9. Gir and Y/n's disco play-date (edited)

I couldnt believe my eyes.

I was shoved into a large disco room filled with blinding stroble lights and crowds. The room was dimmed and the lazers moved through the room in their own dance. It wouldve looked so much cooler if the mob of people weren't stuffing themselves into the party.

Ahead of me was a variety of young adults and teenagers. They were all dancing like there was no tomorrow.

Gir had pulled me through the doors. I had assumed that, when he asked me out on a play date, he meant we'd go out for tacos or something.

It turns out, Gir was seemingly able to adapt to earth so fast that he could easily get involved with social events such as parties. Maybe he should teach Zim how to fit in like this. In fact, he should teach me too. How does he socialize so well?

It wasnt long before I had lost Gir in the crowd. It wasnt suprising, really. Knowing Gir, I'm sure hes totally fine.

I walked over to the buffet table, just grabbing some snacks and sitting in an empty chair. I sat next to a girl who seemed as awkward and unsure as myself. I snuck a few short glances in her direction as I scanned the room for Gir.

Nothing. Not even a flash of green.

"Looking for someone?" Said the girl who sat beside me, tilting her head in emphasis.

She gave me a curious glance. It was then I noticed how pretty she is.

Her hair was a charcoal black colour, pulled up into a side ponytail with bangs dropped down the side of her face. Her dark skin appeared absolutely flawless in the light of the disco. Her green eyes lit up in curiosity.

"Just my friend....he kind of dragged me here for a play date thingy." I shrugged.

"I hear that! Parties arent my thing. Can you tell?" she claimed with a laugh and a smile, opening her arms to gesture for herself and her current bored position.

I gave a light chuckle.

"I'm Y/n." I said, holding a hand out.

"Lorena, but you can call me Lori", she grasped my hand and shook it. We smiled at eachother.

Our small talk turned into mindless chatter. It was rather nice talking to someone who didnt take so long to open up. I loved hanging out with Zim but sometimes it could be rather annoying to be patient.

Lori was a great change of pace. She was rather honest and pretty funny. We shared the same terrible sense of humour and she was very easy to talk to.

"You dont have any friends back at school?" She questioned, eyebrow raised.

"Well I hang out with people but...I dont necessarily have friends. Though there is a new kid that I'm trying to be friends with..."

"Well hows that going?"

I sighed, looking at the "oh so interesting" floor in front of me.

"That good huh?" She responded, sarcasm laced in her tone. "Surely it's not that bad?"

"Well, me and Zim are on good terms but....hes the kind of person you have to be patient with."

"Long time opening up?"

I nodded.

"That doesnt sound so bad" she spoke, earning a shocked expression from me. She continued. "If you put in the time and effort, eventually this guy will open up. And if you can get him to do that....well...itll mean that you two will have one of the strongest relationships friends can have. It may seem difficult now but, with a little time and patience, it'll all be worth it"

I gaped at her, staring right through her. She was right. As long as it takes, if....no, When I get Zim to open up and feel safe enough to share his space with me, it'll mean more in the end. We'll know we can trust one another. I smiled at her.

"Thanks Lori, your right"

"I know I am, darling. I'm a ravenclaw, I'm full of wisdom" she declared with a wink and a laugh. I chuckled.

Gir waddled over to me, jumping up and down in excitement.

"COME DANCE WIF MEEE!!" he yelled over the music, pulling at my trouser leg adorably.

"This your friend?" Asked Lori, to which I nodded. She smiled, standing.

"You wanna come with us?"

"Nah, I should really be on my way, Dollface. But if ever you need anything," she pulled out a notepad and wrote something on it before ripping it out and handing it to me. "Just give me a call"

She exited with a wink.

I looked down at the slip of paper in my hand. Surely enough, there was Lori's number. I smiled, stuffing the ball of creases into my trouser pocket before Gir grabbed my leg again.

He lead me to the middle of the dance floor where three ladies were already dancing. It seems Gir already got a small fan club since he got here.

It took a while for me to gain confidence, but Gir was really, really good at getting what he wanted. Why do you think I'm on this playdate to begin with. Girs super power is getting what he wants.

Before I knew it, I was doing stupid dancing along with the rest of the people in this stuffy room.

I had met the three ladies who had been dancing with Gir. They were pretty Drunk, though they were also very nice. I was very relieved to hear them offer to give Gir and I a ride home in the morning.

Unfortunately, the morning actually meant the afternoon by the time we actually woke up.