33. mixed feelings

(Tried drawing how I pictured Lori. Hope you like her!😊)

Zorphic had lead me down a path in the park, weaving in and out of my legs a few times as he made his suggestions.

"So how do you plan on helping me make up with Lori? Isnt just walking over and talking to her my best option?" I inquired, raising a brow at the alien near my feet.

He took a long pause, awaiting for an elderly couple to pass us before he answered.

"She's occupied with her sister, correct? Which means that shed probably be too distracted to talk." He started, hinting at his plan.

"So what? You'll be like an alien babysitter?" I concluded, watching him stop in his path to witness a squirrel run across a tree branch.

No wonder I mistook him for a real dog.

The chihuahua padded up to the tree, placing his paws on the trunk and attempting to look up at the squirrel. His tail wagged excitedly before he looked towards me.

It was rather amusing.

"Y/n, I would like your assistance!" He exclaimed, completely disregarding the humans around him.

There was a murmer of gasps around us but no one seemed to act on it. Humans are so dumb...

Well, with a few exceptions.

I walked over to zorphic, who kept looking from me to the squirrel eagerly. Its was very strange. A second ago he was having a serious conversation with me, now hes occupied with a squirrel.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked cautiously, bringing a hand to my waist and shifting my weight onto one foot.

Zorphic was quick to reply, moving away from the tree and standing on hind legs when he turned to face me.

"Pick me up and hold me towards the branch of the tree!" He exclaimed, jumping back and forth.

It was getting wierd.

Zorphics stern demeanour and rather cold attitude had vanished, being quickly replaced with puppy-like attributes. (Literally)

"Like the lion king? Why?" I asked, quickly coming to a conclusion that he wanted to see the squirrel up close.

Why he was so eager to see it remained unknown.

"I've been trying to research squirrels for days! But I can never reach them" explained the shapeshifter, landing back on all fours and turning back to his stern demeanour.

"Well squirrels are afraid of dogs..." I muttered, kneeling down and holding my arms out.

Zorphic quickly crawled onto my legs, turning around and lifting his paws over my closest arm. I pulled my hand under and stood up, lifting him as high as I could to give him a glimpse of the tiny mammal.

His fur was rougher than I first thought it would be, really emphasising that he was in fact not a dog. In fact, his form gave an impression that he didnt even know fur existed. It just looked like fur, whatever it was.

Zorphic sniffed around, directing me where to hold him every now and then whilst he followed the squirrel. Said animal was very fast and avoided Zorphic at all costs, running to different trees and branches. We couldnt keep up.

Out of breath, the two of us decided to take a brief moment to recover. There was no sign of the squirrel.

Normally I wouldnt care about seeing squirrels, as they were fairly common in this area. But I had become very eager to help Zorphic out and I had no idea why.