Finale: 45. The Aftermath

"Hey, guys! It's Y/n, and I am so excited to be able see you after 5 years of waiting! Zim finally deemed it safe enough for us to come back to Earth and it couldn't be a better day to be reunited.

There's so much to update you guys on and I couldn't be happier to be able to see you again!

Zims currently in the back right now, preparing the ship for our return. We've been through so much and I can't wait to tell you all about it! See you soon!"

I finished recording my message, sending it out to friends on Earth.

We had told our them about what happened on Judgmentia, exceedingly worried about everything that was going to happen. Worried about the future.

Dib obviously wasn't buying it, at first. Not truly accepting it until he physically saw me trying to pull a suitcase into the voot cruiser. That's when he started tugging on my jacket and begged me not to leave him. Alone. With. Gaz.

Speaking of Gaz, she seemed pretty indifferent as usual. The most she gave me was a punch in the arm, a subtle good luck and a "You're the least annoying person I've ever met" so....that was a win, as far as I'm concerned.

Gir thought he was staying on Earth too and started crying hysterically about me and Zim going away forever. But then he realised he was coming along and immediately went back to his usual, happy-go-lucky, self.

Then Lori.

Lori took us leaving the hardest.

She was understanding and she seemed pretty relaxed about the whole situation. But then we left and came back to her sobbing after forgetting to pick up my jacket on the way out. She was overwhelmed by the revelation of Zim and she found out her two best friends were leaving for an unknown period of time.

To help her cope, we introduced her to the membrane siblings and only hoped they would be okay without us.

As for Zim and I....well...lets just say there was a lot of catching up to do when we met up with everybody.

It was a difficult journey at first, due to the many issues regarding our situation. Zim was a recognisable irken and wanted throughout the galaxy and, as such, it was easy to make enemies. We would have to travel between planet's restless and barely got time for ourselves, let alone with eachother.

We had eventually started to adapt to the lifestyle, especially as the search parties began to die down and the search was less relentless. It encouraged us to grow as well.

Zim had provided and taught me how to use an old irken blaster he made some time ago, making sure I had experience and a means of defending myself if necessary. I had just about managed the basics when I got seperated from my partner, being forced to survive on my own for a while until he found me some hours later.

Of course, our journey always had various situations and outcomes. We had our fair share of fights and spats along the way, but each experience also increased our feelings and appreciation for one another. Though I regret arguing with him, I will never regret what I learnt.

But with as many fights we had, we also had triple the romantic and loving moments of our relationship. It was always so heart warming and sweet whenever he would release a calming trill whilst we cuddled, or when he would walk over and sit in my lap whilst I'm reading.

Everything he did to try and be a good partner just made me melt.

Then, of course, there was Gir.

Gir has had a lot of impact pushed on him since out adventure.

Zim and I never assumed that Gir could TRULY be sad about anything.

But we were wrong.

We were so wrong.