13. Operation "drown the planet" is ago! (edited)

On monday, I had woke up to Zim. I guess I had stayed in his base all night. He had shaken me awake urging me to get up. I pushed him away, not moving my head from the desk.

He growled in frustration. "Y/n, get up!" He demands. I groan as he grabs my shoulders, pulling me up from the desk.

"How are you not tired!?" I asked, with drowsy eyes and a half-hearted glare.

He looks confused. Do Irkens not sleep?

"I dont get tired" he claimed. Was he looking down on me for sleeping? I almost laughed at the thought.

"Mhm. Ok. Well, then I'm sure you wont get tired carrying me to school!" I smirked, laying my head back on the table.

I didnt need to look at Zim to know he was burning holes into my skull with his glare.

"Zim, will do no such thing!" He screamed defensively.

"Relax, it was a joke" I claimed, sitting back in my chair, stretching against it and standing up.

"I knew that!" He countered, clearly lying. I could only smile. Something about his pride was just super hard to dislike. He changed the subject quickly. "Come on, its monday! We need to initiate 'operation drown the planet' on the Dib-monkey"

"We should probably change that name to something simpler..." I said as he walked to his ships hanger. I followed him.

"Dont be ridiculous" he said, climbing into the, no longer destroyed, purple ship.

"Are you sure this ship is okay to fly now?" I asked, nervous to even touch it.

"Do you doubt my reparation skills!?" He asked offended. "Of course it's okay to fly. In fact, it's better than okay!" He yelled, pulling me to sit in the ship.

My nerves did not improve but I wanted to trust Zims word. I slowed my breathing and held on to the ships side.

It hovered for a moment as the roof above us had split in half, moving out of the way for zim to fly us out. The vessel remained steady and kept itself together as we flew. I felt a little safer knowing this.

"What's the name of your ship anyway, zim? Or do irkens not name their vehicles?" I asked, sitting up properly, now comfortable enough to let go of the ship and place my hands on my knees.

"We do name our ships. This is the Voot Cruiser!" He claimed proudly, looking over and smiling.

He looked ahead of him again rather quickly as we were about to hit the atmosphere. I crawled towards the voot's window, looking out as the blue sky rained orange flame before it vanished and was replace with the deep, dark void of space. I gaped in awe at the sight.

"What's wrong? Your acting like you've never been to space before" said zim, bemused by my astonishment.

"....I haven't"

"What? Are you serious?" He yelled.

I only nodded at him in response.

"Humans dont really have access to technology that advanced. So we cant just fly out whenever we like...unfortunately"

He turned his head away, in a thinking motion.

"Well I suppose...one day i could....take you to some pretty nice places in the universe.....maybe..." he mused awkwardly, looking towards me quickly before refusing to make any further glance my way.

I could only smile at his offer. "That sounds amazing. Thank you!"

He didnt say anything, nor turn to face me, but I swear I saw the smallest hint of a smile on his face.