16: Zims' breakdown (edited)

This one was a little OOC for zim but I feel like this is a really important chapter. Also I'm now sad so you guys should suffer with me!

I stood in front of Zims house. Honestly, it was the last thing I was prepared to do on a Sunday morning.

We hadn't spoken since Friday and I'd be lying if I said I was completely confident about going to see Zim. Our argument didnt exactly end well and I know for a fact that he hates being ignored.

I'm planning to apologise, but only if he does so too. I have a right to go and see other people and Zim needs to accept that or he cant be my friend.

I knocked on the door.

I took a deep intake of breath nervously as I heard an excitable Gir squealing on the other side before another voice screamed "Computer! Whose at the door?!"

The computers voice remained muffled so I couldnt hear much. The only thing I could recognise was my name.

"Y/n?...." spoke zim through the door, neglecting to open it.

"Zim, could you let me in? I think we should talk about the other day" I asked, keeping my voice low and soft as to not scare him out of it.

He said nothing, but I could hear the lock of the door click before it swung open.

Zim wasnt wearing his disguise, which suprised me. His eyes avoided my gaze and his antennae laid flat against his head. He held his hands close to his chest until Gir walked past with a soda in his mouth.

The little robot marched out in his disguise, loudly claiming that he'll be back later. Zims eyes followed and remained stuck on his assistant, watching him walk off, antennae now shot up in alert. They stayed like that until Gir had vanished out of sight.

His eyes finally met my own. He took a breath and pushed the door open further and walking into his house. I followed him in, taking a seat on the couch beside him.

"so...." I started awkwardly. His gaze fell on me, making me shrink and my confidence fall.

"Why are you here?" He asked, turning away with gritted teeth. His tone was harsh but there was something else in his tone that I couldnt quite pick up on.

I attempted getting back on track.

"I'm here because I dont want to argue." I took a breath. He didnt turn around but his eyes were locked on me. "I know we both said some stuff that we didnt really mean so I think we should talk about it"

"Talk about it? What good would that do?" He questioned bitterly, frowning.

"Zim, it's ok. Sometimes people inevitably end up having small arguments. And that's ok because we can talk about it and resolve it. But we both need to recognise what we did wrong" I answered, placing a hand on his shoulder.

He flinched at the touch and his body tensed. However, he nodded at my words, slowly turning to me.

"So what did we do wrong?"

"Well what do you think went wrong?" I asked, hoping hed see his mistake.

"Hmm..." he thought to himself before snapping his finger and pointing in realisation "Oh! You refused to come over yesterday! That's what went wrong!"

I groaned in annoyance, burying my face in my hands. Zim tilted his head in confusion.

"Zim, did YOU do anything wrong?" I asked, urging him to realise it on his own.

"Uh...." he froze is shock. Did he finally realise what he did?!

He shook "Ah ALRIGHT I CONFESS!" he screamed out. Finally I was going to get him to admit tha-