34. Emotional deficiency

(Hey guys. Sorry I'm late. Been dealing with exams so I'm 100% in stress mode. I was gonna wait until next week but I was hit with inspiration at a really wierd and inconvenient time and ended up writing an entire chapter. Hope you enjoy❤😂👌

Ps. This chapters slightly longer than the others. Yes I was that inspired)

I lay back on the couch with a giggling Gir on my lap.

For the past hour we'd been watching "angry monkey show: the movie", the little robots new obsession. It was on sale at a charity shop so I found myself buying it for him.

His reaction was priceless, quickly rushing over to hug my leg and squeal out an excited "I love you!" Before pulling me towards the couch and taking the DVD from my grasp.

Not long after that, he had plopped himself on my lap and began giggling and clapping to the shows silly premise when the title screen ascended.

In the midst of all of this, there was a clanking sound alarming itself in the background. Along with these strange noises was the frustrated yells of the irken I had grown to love.

"Ugh stupid thing!" He yelled out, causing more clanking sounds to emit even louder than before.

Gir turned to face me with teary eyes, gripping my sleeves and tugging on them quickly.

"I cant hear my movie!" He cried, somehow making his large blue optics even bigger and holding a heart melting frown on his face.

It didnt take long to convince me to do something about it, so I picked him up and placed him gently back on the couch when I stood up.

As I left for the kitchen, the robot had reached out his hands to me in a grabby motion. However, those motions stopped once the movie caught his attention once more.

My focus went back to the kitchen, the frustration of Zim starting to become worrying as he cursed to himself. As I walked into the room, I quickly took note of his position.

He had removed his PAK and sat it on the table, open. He had removed his gloves, them now cast to the side in order to take grasp of fiddly parts of the gadget. He had also clearly been banging his hand against the desk space hard; it was visible in the dark bruise forming at the bottem of his clenched fist.

His eye twitched in annoyance, drawing attention to his grimance aswell.

"Zim? What's wrong?" I questioned, alerting the irken.

He turned in his chair quickly, immediately startled by my presence. His hands gripped the arms of the chair in shock, lightly trembling.

"Its nothing" he lied through his teeth, pressing his back into the chair harder.

He's looked like this before. It reminded me of the time he completely broke down in front of me. Something was definitely bothering him.

"Zim, your clearly not okay. What's up with your PAK?" I questioned, darting my eyes towards the device on the table.

Some gears and knots had been removed and Zim had clearly been overdoing it. It looked more like he was fiddling with the device than fixing it and that only arose more questions within me. Just what is he trying to do?

The irken continued to tremble, tightening his grip on the chair.

"Its nothing important. I just need to...fix something..." he claimed, hesitating to blurt out any information about it.

"Oh really? Is everything okay? Your not missing memories or something are you!?" I panicked, pretty worried about his wellbeing.

It was possible that whatever he was trying to fix was pretty endangering to him. So it was perfectly reasonable to worry over it.