12

"miso? are you ready to order?" jooheon asked her as he waved his hand in front of her face; miso shook her head, realizing that she was spacing out.

"o-oh, sorry. i'll take the same as last time, a coffee," she replied, being a bit embarrassed. he just nodded and smiled, taking his wallet out; she touched her pocket, which she remembered that she put a bill in, and stopped him.

"i can pay for this one," she told him, taking out her money.

he just chuckled. "don't worry, i'll pay; this is my way of starting this new friendship."

she just slightly smiled. "thanks."

"no problem. could you hold these then?"

he then gave her his music notes; she nodded and walked outside the stand, sitting on a table. starting a new friendship, is that what he does? she thought to herself. i'm thinking of this all in the wrong way; he's doing it to be a friend, not trying to flirt or hit on me at all.

he came back a couple of minutes later with two drinks in his hand, giving her her coffee. he sat in front of her, taking a sip of his.

"thanks." she started to drink hers as well.

"no problem; you know, my mom was right. we do get along pretty well."

"yeah, we do. literally, you are the one person in a long time i think isn't irritating."

"really?"

"yeah. don't take it the wrong way though, i mean in a friendly way."

"yeah, i know. could i also have my notes back?"

she quickly gave them back to him. "haha, sorry."

"it's all good, don't worry."

it was a bit awkward for a while until miso broke the silence; it was something she rarely did, so it took a lot of guts to say what she wanted to say.

"you know, if you want to, you can text me whenever. i don't mind." she finally said, digging her fingernail into her hand underneath the table.

"oh really? that is cool. i'll do it whenever i can then," he replied, smiling. she smiled too, glad that he didn't say anything hurtful in response.

"attention; all competitors of yeongnam piano competition, please report to the main room." a voice boomed throughout the center.

"shucks. i wish i could relax more," jooheon said, sighing.

"same here. i don't want to compete now."

"well, we should get going. we don't want to be tardy, right?"

the two stood up, their notes and drinks in their hands. she followed him to the room, the two staying quiet.

they arrived at the line, where people were getting checked in to their rooms; the line was moving a bit fast, making her feel more anxious.

the two were almost to the front. jooheon turned to miso and smiled. "good luck."

she smiled as well. "you too."

he turned back to the line, where he was next to get checked in. he walked off to his room, looking back at her and waving his hand; she did a small wave to him too, which made her grin and continue to her room.

"name?" the man asked her.

"park miso."

"room three, good luck today."