7. head to foot in Meat... (edited)

The movie was....pretty odd. It was about Aliens invading earth. The only way they could be defeated was by their allergy to germs. It was pretty sad, honestly. The ending was rushed and couldve been so much better. Maybe the director was just scared to risk the aliens winning.

The alien in the room seemed unphased and actually seemed rather bored. I didnt dare comment.

An "Hooray for earth" flag waved as the movie came to an end.

I raised a quizzical eyebrow at it.

"Hooray for earth!" Said Gir, from next to me, raising a fist. Zim didn't like that.

"Gir! Earth is our enemy!" He claimed, sounding rather offended.

"I understand" he insisted with a disappointed tone. I kinda feel like he didnt.

"Stupid human propaganda
The very concept of a superior alien species being felled by something as pathetic as 'GERMS' is sheer fantasy" he said, looking at me this time.

I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, the likelyness of humans surviving that through Germs is very....rushed as an ending" I mused

"Do they really believe that could happen?" He responded, rhetorically.

He started laughing, it seemed half real, half fake. It was as If he was trying to convince himself more than Gir or myself. Gir laughed along with him, hysterical giggles filling the room. I almost ended up joining them. Something about their laughs was contagious.

Zim stopped laughing all of a sudden, rushing to the entrance of his base that I was, and i quote, "not even aloud to look at, let alone enter".

Girs laughing came to a halt. I was about to say something to him before I was cut off by him bursting into hysterical laughter once again. I gave an amused chuckle.

Gir was about to leave, claiming he had to get some tacos or something. I wasnt really sure, considering he was screaming the words and had a snack in his mouth. How did Gir digest that stuff? I wondered.

I was deserted in the living room of an alien invader, not knowing what to do with myself. I didnt feel very safe with the monkey image behind me. Its follow-me-eyes did their job well and had me speed walking towards the door.

Gir leaving had made me realise how late it was getting. I had finally come to the decision of leaving as well.

......

When school rolled around the next day, I grew concerned. Zim hadn't shown up. Even though he often failed to attend on time, this time seemed to bother me. Zim usually attends when he can. He doesnt want anyone to be suspicious.

"Hey, wheres Zim?" Asked chunk, turning to the kid behind him.

"Hm?...I dunno"

I didnt turn around but I swear some students started looking at me.

I looked over to my left, seeing Dib eyeing me in suspicion. Good grief, I could already hear his overbearing accusations. He hadn't even said anything today, which was weird and scary in itself but I didnt want to Say anything on Zims behalf. if I did, I'd just make it a bigger deal than it was.

At lunch, I was confronted by Dib.

"Hey, wheres Zim?!" He yelled, pointing an acusing finger at me. I only shrugged before taking a bite out of my food, waving my hand at him dismissively. He growled in annoyance and kept harassing me about what zim was up too or what his "next evil scheme" was. But I just kept telling him the truth. I had no clue.

"How am I supposed to know what Zim's doing?" I asked, raising a brow at him.

"Uh...cause your his best friend..?" That sounded more like a question. Did he really think that about me and zim. It was a sweet thought but...I dont think that's our relationship at all.

"No, I dont think that's the case, Dib. It's a nice thought but Zim doesnt think of it like that? He doesnt trust me with his plans, in his base or anything like that. I doubt he'll ever trust a human." I comment with a sad smile.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. I like Zim a lot but he's already been traumatised by Keefs "friendship" and is less then likely going to want to try again. Not to mention, He is completely disgusted by humans. Any relationship he'd want to form with one would probably be for the sake of his mission, not because he wanted too. And that's a depressing thought...

It took a while to get Dib off my back. He couldnt just let things go, could he? He just had to keep pushing it. It's bad enough that I'm upset about my place with Zim, cant he just step back for a moment?

I wanted to snap at him. Tell him what's been on my mind ever since.....

ANYWAY, I was very relieved to see Gaz drag him away. She was the only one i could actually rant too at this school. I guess she was the closest thing I had to a friend, besides the confusing relationship zim and I had.

I sighed. Maybe I should just find a proper friend and stick with them. Stop torturing myself by sitting with a bunch of kids I dont like. Zim came to mind again. Should I ask him? Will he turn me down?....

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the school bell. Man, lunch goes by fast when your sad and alone.....

I stood up and trudged off to my class.

............

By the time I had made it to zims house, I had already considered my options. I think me and zim got along well enough to be considered friends. Whether he knew it or not was a mystery to me.

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK

No response...

I tried again,

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK

silence...

Where is he? And where did that tree come from?

I looked over at the Tree. It had some kind of rope tied too it. How did Zim get a tree in his yard after a day? Is it even real?

I slipped over to the tree, wary of the security gnomes surrounding the path. I placed my hand on the trunk and what I felt was certainly not bark. It was more of a strong rubbery texture, like those of the dodgeballs we had in PE.

Where does zim get all this stuff from? Do aliens get mail? Is there some Alien delivery service I dont know about? Cause zim has everything, I swear.

And if there is some kind of alien delivery service....HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR IT? CAUSE I WANT SPACE MAIL!!!

I waited for a short while, hoping for zim to come back at any moment, but he didn't.

Sighing I had decided to confront him at school instead and go home.

............

I was sitting in class, face leaning on my arms when a figure stepped in front of the classroom.

I look over in shock, seeing zim covered head to foot in meat!

I had no words, but apparently Zim did.

As the entire class stared at him the only words that left his mouth were:

"How're ya doin'?"

Oh god, Zim. What have you been up too?