64

the two walked downstairs to see that miso's mother was at the door, with a pizza box in her hands. changkyun was quick to help her out, as her mother was quite surprised by his sudden action. miso saw what he did, which made her smile a bit.

"where should i put this?" he asked her mother.

"on the table over there is fine." she pointed to the table that was in front of the couch. changkyun nodded and put the box on the table. miso's mother then looked at her daughter. "miso, did you eat at all today?"

"no."

changkyun was quick to turn his head at her and internally punched himself. i should have bought her something to eat before coming here. he thought to himself, feeling somewhat guilty.

"why?"

"i didn't feel hungry. it's not a big deal."

"changkyun, tell miso how important it is to eat." her mother suddenly brought him into the conversation, making him surprised. he met eyes with her, in which she glared at him.

"i mean, yeah, it's important," he told her, trying to find the right words.

"i'll eat now, it's alright, mom," she told her mother, going to the pizza box and opening it, taking a big piece, and putting it in her mouth.

he looked behind him and saw that her mother just shook her head while rummaging in the fridge. he turned to miso, who was sitting in the chair across from him.

she looked at him with one eyebrow raised, then looked at the pizza. gosh, that was so attractive. he thought to himself.

he cleared his throat and reached for a piece, and miso followed every move he made. she was making him a bit uneasy, as he ate it in discomfort.

"thank you for dinner." changkyun thanked miso's mother, grabbing his keys that were hanging by the door.

"no problem, changkyun; drive home safely!" she replied, walking to the door. she then looked at miso, who was sitting on the stools by the counter. "miso, you aren't going to say bye to changkyun?"

miso sighed and stood up, walking to the door. she then turned to her mother. "can you give us a second?"

"o-oh yes, sorry." her mother walked away, going somewhere in the house. changkyun was surprised by her attitude, which made him a bit confused.

"why did you ask her to leave?" he asked.

"for this." she then walked into him and hugged him, burying her face into his chest. he did not hesitate to hug her back, smiling as well.

"why are you doing this?"

"why are you asking so many questions? can't you shut up for once?"

"you-"

he slightly pushed her away from him, making her give him an offended look. "well, that was mean."

"that's what you get for that crappy attitude of yours."

"i see how it is. you don't like my hugs."

"when did i ever say that?"

"i know you liked it; you didn't hesitate but to hug me back. but since you pushed me away, i guess you can-"

he huffed and pulled her into a hug, making her smirk in victory. she hugged him back, which made him smile again.

the two pulled away from each other, their feelings for each other slowly starting to develop more.

"update me on the wrist, alright?"

"yes."

"alright. good night, brat."

"what did you call me?"

"i'm just kidding. good night, park miso."

"good night, im changkyun."

changkyun patted her head and opened the door, closing it after him. she held her heart, breathing quickly. these new feelings, oh dear.

she heard his car start in the driveway, so she rushed to the couch and peeked under the curtain. she only saw the headlights since it was black and dark, and saw the lights came smaller slowly. now seeing the whole car in view, it was quick to disappear. she sighed and moved out of the curtain, sad that he was gone.

i won't see him until saturday, or a day sooner. miso thought to herself. wow, that is long.