8. Germaphobic? (edited)

Zim sat in front of me, pushing his tray of food to the side as he took his seat. He could only look at the food in disgust as I continued to mentally question his choices.

Normally i was questioning my own choices. But Zim really stooped to a new level if I'm questioning him.

He was still covered in meat.

"Zim, why....are you covered in meat?" I questioned simply, looking him up and down. Might as well get to the point.

He seemed insulted by my question and held a stern gaze.

"I'm simply trying to continue my mission without having to be concerned about the germs" he said, putting dramatic emphasis on 'germs'.

I guess that movie really got to him, huh?

"Is this about the movie Gir had us watch? I understand why it'd make you a little paranoid but for it to make you germaphobic?"

Once again, Zim hadn't understood my phrasing. He didnt even have to ask for me to understand why he was holding a quizzical expression.

"Germaphobic means someone has a fear of germs" I explained simply, shrugging.

He nodded along in understanding before pausing and looking insulted once again.

"I'm not afraid of puny Germs!!" He yelled, alerting the entire lunch hall. I was sure that everyone present now knew that Zim is 'not afraid of puny germs'.

"Ok, ok, your not afraid of germs. But what does meat have to do with this anyway?"

Zim continued to explain that, on the previous day, he had done research on germs and bought some micro-goggles that would allow him to see the bacteria. He used them to clean his base. Then he explained that the meat he was drenched in was completely germ free and that it was the best method for, and I quote, 'continuing the mission without drawing attention'.

I would have explained to him why everything he told me was a load of nonsense but....its Zim.

"Uh....Zim, I think those goggles have been messing with your head..." I suggested, glancing at him and trying not to cringe. It was hard to take him seriously when he was covered in mushy, raw meat.

Zim only denied my claim, looking rather annoyed. Oh boy.

That's when Dib walked over with his hands behind his back. Double oh boy.

"Hello, zim" he said, looking rather smug.

"Hello, Dib-filth" zim replied, removing his gaze from me and onto Dib. He began analysing him, waiting for some kind of movement.

I glared in his direction.

"What do you want, Dib?" I sneered, not bothering to hide my frustration.

Dib hadn't seemed to notice the radiating anger coming from my form and continued to hold a smug grin.

"I was just wondering about the meat, that's all" he asked, feigning innocence.

"Noneya buisness" said zim.....WAIT! when and where did he hear that phrase??

"I'll find out your evil plan, Zim. I swear, I'll stop you!" He yelled, drawing attention, once more, to our table.

I shrank in my seat.

"Hes not even planning anything" I said, "hes just avoiding germs"

Dib looked at me in confusion, before turning to face zim and then turns back to me. He opens his mouth to say something.

"Dont ask, I dont get it either"

He closed his mouth again. He paused, blinking in silence and walked away.