12. Lets settle this, like children! (edited)

"As punishment for yesterdays paste incident," mrs Bitters started, peeling an apple at her desk, "today will be devoted to having your minds erased!" She claimed.

Next to her, the board had "paste: your chance for redemption" written on it. It was in big white capital letters.

We all took our seats. Certain students were selected to move to a larger, shared table, Zim, Dib and myself included. We sat on a square table. Dib sat across from me and zim whilst Matthew and Rob sat inbetween.

It was a silent lesson but I think that I needed a little silence at that moment. It was a constant annoyance to listen to Dib and Zim constantly at eachothers throats.

Maybe I should call Lori soon? I could do with a little normalcy in my life.

Zim used a paintbrush, splurging paint on a sheet of paper in front of him. The paste stuck to his hand. He started to pick at it in curiosity and rubbed it between his fingers. Then he took out a purple device, scanning the substance with it before doing the same the pot of paste.

Dib and Zim shared a glance for a while, silently judging one another. At one point I just stopped what I was doing to see what the staring was all about.

As I did so, Dib had disappeared from his side of the desk, making Zim flinch and me almost stand in my place. I heard light footsteps behind me, turning around to see Dib at the sink behind us. What was he doing?

Zim didnt turn around; I suppose he didnt hear Dib from behind him. Said human had turned the tap on just enough to make droplets of water leak out and onto the base of the sink.

The sound created a soft rhythm and was rather delicate to listen to. However, it wasnt nearly enjoyable for the being next to me.

I could see Zim tense up. His eyes growing wide at the sound in worry as his hands became stiff. I looked at him concerned. He was really anxious with water. I couldnt blame him; it looked painful when he was speeding around the school yard and screeching at the top of his..
Lungs? Do irkens have those?

His eyes followed the water droplets that came from the sink as Dib gave a malicious smile. I only gave him a glare in return.

I placed a hand on Zims shoulder, making him flinch once again. The poor guy was so worked up about this. I moved my hand away, getting up from my seat and turning the tap off. Dib mimicked the glare I gave him before, except it was at me. Zim produced a relieved sigh.

I went to sit back in my place as Zim began to relax enough to give me an awkward smile. I smiled back just as the bell finally rang.

It was like a flash when Zim shot out of his seat and dragged me out of the classroom at top speed. I didnt get the chance to get anything from my locker as zim had pulled us out of the school before I could even ask what was going on.

He pulled me out and behind a nearby mail box. I could finally catch my breath and process what just happened.

Zim had pulled out a strange device once more. It looked like a pair of advanced binoculars but it had a metallic arm coming off the front with a giant purple eye coming out of the end.

"Zim, what are we doing?" I finally asked. He didnt answer, dropping the mechanical device and grabbing my arm to pull me along once more.

We ran through another block and I didnt even get a chance to ask my question again. Zim took heavy breaths, hiding behind a lamppost.

My eyes softened. He was so scared.

He turned around about to take a step but screamed quickly noticing a puddle in our path. He stepped around the puddle keeping his eyes locked on it. I followed him, being careful not to make splashes.