37. Solo mission

(Sorry this took so long, wonderful peeps. I wanted to bring this out sooner but then I had an epiphany and now I have big plans coming for this story. I cant wait to release my future chapters! I have some big stuff coming your way😘❤)

"Not a chance" bluntly stated the red tallest, glaring at me after his brief explanation for why helping Zim was out of the question.

"But-"

"No!" Yelled the purple leader, pointing a finger at me.

"I-"

"Silence!" he screeched again.

I closed my mouth, realising this was getting me nowhere.

I lowly growled under my breath, awaiting for the tallest to finish and allow me to speak.

"Listen human, you may or may not have not noticed but we honestly couldnt care less if Zim was on foodcourtia or on Earth. In fact, we'd prefer if he were to fly himself straight into a dying star!" The red one had stated once again, dismissively waving his hand as if he hadn't just wished death upon somebody.

My eyes widened at his claim, snapping quickly into a glare before saying things that I had not intended to say.

I spoke before thinking and the price would surely be large.

"How can you say that!? Zim is amazing and you have no right to treat him this way!" I exclaimed, unable to stop once I begun. "Hes always working harder than anyone else and his loyalty to you is boundless! If all of irk were to turn their back on you, as they should, Zim would probably be the only one still by your side! So dont you dare say these things about him!"

By the time I was finished, I had my fists clenched tightly at my sides and my breaths were short. My composure had completely been broken and I only realised the terrible mistake I had made a moment after, when the purple Irken had dropped his donuts in complete shock.

Neither tallest spoke after that, staring at the screen with wide eyes.

"Uh..." I trailed off, quickly standing straight. "Computer end the call!" I quickly demanded, pointing a finger above me without turning my gaze somewhere else.

The tallest had vanished from the screen, soon being replaced with an angry monkey episode.

I clenched my hands over my arms, hugging them tightly and trying to regain the composure I just lost. What did I just do?!?

"Its not as bad as you think." Said computer, putting a mechanical claw on my shoulder.

"Dont lie to me."

"....yeah, okay. You did kinda screw up..." they confessed, trailing off a little.

Hearing them say it just made me groan in annoyance at my actions. I fell against the couch dragging my hands slowly down my face in regret, trying to think of some way out of this as well as a way to get Zim back.

The only option I had was laid out in my mind and it didnt take long for me to decide to follow that plan with certainty.

"Wait, Y/n what are you doing?" Questioned computer with a nervous edge in their tone.

I had grabbed my space suit out of Zims closet and quickly put it on over my clothes, walking towards the trash can.

"If the tallest arent going to do anything, then I will rescue Zim myself!" I spoke, getting into the can and activating the elevator, descending into the base.

I walked towards the second elevator once I had hit the floor, pushing a button to my side before being taken up towards the roof of the house where the voot cruiser was docked.