen and tilted his head in confusion. she can't be tired, right? he thought to himself, thinking of what tired her out. maybe her wrist is just sore.

he came back to the table with the drinks, putting one in front of her. she did not budge for a few moments, still trying to stop herself from overthinking. as tough as she is, she tends to overthink a lot and is pretty sensitive about some things.

"your drink is here," he told her, hoping that she would look up or something. a small sniffle with a little shake from her shoulders came out as a response. he noticed it right away, as he continued to look at her. "miso, are you okay?"

she just nodded her head, not moving.

"is your wrist sore?"

she shook her head.

"are you tired?"

she nodded her head.

"at least look at me and say you're tired."

"i'm alright," she said, moving her head a bit.

"look at me."

"no."

"miso, look at me."

"why?"

"because i said so."

she looked up, covering her eyes with her hands. "i'm fine."

i'm such an embarrassment. why am i crying over something so small? she thought to herself, wanting to cry more. changkyun noticed her flushed cheeks and was more confused.

"are you sick? why is your face red?"

"it's the makeup."

"you don't even put makeup on, what?"

he saw me cry before; why am i so embarrassed? she looked up and the ceiling to fix her hair a bit, then wiping her eyes quickly.

"alright miso, you're just acting strange. what's up?"

just let him know you're sad. what's the worst that can go wrong? oh right, you're just too embarrassed, and you have so much pride.

"i, i, i don't know." she uncovered her eyes, and the wet eyelashes were noticeable. her eyes were a bit red too from her rubbing them a lot. it took a while for him to process what all that meant, and once he realized it, his heart sank.

"m-miso, were you crying?"

she didn't say anything and took a sip of her drink, looking to the side of her.

why was she crying? he thought to himself, thinking of everything that happened so far. oh my god, it was because of me.

changkyun was not very good at consoling, although he did a pretty good job at it the last time. it hurt him that she was sad because of him, and he was in an awkward position.

"miso, i'm sorry if i hurt your feelings in any way." he apologized, scooting his chair back.

"it's not because of you. it's just me."

"no really, don't blame this on yourself."

"i'm too sensitive to take a joke. it's just my bad. please."

so she gets sensitive when i call her a brat, but she likes it when i choke her neck? what's with this girl. he thought to himself.

"is there any way i can make you feel better?"

she thought about her answer, then smirked when she thought of the right one. "hug me."