11. the sky cries poison (edited)

Sorry I'm a little late with this chapter. I've been very busy. I hope you guys understand.

After the incident with, what me and Zim decided to call, the "attack of the saucer morons" things had seemed to grow gradually more problematic for both Zim and myself.

The ever consistent problem wasnt even an issue at first. It was suprising at how little we'd seen out of it.

But I realised the time we didnt see Dib was just him plotting some elaborate scheme to expose the alien. Every attempt failed, fortunately. But it was clear that he was beginning to get to Zim.

At first I thought Dib was actually leaving the alien subject be and coming to his senses but...I guess old habits die hard. For him at least. It started with more accusations of my friends alien origin but over time it moulded itself from a tiny candle into an ever growing fire.

Accusations turned into teasing, which turned into flat out insults. Then Dib attempted threats. It didnt really get to zim. Of course on occasion they'd trigger a sense of paranoia but nothing really happened. Dib never did anything to physically hurt Zim though.

Well....until today...

We were sat in a paste filled room. Globs of it soaked the walls and dripped from the, already damp, ceiling. Keef had been pasted onto the ceiling and a couple of other student had been stuck to desks.

"So, young man, now you see theres a price to pay for eating paste." Said an annoyed miss Bittters, standing in front of the class with Melvin.

The boy had a mouth covered in paste and a vacant expression. He was always a little bit of a weirdo who did unexplainable things for no reason. But I kind of liked that about him. He was adventurous and I could safely say that he never left me bored.

"Would you say that losing the use of your mouth was worth it?" She finished, seeming further angered.

Melvin only nodded with a hum, to which Zim laughed at.

"Stupid, silent glue boy!"

Almost immediately after the words were spoken, a rumble sounds throughout the room. This earns a worried glance from zim. Rain pelted down on the concrete outside whilst thunder made even more growling sounds. Only keeping the irken on high alert.

Zim looks over at the window, watching the droplets of water pour from the sky like bullets. Man, it was getting pretty heavy.

It was extremely dark outside. The water was only getting harsher as time went on. Every second just seemed to speed up the rains pounding at the floor. I was almost convinced that I'd see dents in the floor for when I leave the school.

Dib popped up from behind Zim out of literally nowhere! How did he do that!?!

"What's wrong, Zim? Dont they have rain on your planet?" He provoked, leaning closer as if to interrogate him.

Zim wouldnt give him the satisfaction.

"Of course! We, oh, such rain we had! Eh, it was delicious!" He said, making exaggerated gestures to the window. Yeah.....something told me that Zim has no idea what rain is. I laughed a little.

Lightening strikes, making the room grow an electric blue for a split second and causing Zim look over to me nervously. I too was quite nervous.

I think I left my umbrella at home...

When the bell finally rang, our classmates ran out of the room. Why did they like rain so much? I understand when your inside and you can hear the raindrops patter against the roof of your house but I'd never want to be in it.