15. Yes, I am psychic (edited)

I sat on a bench with Lori. She was frantically and excitedly asking me all sorts of questions. I couldnt help but laugh at the giddy posture she held, bouncing him her seat as she awaited my answers. It was cute.

She was very curious as to how I knew about a huge flood that destroyed the city. It came out of nowhere, so naturally Lori began questioning if I was psychic.

You know, as you do.

"Are you psychic?"

"Yes, I am psychic" I replied with humour and sarcasm lacing my tone. We could only laugh as I pretended to read her mind. Placing two fingers on each of my temples, I gave her a hard stare as she began telling me to "use the force".

We laughed and we laughed hard.

"Seriously though, how did you know?" She asked when her laughter died down.

What was I meant to tell her? That I caused the flood? That I did it with my alien friend? No way, shed probably take it as a joke and then expect the "real" explanation.

"I uh....well I didnt know, I was just told by someone else" I said, deciding it would be less suspicious to tell her that i didnt know either.

Lori seemed to believe it.

"So hows stuff going with that Zim friend of yours? Any progress?" She asked, eyes filled with interest.

I could only sigh. We still hadn't resolved the conflict from yesterday.

"It was going really well but....we had an argument yesterday." I confessed.

She frowned at my words, asking what happened. I told her without a second thought.

"And now I'm sure hes holding a grudge"

"Wow, sounds rough. You were right to walk away. You are your own person, screw what he thinks. It's your choice." She raged, swinging an arm over my shoulder and raising a fist to the heavens.

"I dont want to fight but if he cant grow up, then I wont put up with it." I smiled.

She only beamed at me, looking like a proud mother. I almost laughed.

"You deserve respect, hon. So dont give him the satisfaction. Your worth so much more than that! Dont be a pushover for anyone who cant see it"

She was always so good at giving me advice. Her positive energy and encouragement was so contagious and reassuring that I couldnt extinguish the joy that washed over me.

We finally moved on from the topic of Zim and dicided to talk about Lori. I learned so much about her within the span of two hours.

For example, shes Spanish, her favourite fruit is grapes and she can play the violin. Simple, not important, conversations and interests. But they really ignited a strong relationship between us. Right now, Lori was something I really needed. Normality.

We were having a good time. Buying food and hanging out. It was almost like a play date. It was just more normal than the one Gir organised. I loved the little robot but I didnt see him for most of the night. It wasnt what I had in mind when he asked me to go on a play date.

When we finished, I finally noticed how late it was getting. The darkness of the night was slipping into view and the sun dimmed and subtlety began to vanish out of sight. I had to get home fast.

I stumbled through the bustling streets of the city, dodging grown ups and children alike.

I almost tripped over an alien-ish looking chihuahua that I'd seen around. I'm sure that dog is often anywhere Zim is and freaking him out. I think Zim called him "MADNESS" or something like that.

I glanced at the dog awkwardly. It only stared back. It was creepy, to say the least but I didnt really pay too much mind to it. If this dog is an alien, I would not be suprised.

I continued walking, not looking away from Madness. I refused to break eye contact until I was around the street corner. Once I was, I had let out a breath of relief, now knowing I had arrived on my street.

My hand reached for the door of my house but took a moment to freeze. I hesitated to touch it, looking over at the green house across the road. Should I go and talk to him?

I shook my head, pushing the door open quickly and entering. Perhaps I should just go over tomorrow like I said I would?

Honestly, I knew I was avoiding and probably should address it sooner than later but my subconscious made me halt and retreat back into my house.

Yeah, I'll go see him tomorrow...