26. Crippling base

(Woah! An update!!)

It was more difficult on the next day. More torture followed my friend as his new girlfriend had got even more violent.

This didnt seem to stem from simple annoyance. Why did it seem like she had a more personal reason for her attacks? And why did she write a love poem for him if she hates him?

Whatever her reasons, they didnt make any sense. Perhaps Zim wouldnt be trying so hard if she didnt write that poem. Maybe I should've confessed sooner.

He insisted that I meet him at his base later that day and so I waited along with an upside down Gir and Zims computer as we had a nice conversation during a game of UNO.

"Did you know that 70 percent of relationships get ruined by UNO?" I questioned, placing down a green 7 and smugly looking up at the computer, who still had yet to get rid of 9 cards against my winning 2 cards.

"That's not correct. It's actually 87 percent" they rebuked, placing down a green 6.

I placed another card down right after, winding up with a single card in my hand.

"UNO!" I spoke, causing Gir to laugh and bounce over to watch the game.

I paused before joking "If its 87 percent then is our relationship safe?"

The computer gave a light chuckle before they spoke up, earning a confused glance from myself and a cheeky giggle from Gir.

"I dont know, you tell me" they replied, placing down a pick-up-4 card.

I took an exaggerated gasp, leaning back in my spot on the floor. I gazed up at the claws that gripped the cards tightly.

"How dare you!"

I pointed an accusing finger in the direction of the ceiling, not quite sure where exactly I should be pointing. I heard echoey laughter emit from the machine, prompting Gir to laugh too.

Reluctantly, I picked up four cards and awaited the computers turn once more.

They placed down another pick up four card. ARE YOU KIDDING!?!

I snarled at the second card, not bothering to say anything. The computer could kiss our friendship goodbye!

I picked up another four cards, putting computer at the advantage.

It didnt take long for me to start regretting challenging a computer to a game of UNO. Before I knew it, I was eating my own words and listening to the horrible boasting that came with it.

I didnt have much time to speak before the door swung open, computer stopped gloating and Zim marched through the door with smoke rising from his form.

"You're on Fire!" Claimed Gir, still standing on his head.

"Am I?" He questioned, taking a glance down at himself. He didnt even seem phased.

"Zim you have to break up with Tak! Shes torturing you!" I exclaimed, pulling myself onto my feet.

I walked over, grabbing his hand and pulling him to sit on the couch. I then made my way to the kitchen, grabbing a cool cloth and coming back in.

"Hold this over your burns" I instructed, handing it to him.

He did as I asked, melting into the back of the couch with a groan. He looked exhausted.

There was a countless number of scratches and bruises all over his body. There were dark circles forming at the bottoms of his eyes and the disguise he was wearing was crooked and loose. All in all, he looked like he was dragged through hell and back.