42. The confession

(Hey guys! Super big chapter for you, as I know I've been very inactive. Mostly it's work and school but I finally had motive to write.

This chapters pretty damn packed and might make you cry but there's so much drama that it'll be worth it)

I found myself anxiously rubbing my arms as I walked through a darkened corridor of the Irken dungeons. The half-blind irken behind me kept his weapon against my back, prodding me when I slowed down. He threatened that if I attempted to escape then I will surely face the consequences, there was no doubt it was true.

"Where are you taking me?" I finally gained the courage to ask, still tightly gripping my arms.

The irken remained silent, only replying with another prod to the back. This, in turn, made me grunt at the impact and glare towards him before immediatley looking away to avoid his vicious expression. I didn't really want to test this guy, as he was far too strong and definatly did not have the patience to deal with anyone who dared try.

So the walk was slow and silent. Why are experiences always so slow when they're not pleasant?

I found myself pondering at this for some time as I walked, being brought out of those thoughts by another quick jab.

"We're here" spoke the irken behind me, still monotone as he guided me through the doors which led outside.

It seemed we were on another planet, it wasn't Irk, nor was it earth. But the oxygen here was fresh and not at all tinted by horrible smoke and pollution of the city I was used to. This planet had a lovely, peaceful landscape and the sky was mesmerising.

I was guided to a building not to far from the ship, one side of it being open for all to see. It was round in shape and surrounded some kind of podium at the centre bottom. Above it was three large machines that resembled a PAK and glowed ominously.

Above all of that was a spire that neatly outlined the gradient sky, allowing it to fade beautifully between pinks, blues, purples and reds.

Overall, I found it hard to digest. It looked almost like an arena. But I knew it wasn't the case when I saw a single, familiar irken in the centre of the room. It must have been the trial room.

Zim looked genuinely scared for his life. He looked sick, bringing his hands close to his chest whilst his antennae remained low. His entire form shrunk nervously and he trembled harshly.

His PAK had been hooked up to some sort of machine, connecting it to the large screen above his head.

His mouth twisted into a grimance, opening every now and then as he breathed heavily. He looked like he was going to have a panic attack. Or, at least, like he was ready to faint.

"ZI-!!" I attempted to yell, being rudely cut of when the irken behind me slapped his hand over my mouth and muffled the sound.

I attempted to break free of his grasp, needing to get to my boyfriend before it was too late. Zim never openly allows himself to look scared, so I knew for a fact that things weren't going well.

I felt a horrible wave of pain flash over my body as I was prodded in the side harshly. The irken electrocuted me and managed to subdue me for a brief moment, so that was it.

Feeling weakened and groggy, I couldn't even fight back when the irken picked me up bridal style and carried me off in a direction I couldn't quite pinpoint.

My vision was blurred and the only sounds I could hear were muffled, even as I was taken past many Irkens of all shapes and sizes.

I finally started to recover when I was brought to the centre of the room, forced to stand in front of the room facing him as if I was included. I didn't like it one bit. It felt like I was part of this accusation, like I was the one passing judgement.