22. Mars attacks! (literally)

"This is pointless, Y/n! This planet's a ROCK! A useless wasteland!" Zim claimed, standing on a structure resembling a face.

"Well whining about it wont help" I exclaimed, not moving away from the voot cruiser.

"IM NOT WHINING!!!" He yelled, pretty much just proving my point.

He must've noticed because he was very quick to turn around, clearing his throat, and continuing with what he was saying. "Whoever they were, they left no sign of what wiped them out. They just left these stupid structures here to taunt me. I HATE THEM!"

I looked up as he continued his rant, kicking a skull. "And I hope they d-"

I almost laughed at his realisation before he gave a short one himself along with an "oh yeah".

"I can see up his nose!" Said GIR in proud proclamation, pointing at the structures nose and completely clueless as to what was going on.

Zim only kept talking, as usual. Ignoring the random statements of his robotic assistant and his human- friend tag-along. "This means more time on Earth" he started, chucking the skull off the face and onto the rocky planet surface before it explodes. "with the stench of humanity. Filthy Humans!"

Some kind of ringing begins to emit from the statue, alerting the irken and myself in confusion.

"What is that sound?" I question, looking over at Zim in query and concern as he shrugs from the top of the statue.

Out of nowhere, the planet seems to shake. Mars gets earthquakes?.....Marsquakes? It didnt matter because suddenly the ground was splitting itself open and light shines out of the cracks in the large structure that Zim is perched on top of.

He leaps off, landing on his back with a grunt beside where I stood.

The result was indescribable.

Large metal gadgets surrounded the planet out of nowhere, large holes in its backside formed into giant engines and a pilots chair was set in place.

Gir waddled over in interest as we gazed up in shock at the sight before us.

"What is this?" I questioned, looking between Zim and Gir for ideas. I knew there wasnt much chance theyd know but i was sure theyd at least have better ideas than me.

With no response, Zim leads Gir and I towards the pilot chair, taking the seat as it automatically adjusts to his size. He pushes a button on a screen in front of him as I watch from behind, leaning against the back of the seat.

A holographic image appeared, resembling the skull of the marshian that Zim kicked earlier. They appeared very enthusiastic and actually had skin.

"Welcome pilot! How ya doin'?" Ok, I liked this guy already. His introduction was just so friendly!

"Who are you? What is all this?" My friend asked, getting straight to the point.

"I am all that is left of my people, an interactive instruction manual for the incredible vessel YOU are now a pilot of." Explained the hologram, baffling me where I stood.

So, if I just heard correct, Mars was a giant space vessel that Zim was now able to pilot. It seemed unreal. The irken seemed to glaze over that fact very quickly.

"Your people were instruction manuals?" He questioned, clearly puzzled. I only snorted, attempting to keep my laughter to a minimum.

This made the hologram just as bewildered as he gave a "no" and a "huh?"

Man, it was hard to keep myself composed with this exchange. Man, I love hanging out with Zim!

Snapping them out of it, I decided to question the more important part of the explanation.