43

"so, you're a girl with little words, hmm?" kihyun started a conversation, breaking the silence.

"uhh, yeah, you can say that." miso replied.

"introverted, that's kinda normal. i assume you're one of those people when once you get to know them, they become complete extroverts?"

"surprisingly, no. i try to stay silent the best i can and say stuff when needed to."

"and some of those words are a bit straightforward, right?"

"y-yeah. how did you know?"

"when you first came into the car. i made that joke, and then you took it a bit seriously. not a big fan of jokes?"

all of a sudden, a flashback came to her head when changkyun was joking with her. she then became a bit embarrassed, wishing that the thought didn't come back.

"i mean, i am a big fan. there's just a difference between being serious and being funny."

"so, you're a serious person, right?"

"correct."

"and, you're a smart girl as well?"

"not that smart."

"lies i smell. i also remember the director saying earlier in the competition that you're the youngest to compete against all of us. i'm pretty sure he told us your age, but i forgot. remind me, how old are you?"

"sixteen."

"oh, yeah, that sounds familiar. junior?"

"yep."

"in case you were wondering, i'm a senior."

mhmm, knew that already. "oh really? how's it like?"

"it's a bit depressing but exciting. i'll be graduating this year, so that's good. i'll miss my teacher though, the teachers were actually nice at that school, unlike my intermediate school."

"oh."

another silence passed through, the two not knowing what to talk about; miso knew what answers she wanted from him, but she decided to ask him at the cafe.

"well, we're here." kihyun announced, stopping the car; the ride was silent after that conversation, which made miso uncomfortable. she unbuckled her seatbelt and opened the car door, looking around to see the convention center not far from where she was.

she then looked in front to see a pretty small cafe with cute white heart stickers stuck to the window.

"coming in?" she heard kihyun ask, seeing him walk in front of her. she nodded and followed him.

he opened the doors for her, and she nodded her head as thanks. the inside was very aesthetically pleasing for her; there were white walls with black furniture while all of the workers wore matching aprons as uniforms.

the two walked to the counter, where she started to look at the different foods and drinks they served. it wasn't anything new from any other coffee shops other than other foods such as doughnuts and smoothies.

"hello, what would you two like?" the barista asked. kihyun looked at miso, who pointed to the menu of what she wanted.

"that's all?"

she nodded. "it's not lunch or anything. why would i get something big?"

"alright, she'll take that," he told the barista, pointing to the menu. he then leaned towards miso's ear. "go find us a table."

she nodded and walked away from kihyun, finding a small table by the windows. she quickly went straight for it, hanging her little purse on her chair.

"oh? are you park miso?"